Raiders 2024 Depth Chart

People say this team lacks talent and I don't agree. I honestly think the depth isn't bad with a lot of starters in place. 

QB: AOC had his moment but I view him as QB3/ Maybe QB2. Hoyer and Jimmy are gone. Anthony Brown was brought in and has seen NFL time. He will be in the mix for depth competition. This unit obviously needs an infusion of talent. 

RB: Zeus- he really came on strong to end the year. I'm high on McCormick then most people, he has the juice to be the 3rd down back. I get he has't proven it, so more competition will be brought in. Brittain Brown hasn't done much, but he will be in the mix for a depth spot. McAllister was brought in from the CFL and will look to make the team as a returner and 3rd down/scat back. He looked explosive in CFL, let's see if it can carry it over to the big leagues. 

WR: Tae- he is over 30 and had a down year. I project him to bounce back with a better QB and OC. I think he will be back with Pierce as coach. Meyers is one of the better WR2 in the league. Tucker flashed as a rookie. He has dynamic speed, and I would expect a natural progression. I think his 4.4 is not accurate, he's more of a 4.2 / low 4.3 guy. Hunter Renfrow is likely gone with that high cap number. Kristian Wilkerson will compete for end of a roster spot after a strong preseason in 2023. 

TE: I just saw on X that McClown targeted TE on a record low %. We just invested a high 2nd rounder on Michael Mayer. Zach Gentry was an under the radar signing in December. We thought enough of him to sign him on a 2 year deal. Gentry is a huge 6'8 265 27 year old NFL vet. He was a regular contributor on the Steelers. Gentry should be a depth piece going forward. Pat Fotheringham is a typical TE3, who is going compete for a roster spot as a blocking TE. John Samuel Shenker is the in the same mold, but he also has FB versatility. Still could use a TE2 if Hooper isn't brought back.  

T: Kolton Miller is a rock at LT. He derserve more praise, and in the midst of his prime. JE is a solid RT who is a current FA. Munford has flashed brilliant play at both tackle spots. I would feel confident if Pierce wanted him to be the starting RT. Munford is a great swing tackle. Dalton Wagner was a highly regarded UDFA who the Raiders did not want to cut before the season. He will be in the mix for the depth spot. DJ Fluker was signed, and the vet has started many years in the league. Reggie McKenzie nephew Jalen McKenzie was also signed.

G: This position needs to be revamped if Parham is converted to center, and Van Roten is a 34 year old free agent. Ben Brown was brought in but hasn't made an NFL roster. Jordan Meredith made the team last year. Raiders have no depth 

Center: Parham- people are assuming he might be a better center then guard. I project they make the move, and let James walk. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DE: Mad Maxx is the man and franchise player. Koonce came on strong and posted 8 sacks when Pierce took over as a coach. He caused havoc down the stretch. Will Wilson will be a DE or DT? That's the big unanswered question. I fully expect him to make a jump in year 2 with a clean slate of health. Wilson also played better down the stretch. Janarius Robinson is a former mid rounder who has a typical size of a DE, athletic, and made a few plays. He will be in the mix as a depth piece. Agoha is coming off his rookie year straight from Africa. He has the size and athletic ability, he will be fighting for a roster spot. Charles Snowden and Elerson G. Smith are both 6'7 245 , and will also be competing for depth spots. Smith was a former 4th round pick

DT: Jerry Tillery will likely be cut by Tom again. Byron Young was a ghost as rookie. He can't be counted on going forward, and will be fighting for a roster spot in training camp. Matthew Butler is another underachieving draft pick. He is no roster lock. Marquan McCall is a mountain of a man at 6'4 350, but has proven nothing to date. He is a camp invite who will be fighting for a spot. Nesta was also brought back, and flashed last preseason. Both are potential backup NT. Raiders need a starting UT, and NT. Talent is needed in the unit.

OLB: Deablo had a break year in 2023. He set career marks with 106 tackles, and played a big role in the defensive turnaround. Burney played mostly special teams but quietly made 9 tackles. He made the team as a day3 pick, and he might make more noise in year 2. Luke Masterson is a solid depth LB. We could use another starter level LB. Raiders run a lot of 2 LB sets. 

MLB: Spillane was a rock on defense, and great pickup through free agency. Darrien Butler has been in the program for a couple years and been coached by Pierce since college. Could use more competition for depth here. 

CB: Jack Jones was a great pick up and ball out. Brandon Facyson is being paid starter money. Not sure if Tom cuts or keeps the former Charger. Brandon was Hirt all 2023. Nate Hobbs is a fine nickel cornerback. Bennett was getting burnt as a rookie, but he was thrown into the wolves starting as a Day3 rookie. He will compete for a roster spot, hopefully he is better in year 2. I'm glad we brought back Sam Webb. Webb is an NFL corner, who will be competing for a roster spot. Cornell Armstrong, a former Day3 was also signed. He runs a 4.45 but hasn't been able to establish himself in the league. He's competition for the unit 

S: Moehrig put it all together in 2023. He's a stud FS who makes up the core of the defense. Epps ended up becoming a a great pick up from free agency. Eagles sure did miss his presence. Pola-Mao is a solid backup safety. He was a nice UDFA find. Chris Smith didn't see the field much as a rookie. He was highly regarded last draft season. His role might expand in year 2. Jaydon Grant and Treque Jones are 2023 UDFA who will be fighting for a roster spot. Both Box safeties types

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

K/P/LS - Cole and Carlson are maybe the best Kicker/Punter combo in the business. Boyheimer didn't make any mistakes, he's a solid LS. 

