2024 Titans HC Coaching Search

KingTitan

1 minute ago, KingTitan said:

Didn't Frank Reich take duties from him?

He gave him playcalling duties in the middle of the season, then he took it away a month later. Sounds like a case of too many cooks. Just a mess like everything else In Carolina last year.

6 minutes ago, TitanSlim said:

He gave him playcalling duties in the middle of the season, then he took it away a month later. Sounds like a case of too many cooks. Just a mess like everything else In Carolina last year.

Digging in the crates I can feel the vibes. Could work well with Ran being former RBs. 

And I like the way he carries himself in interviews. 

42 minutes ago, 615finest said:

Brown was the assistant HC/TE when Liam Coen was the OC for the rams.. Could be a good pairing since Coen coached Levis. Gotta love the McVey/shanahan tree

Hard sell to fanbase tho bringing in guy who had the worst offense in the league. 

But then again....Vrabel as an DC...

2 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Hard sell to fanbase tho bringing in guy who had the worst offense in the league. 

But then again....Vrabel as an DC...

With Reich being the playcaller most of the season it’s hard for me to fault brown. Most fans don’t do research and just base it off him being in Carolina. The whole organization is a mess there.

He’s not my top choice but I wouldn’t be mad. Never knw how he’ll be as a HC. Whole thing is a guessing game lol.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, 615finest said:

With Reich being the playcaller most of the season it’s hard for me to fault brown. Most fans don’t do research and just base it off him being in Carolina. The whole organization is a mess there.

He’s not my top choice but I wouldn’t be mad. Never knw how he’ll be as a HC. Whole thing is a guessing game lol.

Yeah I could definitely get behind it. Eventually. 

But yeah fans and league would blindly call us a terrible team. 

So normally that makes me think he will be the hire lol 

This is not pointed to anyone on here, more so at the national pundits...taking the negative take is so easy...we are dumb for firing Vrabel, AAS is too irrational, if we hire ____ coach we blew it. It's easy because there is no down side to a negative take. If we suck it's easy to come back and say I told you so. If we are better, no one will ever walk back there take...it will be either like nothing ever happened or they will say no one could have ever seen this coming. 

I don't have any rankings, I only have a hope we go with an offensive guy, and if we go with a defensive guy he let's the OC go and try to score as many points as possible and understands a 42-38 win is just as good as a 13-10 win...and a 42-10 win is even better!!!

• Like 1

Updated ranking out of the interviewed requests: 

1. Slowik/Johnson 

2. Kafka

3. Callahan

4. McDonald

5. Thomas Brown

The question is do pass over maybe better defensive coaching prospects for a less successful coach that will call offense. 

4 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Updated ranking out of the interviewed requests: 

1. Slowik/Johnson 

2. Kafka

3. Callahan

4. McDonald

5. Thomas Brown

The question is do pass over maybe better defensive coaching prospects for a less successful coach that will call offense. 

just curious - why so high on Kafka?

Just now, deeluxx3 said:

just curious - why so high on Kafka?

Just reading deeper into his road.

Had a big hand in developing Mahomes. Reid called for him specifically to come to his staff while he was just a GA at Northwestern. 

Kelce swears by him. 

Was Chiefs passing game coordinator. 

Really looked at the games that he was reported to call this year. They scored 24 points or more majority of the time with guys like Devito and Tyrod Taylor. 

He got Daniel Jones paid last year and had a big hand in the offense and getting the Giants to the playoffs last year. 

Rumored to have been able to do all this in an environment less than ideal with Brian Daboll. 

I don't know what kind of disciplinary he is. He has a calm way about him looking at some of the interviews but he knows what he is talking about. 

I'm gonna watch more of the games from last year. But it's a good vibe with him.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KingTitan said:

Just reading deeper into his road.

Had a big hand in developing Mahomes. Reid called for him specifically to come to his staff while he was just a GA at Northwestern. 

Kelce swears by him. 

Was Chiefs passing game coordinator. 

Really looked at the games that he was reported to call this year. They scored 24 points or more majority of the time with guys like Devito and Tyrod Taylor. 

He got Daniel Jones paid last year and had a big hand in the offense and getting the Giants to the playoffs last year. 

Rumored to have been able to do all this in an environment less than ideal with Brian Daboll. 

I don't know what kind of disciplinary he is. He has a calm way about him looking at some of the interviews but he knows what he is talking about. 

I'm gonna watch more of the games from last year. But it's a good vibe with him.

that's good stuff. I was concerned that we were even interviewing him but his background is indeed a solid and intriguing one.

I'm at the point where I just want a young hotshot offensive mind. His resume could just be "McVay's high school smoking buddy" and I'd give him a blank check.

The one thing that is just impossible to tell on the Johnson's, Slowik's, Kafka's of the world -- and no puff piece can prove otherwise -- is how they'll truly be at managing a football game. He lost his fastball this year, but that was what made Vrabel really special at his best. Of course there were some stinkers of games, but 9/10 times we were prepared and competed. Situational football was a strength more often than not.

I suppose the same can be said for defensive coaches like MacDonald. But the league is rightfully in love with these offensive whiz kids, but we gotta find the guy who is also going to win the game within the game.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

that's good stuff. I was concerned that we were even interviewing him but his background is indeed a solid and intriguing one.

I'm at the point where I just want a young hotshot offensive mind. His resume could just be "McVay's high school smoking buddy" and I'd give him a blank check.

The one thing that is just impossible to tell on the Johnson's, Slowik's, Kafka's of the world -- and no puff piece can prove otherwise -- is how they'll truly be at managing a football game. He lost his fastball this year, but that was what made Vrabel really special at his best. Of course there were some stinkers of games, but 9/10 times we were prepared and competed. Situational football was a strength more often than not.

I suppose the same can be said for defensive coaches like MacDonald. But the league is rightfully in love with these offensive whiz kids, but we gotta find the guy who is also going to win the game within the game.

Very true. I'm at the point I think even the most mid-level OC with the ability to run a team is better to have. 

Kevin Stefanski and Kevin O'Connell weren't super super high level guys. But respected and came with great reps. 

Pair one of those guys with a good to great QB and I think you see some Superbowls. 

Edited by KingTitan
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Very true. I'm at the point I think even the most mid-level OC with the ability to run a team is better to have. 

Kevin Stefanski and Kevin O'Connell weren't super super high level guys. But respected and came with great reps. 

Pair one of those guys with a good to great QB and I think you see some Superbowls. 

I want a young offensive-minded coach and a DC with a ton of gray hair that sits in the booth with glasses at the tip of his nose

• Like 1