Off-Season 2024-"Peters" built

Guys - this owner is cash strapped after spending $6B, and the front office has told us they build through the draft. They are not dropping $300M in escrow for large guaranteed contracts. Just something we have to live with....

Just now, Troublez said:

Guys - this owner is cash strapped after spending $6B, and the front office has told us they build through the draft. They are not dropping $300M in escrow for large guaranteed contracts. Just something we have to live with....

The collective of this group is worth close to $100B. This is not even a remotely viable excuse. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Troublez said:

The amount that was paid for the franchise has nothing to do with the teams available salary. 

4 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

This is not going as I expected. I thought TWO Big time signings . and then some good value players. I'm not real happy so far-- it does sound too much like R R 2 point oh sh+t

Free Agency literally hasn't even started, this is just the legal tampering period. 

Lots of "Big Time" signings could still happen.

5 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

The collective of this group is worth close to $100B. This is not even a remotely viable excuse. 

Lol - ownership groups that are assembled in a partnership or JVV fashion include unfunded obligations that are already part of their basis, but it sunsets over a specific horizon. Josh Harris isn't going to let others contribute basis that dilutes his majority ownership. 

In short, it doesn't matter what their net worth is....

5 minutes ago, Troublez said:

Lol - ownership groups that are assembled in a partnership or JVV fashion include unfunded obligations that are already part of their basis, but it sunsets over a specific horizon. Josh Harris isn't going to let others contribute basis that dilutes his majority ownership. 

https://www.statista.com/statistics/195304/revenue-of-the-washington-redskins-since-2006/#:~:text=Revenue of the Washington Commanders (NFL) 2001-2022&text=In the 2022 season%2C the,totaled 545 million U.S. dollars.

A Google search did not yield me the results I wanted, but the year prior to this past season the revenue was 545 Million. With the influx of fans and sellouts that happened this year, it's hard to imagine that number isn't going to be going up significantly, but even assuming it's not there is significant capital that can be allocated to paying "high priced" free agents this year. 

Edited by Slappy Mc

6 minutes ago, Troublez said:

So the idea is Josh Harris is broke and can't afford free agents...and you genuinely believe this?

Having money to spend doesn't mean you should want to overpay people just because. I think alot of these deals are overpayments generally. (Example: I think Barkley isn't worth what he got)

I think he is cash strapped and would rather not put $300-400M in escrow for Guaranteed contracts. Yes, I believe this.... and that's why I don't think we will see any free agents that command large guaranteed monies...

1 minute ago, TOUCAN said:

Having money to spend doesn't mean you should want to overpay people just because. I think alot of these deals are overpayments generally. (Example: I think Barkley isn't worth what he got)

I don't think anyone here is advocating to overpay. I personally would still throw cash at Danielle Hunter, Patrick Queen, Tyron Smith and Stephon Gilmore. Then you roll into the draft, get your QBotF and fill the rest of the roster spots with BPA.

5 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

So the idea is Josh Harris is broke and can't afford free agents...and you genuinely believe this?

Yes. Do you know what leveraged commercial lending rates are? Harris borrowed in excess of 1.0B for the purchase.... he is literally paying $100M a year in interest. Trust me.....  these guys cash flows are tight, especially this year...

Tom Pelissero 

The #Packers are releasing star RB Aaron Jones, per sources.

A three-time 1,000-yard rusher, Jones missed time with injuries last season and was due $12 million in 2024. Instead he hits the market at age 29.