Raiders 2024 Depth Chart

3 minutes ago, RaidersForever said:

That's probably the plan once JPJ is no longer hurt.

I would give the other guard a shot. His pff numbers were good in preseason, Whitehair stood out as pathetic. Chargers don’t even have great DTs either. 

Edited by Humble_Beast

On 8/28/2024 at 1:30 AM, Humble_Beast said:

my initial thoughts on the 53: 

• surprise Nesta made it over Snowden as 9 DL. nit picking 
  • Ameer and DJ Turner made it as vets who play special teams. No big deal 
  • Keyton, Gainer, McAllister deserve to make the team and key depth now 
  • Wouldn't be mad if we cut Fracyson or a corner and sign a more talented vet 
  • All 7 rookies made it, and 2 UDFA- with 3 guys likely starters in no time. Class looks promising 
  • Wouldn't be mad if we drop Mauga/Fracyson/Nesta for 3 Clear upgrades from guys cut on other teams 

Luckily, in pre season we played Nesta and Byron Young side by side, clear to see Nesta was better. Better leverage, much more explosive, violent hands and much more impactful. They made the right choice there though both he and Snowden should have been on the 53 imo. I’d always carry more DLine than OLine as DLine rotate to keep fresh whereas OLine dont plus we’ve got great versatility there with everyone except Miller playing multiple positions.

• 2 weeks later...

start JPJ and Glaze going forward. Not sure why Parham was benched? Masterson is a jag, should start Gainer. See what he has to offer. Getting real close to demoting Zeus to 3rd string and rolling with Mattison and Laube as our 1-2. Enough with Abdullah, he should just be a special teamer. He is starting to remind me of Brandon Bolden. I want to see Tucker get more touches via returns, or Tyreik McAllister. He made the team for a reason. I'll give Minshew 1-2 more bad performances before he is benched. 

8 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

start JPJ and Glaze going forward. Not sure why Parham was benched? Masterson is a jag, should start Gainer. See what he has to offer. Getting real close to demoting Zeus to 3rd string and rolling with Mattison and Laube as our 1-2. Enough with Abdullah, he should just be a special teamer. He is starting to remind me of Brandon Bolden. I want to see Tucker get more touches via returns, or Tyreik McAllister. He made the team for a reason. I'll give Minshew 1-2 more bad performances before he is benched. 

Abdullah caught a pass in the flat, slipped a tackle and got a rare first down yesterday.

Also, you're overlooking the bigger issue. The Oline is a mess. The switch from power to zone has not gone smoothly. The Oline coach, plunked off the 49ers staff is not looking like the best hire right now.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, big_palooka said:

Abdullah caught a pass in the flat, slipped a tackle and got a rare first down yesterday.

Also, you're overlooking the bigger issue. The Oline is a mess. The switch from power to zone has not gone smoothly. The Oline coach, plunked off the 49ers staff is not looking like the best hire right now.

was just gonna say that - of course we hire the one coach from the Shanahan tree that don't work out - Raiders fans just can't have nice things.

8 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

I hope Parham was still struggling with a lingering issue because if the coaches took him out over Whitehair via some foolish assessment that he has somehow performed better, especially when JPJ had been getting all the reps at LG, would be very daft. 

Wouldn’t surprise me with group though as they, like pretty much all of our last staffs, seem allergic to making the correct decision staring you in the face (picking Minshew over AOC to run Getsy’s offense, criminally underusing 12 personel, not feeding Bowers/Adam’s, running the ball - ever) and seem to manufacture problems that don’t actually exist i.e. Parham being the weak link…

On 9/23/2024 at 3:37 AM, big_palooka said:

Just my opinion, but lack of OL depth, a scheme change, two open spots and a position change,.... met injuries. OL mojo is an illusive creature, and it took one look at that hot mess, and burrowed in behind a blocking sled. Flop Parham back to LG. Start JPJ & DJGlaze, Use Munford as the swing Tackle. Start Mattison to run the zone, blow up all tendencies for Run/Pass, and sub in Zeus to pound the rock as soon as the front sets back on their heals to figure out where the ball is going.