KR/ PR- DeAnder Carter is a free agent. He is over 30 and didn't do much in 2023. Might turn to youth/cost effective player  as a returner

I color code positions by need: Red=Need Green=Good Yellow=could use work

Edited by Humble_Beast
  • Like 2

Which Free Agent you think will be retained? 

• Josh Jacobs RB 26 $11,791,000 - RBs fall off at the age of 27. I would franchise tag Jacobs one more year and use as a trade bait for a day 2 pick. RBs always drop like flies 
  • Bilal Nichols DE 27 $5,500,000 - Overpaid based on production. I doubt he is retained 
  • Andre James C 28  $4,325,000- I think he might get overpaid in free agency. He is an average starting Center. I think he leaves 
  • Jermaine Eluemunor RT 30 $3,000,000- I thought he was going get a better deal last year. I could see JE coming back for the same salary. Starting Tackle level, and team leader. 
  • Austin Hooper TE 29  $2,750,000- we aren't going to feature the TE position. Kliff runs 3-4 WR sets. I think Hooper leaves
  • Ameer Abdullah RB 31 $1,750,000- He could be easily replaced by a rookie or another vet. Could be brought back post draft if not upgraded 
  • Greg Van Roten G 34 $1,600,000- He was a steal last year, and played solid. I think we go with youth as Van Roten will be 34. Could be brought back cheap post draft 
  • Adam Butler DT 30 $1,550,000- I hope we bring him back on a slight raise. Good depth in a unit that lacks talent 
  • Deandre Carter WR 31 $1,500,000- See Abdullah. See if we upgrade with youth in free agency/draft maybe brought back post draft 
  • John Jenkins DT 35 $1,317,500- see Van Roten 
  • Jesper Horsted TE 27 $1,120,000- maybe brought back for the minimum. We did sign Zach Gentry for cheap 
  • Brandon Parker T 28.2$1,080,000- I would bring him back for his cheap salary. Decent LT, but gets hurt. Ideal depth 
  • Jakob Johnson FB 29 $1,080,000- probably walks given the new offensive scheme 
  • Curtis Bolton LB 28 $1,010,000- scrub. roster spot better use on developmental player 
  • Amik Robertson CB 26 $947,350- I would like bring him back, but I think he will get overpaid. I think he can upgrade with similar salary 
  • Isaiah Pola-Mao S 25 $787,500- likely bring back both ERFA
  • Jordan Meredith G 26  $750,000

On 2/3/2024 at 9:51 AM, Humble_Beast said:

Which Free Agent you think will be retained? 

• Josh Jacobs RB 26 $11,791,000 - RBs fall off at the age of 27. I would franchise tag Jacobs one more year and use as a trade bait for a day 2 pick. RBs always drop like flies 
  • Bilal Nichols DE 27 $5,500,000 - Overpaid based on production. I doubt he is retained 
  • Andre James C 28  $4,325,000- I think he might get overpaid in free agency. He is an average starting Center. I think he leaves 
  • Jermaine Eluemunor RT 30 $3,000,000- I thought he was going get a better deal last year. I could see JE coming back for the same salary. Starting Tackle level, and team leader. 
  • Austin Hooper TE 29  $2,750,000- we aren't going to feature the TE position. Kliff runs 3-4 WR sets. I think Hooper leaves
  • Ameer Abdullah RB 31 $1,750,000- He could be easily replaced by a rookie or another vet. Could be brought back post draft if not upgraded 
  • Greg Van Roten G 34 $1,600,000- He was a steal last year, and played solid. I think we go with youth as Van Roten will be 34. Could be brought back cheap post draft 
  • Adam Butler DT 30 $1,550,000- I hope we bring him back on a slight raise. Good depth in a unit that lacks talent 
  • Deandre Carter WR 31 $1,500,000- See Abdullah. See if we upgrade with youth in free agency/draft maybe brought back post draft 
  • John Jenkins DT 35 $1,317,500- see Van Roten 
  • Jesper Horsted TE 27 $1,120,000- maybe brought back for the minimum. We did sign Zach Gentry for cheap 
  • Brandon Parker T 28.2$1,080,000- I would bring him back for his cheap salary. Decent LT, but gets hurt. Ideal depth 
  • Jakob Johnson FB 29 $1,080,000- probably walks given the new offensive scheme 
  • Curtis Bolton LB 28 $1,010,000- scrub. roster spot better use on developmental player 
  • Amik Robertson CB 26 $947,350- I would like bring him back, but I think he will get overpaid. I think he can upgrade with similar salary 
  • Isaiah Pola-Mao S 25 $787,500- likely bring back both ERFA
  • Jordan Meredith G 26  $750,000

thoughts?

