Super Wildcard Weekend GDT: Steelers (7) at Bills (2) Sunday at 1:00pm.

Trentwannabe

22 minutes ago, The BILLievers said:

Saw that. At least the positive news is McDermott said they are all day-to-day which means Douglas and Gabe Davis didn't suffer anything substantial that'll keep them out of the playoffs. 

I think we can get by without Douglas this week but Gabe Davis would be a big asset as he's a great run blocker and the weather looks windy on Sunday. 

The day-to-day lingo from McDermott is key lol

Just now, Trentwannabe said:

Shakir isn't playing on the outside to replace Gabe though. Can't deny his blocking presence and his ability to go off at times, even if they are few and far between. His ceiling is much higher than Sherrfield. 

He's not but he will by necessity get more offensive touches, obviously losing Gabe's blocking sucks, but he also causes a lot of bad plays and turnovers with his sloppy route running and inability to communicate with Josh. If you can't run on a hobbled Steelers defense without a good pass blocking wideout you probably deserve to lose anyway.

4 minutes ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

He's not but he will by necessity get more offensive touches, obviously losing Gabe's blocking sucks, but he also causes a lot of bad plays and turnovers with his sloppy route running and inability to communicate with Josh. If you can't run on a hobbled Steelers defense without a good pass blocking wideout you probably deserve to lose anyway.

I am definitely on board with more touches to Shakir - and by proxy Kincaid. 

I have a feeling Lenny has a big game for us running downhill. 

21 hours ago, Trentwannabe said:

Just out of curiosity who would you move to inactive? For me it would probably be Poona because Settle is more versatile and plays more special teams.

Probably Poona. I like what Poona has brought the past couple weeks. But he is more of a pass rusher. Settle is more of a run stuffer than he is. Or maybe even Jospeh takes Dodsons spot if he is inactive.

19 minutes ago, Kmart128 said:

Probably Poona. I like what Poona has brought the past couple weeks. But he is more of a pass rusher. Settle is more of a run stuffer than he is. Or maybe even Jospeh takes Dodsons spot if he is inactive.

Looks like Dodson was limited so hopefully he can go this weekend. He's been really strong as a downhill backer. 

16 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

Too bad about Rapp. He's kind of come on lately in their 3 safety looks. I think it's bad news about Gabe but I know others won't share that opinion.

Would be great if one of Dodson or Douglas could go.

With the weather looking like it’s going to be brutal this may be a game where we need Gabe the most for his blocking. The passing game may be non existent.

7 minutes ago, Billsfaninptown said:

With the weather looking like it’s going to be brutal this may be a game where we need Gabe the most for his blocking. The passing game may be non existent.

Famous last words I know but I feel like the weather is being overblown as a talking point. Sounds more like the weather leading up to the game and for travel could be an issue. But come game time it won't be that cold and the Bills have played in stronger winds. 

With Allen and the short game, I feel like the passing game will still get going. 

I'm seeing opinions around saying that if the weather turns this into a run game type of day, that PIT will start getting the advantage to swing their way. But we have a better rushing offense and better rush defense than they do? And they won't have Watt. 

I'm not sure what it is with him, but I don't feel too threatened by Najee running the ball. He might get 20 carries if weather is tough, but he would probably turn that into 50 yards.

Josh has a strong enough arm to make his passes in the wind. Even if he just stuck to under 20 yard throws. Enough to move the chains is all we need.

Hopefully this isn't one of those dumb close stressful games again.

33 minutes ago, DER10N92 said:

I'm seeing opinions around saying that if the weather turns this into a run game type of day, that PIT will start getting the advantage to swing their way. But we have a better rushing offense and better rush defense than they do? And they won't have Watt. 

I'm not sure what it is with him, but I don't feel too threatened by Najee running the ball. He might get 20 carries if weather is tough, but he would probably turn that into 50 yards.

Josh has a strong enough arm to make his passes in the wind. Even if he just stuck to under 20 yard throws. Enough to move the chains is all we need.

Hopefully this isn't one of those dumb close stressful games again.

I disagree. Give Josh Allen, James Cook and our OL over Rudolph, Harris and their OL.

This should play into Josh Allens strengths with his size, legs and arm strength. He's making throws Rudolph simply doesn't have the arm to do in 60 MPH wind 

James Cook needs to hang onto the ball on Sunday. He's gonna get looks in the passing game 

Edited by BillsGuy82