The Unpopular Opinion Thread

1 hour ago, naptownskinsfan said:

I already see the loophole coming to keep it 

No loophole. This is my favorite place and people to talk football with so not yet sure if I want to make that commitment lol

Edited by lavar703

6 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

No loophole. This is my favorite place and people to talk football with so not yet sure if I want to make that commitment lol

No one would ever hold you to that bro. We want more like-minded fans, not less. With that said, you got some serious confidence that they go QB at 2. 

8 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

“But I said if we picked at 2, and we traded it” 

Nah I’m not going to force you to leave, it was just a joke.  Nor should you feel so strongly to make that statement.  This isn’t our livelihood we’re talking here.  I’ve gotten a lot of fun out of being on forums like this for 20 years.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Slappy Mc said:

No one would ever hold you to that bro. We want more like-minded fans, not less. With that said, you got some serious confidence that they go QB at 2. 

I am very confident that's the route they're going. I base it on how bad next years class is and the one after is basically Arch Manning. I know things change year to year as evidenced by Jayden Daniels meteoric rise however the 2025 class just looks bad especially with McCarthy declaring. I think they'll want to get this out of the way immediately so they can focus on the rest of the team. 

39 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

Unpopular Opinion: Sam Howell is just as good for Kliff Kingsbury's offense, as any draft pick not named Caleb Williams. 

I'll bite. How? I think it better fits him than EB's offense does, but I am not sure he is just as good as the other two prospects. 

15 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

I'll bite. How? I think it better fits him than EB's offense does, but I am not sure he is just as good as the other two prospects. 

Sam Howell is at his best when operating out of the shotgun and making quick decisive throws. Add in the fact that RPO was big during his time at UNC. Sam Howell also cut his teeth in the Air Raid system and was very successful. 

As for the other two prospects, besides his size, I don't think Drake Maye is any better than Howell. And Jayden Daniels is a much better runner, but IMO, a worse passer, specifically where accuracy is concerned.

3 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

And Jayden Daniels is a much better runner, but IMO, a worse passer, specifically where accuracy is concerned.

I will be curious how this unfolds in his career. If his career is the catalyst, okay, but if last year wasn't an anomaly watch out. 

3 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

I will be curious how this unfolds in his career. If his career is the catalyst, okay, but if last year wasn't an anomaly watch out. 

Rarely do dual-threat QBs come into the league and "pick up where they left off" after a high output season. Also the stats for Heisman winners is a mixed bag. He could be like Lamar Jackson or he could tank like Marcus Mariota. I'd personally rather build the team up over taking a chance on either QBs. 

9 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Unpopular opinion: They trade up for Caleb Williams. I hate it. I don't want it. I hate the idea of giving up draft capital but they do it and it includes our 2025 1st.

For some they would probably be ok with this, but to those I ask, what happens if/when Caleb isn't it? We are stuck in RG3 purgatory again without prime draft capital to rebuild. I get you won't hit any homeruns if you never swing, but we should be looking at getting on base consistently instead of trying to knock everything out of the park. 

1 hour ago, lavar703 said:

Unpopular opinion: They trade up for Caleb Williams. I hate it. I don't want it. I hate the idea of giving up draft capital but they do it and it includes our 2025 1st.

That might be unpopular here but I think the general population loves it 

1 hour ago, lavar703 said:

After the coach hiring debacle I’m afraid they might do something like this to get fan interest up.

44 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

After the coach hiring debacle I’m afraid they might do something like this to get fan interest up.

IF the Bears open to it I think its going to happen. I'd rather just take Maye but I don't think they're going to do that. 

28 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

IF the Bears open to it I think its going to happen. I'd rather just take Maye but I don't think they're going to do that. 

Since Peter’s values building through the draft I think they will have to really love CW above and beyond the other QBs to relinquish that draft capital.