The Unpopular Opinion Thread

16 hours ago, lavar703 said:

I just think Wylie sucks. I think he's going to suck no matter where we put him. 

Possibly but you don't know unless you try. Wylie seemed fine in a phone booth but struggled against speed rushers, that's why guard seems like the best spot for him.

I’d still draft a guard in R2 or 3 while also drafting an OT to develop.

1 minute ago, turtle28 said:

Unpopular opinion: We won't sign a lot of FAs but we’ll keep a few of our own who were leaders on the team.

We will mostly build through the draft and it will take 3 years to form a playoff team.

I think this too.  I think 2024 the record does not matter.  It’s a culture year, and likely drafting a QB and letting them learn the ropes, taking the good with the bad.  In 2025, you are hopeful the pieces are gelling together, continue to build the core and are around .500 with a possible Wild Card berth.  In 2026, you are looking at a run at the division and a deep playoff run and putting your assets to use accordingly.  

• Like 1

UNpopular opinion .. ..You can win with mostly average players plus a few really good leaders/ players and a coupla of elites.  It's more coaching that player talent. Just need those 4 or 5 key players one being the Q B of course. We'll turn this thing really fast like Joe Gibbs going 8-8 to then winning a S B . 

Edited by RSkinGM
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, RSkinGM said:

UNpopular opinion .. ..You can win with mostly average players plus a few really good leaders/ players and a coupla of elites.  It's more coaching that player talent. Just need those 4 or 5 key players one being the Q B of course. We'll turn this thing really fast like Joe Gibbs going 8-8 to then winning a S B . 

Ehh, I agree to an extent but let's not forget the great scouting work Bethard did & the great development of players Gibbs did.

We don't win a Super Bowl without hitting on our early draft picks like Monk, Mark May, Russ Grimm, Charlie Brown, Manley, Monk, Daryl Grant, Clint Diddier, Green, Mann & Kelvin Bryant

Of course the 1982 draft sucked, I don't think we hit on a pick.

• 3 weeks later...
27 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

Unpopular Opinion: The team signs Russell Wilson in FA and trades down from #2. 

Out of everything I can and could be upset about this offseason (Chip Kelly), this might be the very worst realistic thing that could happen. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MikeT14 said:

Out of everything I can and could be upset about this offseason (Chip Kelly), this might be the very worst realistic thing that could happen. 

Statistically, he had another great season. A veteran QB wouldn't be a terrible option to try to compete sooner rather than later. 

25 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Why can’t we just draft our own guy? 

Not saying we can't, but two things to answer your question. 

1.  Outside of Caleb Williams, I don't like the QBs. I would prefer Sam Howell/Russell Wilson over every QB not named Caleb Williams. 

2. I think our roster sucks. Especially the O-Line. I would prefer to build the team through the draft and a bridge QB helps get the talent around the roster. 

It also helps that Dan Quinn and Russell Wilson have familiarity and Russell also fits the QB style for Kliff Kingsbury's offense. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

Not saying we can't, but two things to answer your question. 

1.  Outside of Caleb Williams, I don't like the QBs. I would prefer Sam Howell/Russell Wilson over every QB not named Caleb Williams. 

2. I think our roster sucks. Especially the O-Line. I would prefer to build the team through the draft and a bridge QB helps get the talent around the roster. 

It also helps that Dan Quinn and Russell Wilson have familiarity and Russell also fits the QB style for Kliff Kingsbury's offense. 

I would be absolutely shocked if the pick at 2 isn’t a QB.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lavar703 said:

I'm almost willing to bet my FF account on us taking a QB at 2. 

I'd take that action.

The overconfidence in something that is anything but a sure deal, before FA, before the staff is even filled out is a bit surprising.