I honest like our starters. Not too many old guys, a lot of young talent. We could fill all the needs if we move smart 

• QB: ?
  • RB: Zeus
  • WR1: Tae
  • WR2: Meyers
  • WR3: Tucker
  • TE: Mayer
  • LT: Miller
  • LG: ?
  • Center: Parham
  • RG: ?
  • RT: Munford
  • ----------------------
  • DE: Maxx
  • DT: ?
  • NT: ?
  • DE: Koonce
  • WLB: Deablo
  • MLB: Spillane
  • CB1: J Jones
  • CB2: ?
  • SlotCB: Hobbs
  • FS: Moehrig
  • SS: Epps
Edited by Humble_Beast
  • Like 1

On 2/3/2024 at 9:51 AM, Humble_Beast said:

Josh Jacobs RB 26 $11,791,000 - RBs fall off at the age of 27. I would franchise tag Jacobs one more year and use as a trade bait for a day 2 pick. RBs always drop like flies

Jacobs on a 2nd tag would cost $13.67m minimum.

15 hours ago, Angleae said:

Jacobs on a 2nd tag would cost $13.67m minimum.

I'd give him 2 years 20m take it or leave it. Zeus should have an uptick in carries something I thought should've happened last year, didn't happen until Jacobs got hurt, but they would make a dynamic 1-2 punch.

Steelers already releasing guys, wonder when we make our cuts. My list would be the following: JimmyG, Hunter Renfrow, Jerry Tillery, Brian Hoyer 

Brandon Facyson- I'm 50/50 on cutting him. Missed the entire season, but Graham wanted him to be a starter. Still under 30, could be a surprise bounce back player but I could also see him cut. 

I don't play Madden but this is how I would rate our staters going into free agency 

QB: AOC 68

RB: ZEUS 76

WR: TAE 97

WR: Meyers 83

WR: Tucker 74

TE: Mayer 78

LT: Miller 92

LG: Ben Brown 60

Center: Parham 84

RG: Meredith 62

RT: Munford 78

DE: Maxx 96

DT: Tillery 68

NT: Byron Young 66

DE: Koonce 78

WLB: Deablo 80

MLB: Spillane 79

CB: Jones 84

CB: Frayson 70

Slot: Hobbs: 80

FS: Moehrig 86

SS: Epps 82

K: Carlson 92

P: Cole 94

LS: Bobenmoyer 76 

thoughts?

On 2/17/2024 at 9:39 AM, Humble_Beast said:

I don't play Madden but this is how I would rate our staters going into free agency 

QB: AOC 68

RB: ZEUS 76

WR: TAE 97

WR: Meyers 83

WR: Tucker 74

TE: Mayer 78

LT: Miller 92

LG: Ben Brown 60

Center: Parham 84

RG: Meredith 62

RT: Munford 78

DE: Maxx 96

DT: Tillery 68

NT: Byron Young 66

DE: Koonce 78

WLB: Deablo 80

MLB: Spillane 79

CB: Jones 84

CB: Frayson 70

Slot: Hobbs: 80

FS: Moehrig 86

SS: Epps 82

K: Carlson 92

P: Cole 94

LS: Bobenmoyer 76 

thoughts?

Tae, Miller, and Crosby will all probably be rated a couple of points lower than your projected.  It's hard to get to 99 these days and none of them are considered to be the best at their position.  I wouldn't be surprised if D. Adams was rated around a 92-94 after such a bad season (not primarily his fault).  I personally think Spillane should be a smidge higher and Deablo a bit lower.  Also, I know you didn't go this in-depth, but Deablo's injury rating should be low.  Dude is always injured.  I like where CB Jones is at.  Dude is a baller but doesn't have a lot of tape with the Raiders just yet.  I think Moehrig and Epps will be a smidge lower as well even though I like where you have them.

On 2/7/2024 at 5:46 PM, raidr4life said:

I'd give him 2 years 20m take it or leave it. Zeus should have an uptick in carries something I thought should've happened last year, didn't happen until Jacobs got hurt, but they would make a dynamic 1-2 punch.

Even 3 years 30 million, he’s only 25

I think there's 3 Raider players who can surprise this upcoming year: 

Brandon Fracyson- he has been a solid starting CB in this league. 

I say let him play out the last year of his contract. He is 29, forgotten because he was hurt all 2023. The other 3 free agents in 2023 worked out: Epps, Spillane, Butler. Graham must like his game to bring him in on a starter salary. 

2) Thayer Munford 

https://x.com/SpencerHolbrook/status/1719165192590811156?s=20

https://raiderswire.usatoday.com/2024/01/03/raiders-ot-thayer-munford-should-be-a-full-time-starter-in-2024/

3) Sincere McCormick - he has the juice, has moves, can catch. He could be an ideal 3rd down back if he received a legit shot. I would let Ameer for more youth. Similar player but younger 

https://x.com/CBSSportsNet/status/1466984547627720706?s=20

https://x.com/PFF_College/status/1489780816980885507?s=20

• 3 weeks later...