Divisional Round: San Francisco 49ers vs Green Bay Packers

59 minutes ago, Chrissooner49er said:

It galls me that TO gets so much of the love with this play. He alligator armed so many passes in this game. He was really bad. Until this. What is forgotten is Greg Clark's contribution. He was our starting TE. He had 3 targets and 3 catches: 1 first down, 2 TDs! Without him, we likely lose. Dominant blocker and budding receiver who had to retire too soon (had at least 2 surgeries on his chronic hamstrings). Only lasted about 3 years. 

I really didn't like the TO that showed up after Jerry and Steve were gone. Diva!

Part of what makes the play great is how poorly he had played. Steve and the team having that faith in him still, TO getting to release those demons from the game. You can clearly see how much it meant to him. 

Oh, and it was just a hell of a catch

• Like 4

Watching the Mostert clips from the 2019 games and damn, that may have been one of the worst run defense performances I have ever seen. I mean, it's brutally a bad. A failure at every level. They got blown off the line and pushed around consistently, struggled to bring Mostert down at first contact and just some really bad missed tackles in general.  Took some of the most godawful angles trying to bring him down pretty consistently as well. 

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Forge said:

Watching the Mostert clips from the 2019 games and damn, that may have been one of the worst run defense performances I have ever seen. I mean, it's brutally a bad. A failure at every level. They got blown off the line and pushed around consistently, struggled to bring Mostert down at first contact and just some really bad missed tackles in general.  Took some of the most godawful angles trying to bring him down pretty consistently as well. 

While you're on the subject of Mostert & the 2019 NFC title game I think Kyle has to game plan just the same way by leaning heavily on the run in order to protect Brock the same way he was forced to protect Jimmy. The Niners defense on that day contained Rodgers & the Packers until the score was 27-0 until then the Packers offense woke up and cut the lead to 27-13. The more passes Brock has to throw then the less likely the Niners win this game.

1 hour ago, NFL Network said:

While you're on the subject of Mostert & the 2019 NFC title game I think Kyle has to game plan just the same way by leaning heavily on the run in order to protect Brock the same way he was forced to protect Jimmy. The Niners defense on that day contained Rodgers & the Packers until the score was 27-0 until then the Packers offense woke up and cut the lead to 27-13. The more passes Brock has to throw then the less likely the Niners win this game.

They ran the ball in the 2019 NFC championship because the Packers couldn't stop it, if you're winning and are getting 7.6 Y/C there's no reason to pass even if you have prime Brady throwing to prime Rice, Moss, and Gronk. Conversely it's obvious that if your QB is passing more you're less likely to win, that means you aren't running the ball as effectively and/or are playing from behind and are being forced to throw the ball more, that's true regardless of who your QB is

Edited by jonnguy2015
  • Like 3

Jordan Love has the 4th lowest sack rate in the league according to football reference. 6th lowest pressure to sack rate per pff (humorously tied with Brock). 

Pass rush is absolutely going to have it's work cut out for them. Need them to make a big play or two

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Forge said:

Jordan Love has the 4th lowest sack rate in the league according to football reference. 6th lowest pressure to sack rate per pff (humorously tied with Brock). 

Pass rush is absolutely going to have it's work cut out for them. Need them to make a big play or two

He doesn't try to step up in the pocket and instead will back up to buy time and he can afford to do that with his big arm. The Packers passing blocking OL is often times really good. The key will be to stop the run and the play action element. Then you can force some throws to get away from Love and have a chance at getting an INT or two. 

10 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

He doesn't try to step up in the pocket and instead will back up to buy time and he can afford to do that with his big arm. The Packers passing blocking OL is often times really good. The key will be to stop the run and the play action element. Then you can force some throws to get away from Love and have a chance at getting an INT or two. 

Nobody better at it than the niners lol. I'll take the ints over sacks 

16 minutes ago, Forge said:

Nobody better at it than the niners lol. I'll take the ints over sacks 

Nobody better than Love at not throwing INTs the last 9 weeks either though lol.

I feel good about the game. More and more people are starting to lean towards GB but we are really really really good coming off rest. 

This team knows what kind of opportunity it has and they have been very close for a while. Time to breakthrough finally. 

3 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Nobody better than Love at not throwing INTs the last 9 weeks either though lol.

I feel good about the game. More and more people are starting to lean towards GB but we are really really really good coming off rest. 

This team knows what kind of opportunity it has and they have been very close for a while. Time to breakthrough finally. 

If they lose it's going to be a crazy melt down

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Forge said:

If they lose it's going to be a crazy melt down

And well deserved lol. 

This team needs to get it done this season period. Or else you are just hoping for something that is likely to not happen. 

• Like 1

I am excited to watch these guys in the post season.  I feel good about the matchup, and with our offense against their defense.  Their offense has been playing well, but they haven't seen a team like this one.  Anything can happen in the playoffs,  but there is only one team that can beat the 49ers left in the playoffs.

Edited by Steve_DeBerg_Fan_420
  • Like 1