Bears fire OC Luke Getsy + Other Offensive Coaches

Madmike90

Interesting that only two have went so far...either...

Bad - we just try and bring someone else in from the same scheme to call the plays but they have to keep the same staff under them.

Good - we are giving whoever comes in almost full say over who is on his offensive staff.

1 minute ago, Madmike90 said:

Interesting that only two have went so far...either...

Bad - we just try and bring someone else in from the same scheme to call the plays but they have to keep the same staff under them.

Good - we are giving whoever comes in almost full say over who is on his offensive staff.

I don't know if we'll see specifics on the lower members of the offensive staff, Schefter reporting Getsy and all of his assistants have been let go

1 minute ago, chisoxguy7 said:

I don't know if we'll see specifics on the lower members of the offensive staff, Schefter reporting Getsy and all of his assistants have been let go

Justin interesting because Janocko was specifically mentioned.

Welp.  I think this is a bad decision, but who do we like as OC possibilities?  

If we keep Fields I think Roman as my top choice, or Patulo from PHI.  If we're drafting some poor bastard to be the latest QB on the list I'm less sure of which way to go.  Reich I guess? At least they should still have Bevell in the Rolodex AND that dude keeps being an interim head coach for late season firings so at least we'd have that?

19 minutes ago, anonymousGM said:

Not entirely his fault, but it needed to be done. It should be easier to attract quality play-callers with a more talented roster than 2 seasons ago

I wouldn't. Another 6 or 7 win year and he'll be fired along with Eberflus next January. They'll hire a retread as they normally do in this situation. You'd think they would've learned after the Fox and Nagy situations but nah

The expected move (he goes but Flus stays) but still feels like a half measure. Like I’ve been saying - if it’s a rookie QB moving forward we now need to extend Flus to make him not a lame duck coach. I don’t like that, but it’s maybe the only way to break the cycle we’re in since we won’t just fire everyone when we have a golden opportunity for a full reset to align everything and to get our pick of the litter in what looks to be a loaded HC pool this year.