Off-Season 2024-"Peters" built

10 hours ago, lavar703 said:

Howell is going to be on this team next year. I have no clue why anyone thinks different? He's cheap and he's proven he can at least spot start in this league and that's what you want from your back up. 

I think it's likely he is, but I don't think it's set in stone. Someone misses out on an available QB? They might shoot their shot with Howell and see where it goes. 

7 hours ago, Slappy Mc said:

Russell Wilson to Pittsburgh. I apologize for cluttering any of the threads up with anything pertaining to him. Didn't even hear that we sniffed in his direction. Surprised to be honest.

I am not surprised, we’re drafting a rookie at #2

• Like 1

I’ve been thinking more about if we’d get Patrick Queen. In thinking it’s more likely that Queen goes to Seattle to play for McDonald, opening up the possibility for us to sign Jordyn Brooks but, I will say Brooks hasn’t played MLB, so that could be an issue 

8 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

That's unfortunate. 

He got burned a lot last year. Was still our best CB, but I understand him wanting to compete now rather than wait for a rebuild. 

Best of luck to him. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I really hope we don't do what we did when Rivera signed on and go after a bunch of Cowboys. I also really dislike the idea of letting Fuller walk because of a silly "timeline". Crazy things happen every year and we have no idea what kind of impact Daniels/Maye will have? If they end up having a Stroud-like affect and you let everyone walk because of some silly timeline then you're just hurting the team. 

Edited by lavar703
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

I really hope we don't do what we did when Rivera signed on and go after a bunch of Cowboys. I also really dislike the idea of letting Fuller walk because of a silly "timeline". Crazy things happen every year and we have no idea what kind of impact Daniels/Maye will have? If they end up having a Stroud-like affect and you let everyone walk because of some silly timeline then you're just hurting the team. 

My understanding is that Fuller is the one with the timeline issue. As in he doesn't view the team as competitive in "his window" of opportunity. I didn't get the impression that the organization was uninterested in resigning him, I think it's the other way around. 

Again, I can't fault him. This roster is garbage. 

• Like 1

JP Finlay

Adam Peters hasnt said much in this process but even w all the cap $$, I think he's telling the truth about not being big spenders. I can see OLine and maybe real $$ at edge. I think it's vets on short deals that make most sense. That cap space carries over to 2025 too

Adam Schefter 

Bengals franchise WR Tee Higgins has requested a trade, per sources. Higgins loves Cincinnati and hoped to be with the team long term, but is disappointed that the team has not had any talks about a long-term contract extension since March 2023. He’s ready to move on to a new home.

ML Football 

REPORT: The #Bengals are interested in signing standout cornerback Kendall Fuller in free agency today, per @TheAthletic. 

Fuller, a Super Bowl Champion would be a very good fit for the Cincy DB room.

Just now, ARTMONK HOF said:

ML Football 

REPORT: The #Bengals are interested in signing standout cornerback Kendall Fuller in free agency today, per @TheAthletic. 

Fuller, a Super Bowl Champion would be a very good fit for the Cincy DB room.

I think they will have mutual interest. I could also see KC bringing him back.

14 minutes ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

JP Finlay

Adam Peters hasnt said much in this process but even w all the cap $$, I think he's telling the truth about not being big spenders. I can see OLine and maybe real $$ at edge. I think it's vets on short deals that make most sense. That cap space carries over to 2025 too

Please god don't just do the Rivera thing. Please! I am so over the mid-tier scrubs we over pay that help us get to 8 wins. 

Just now, lavar703 said:

Please god don't just do the Rivera thing. Please! I am so over the mid-tier scrubs we over pay that help us get to 8 wins. 

Good teams don't build through free agency. 

• Like 1