2024 offseason, a lot of work to do.

8 hours ago, Danger said:

Talk about boring. And the guy wouldn't contribute much for 2-3 years

Give me a player that can contribute now

I agree. Give me almost any other position. Stoutland is the 🐐. He can do wonders with mid round guys imo. Let him earn his checks. We need help and immediate help at different spots. I believe in Jurgens and Steen has another off season with Stout. Plus we added Hennessy. 

Let me be clear I want an edge, corner or WR

But I’m not sure everyone should be so sure that an OL pick wouldn’t contribute right away. I think they’re high on steen but there’s no way of knowing how they actually feel about him.

theres a chance a first round OLman starts day 1 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, CasperX22 said:

In what universe was Opeta more valuable than Driscoll? Like it or not Driscoll was a solid reserve that could fill in at 3 different spots.  

Right now its:

Mailata-Dickerson-Jurgens-Steen-Johnson

Johnson - Hennessey and a bunch of scrubs

Just too much circumstantial evidence to not think the Eagles draft Lanes eventual replacement with the idea of him starting at RG for a couple years.

Opeta was better at guard than Driscoll was at tackle or guard.
Yeah, Driscoll played both, but that is how Stoutland's system works.
He wants a LT/LG and a RT/RG reserve.
The sides are more important than the position.
This is why I think you'll see Fred Johnson on the left and Tyler Steen on the right.
Hennessy is insurance against them having to start Steen at RG.
He is not, however, the answer at RG, well not permanently.

There are a bunch of guys who could be G-to-T players.
There also exists the possibility that the Eagles nab a guy slated to start at RG on the first two days and L. Johnson's replacement late.
Guys like Powers-Johnson, Barton, Beebe, and Haynes could start by season's end or sooner.
Then they wind up with a PS trainee at RT like Sundell, Driskell, Ezirim or Dankwah.
It all depends on who they think they can elevate.
And even if nobody works out there, they don't have to have L. Johnson's replacement day one 2024.
They could use a 1 or a 2 next year.

Edited by babyatemydingo

7 hours ago, Jeezla said:

Oh we're definitely taking an OL, no later than round 2, but I don't think taking one in round 1 is a certainty, especially since Guyton is really the only Round 1 OL we've been linked to.

We also had a formal interview with Christian Haynes at the senior bowl. Seems like we're zeroing in on OG's for the most part, and round 2 is the OG sweet spot.

I agree.

However, I can see a scenario where the top non-linemen the Eagles want are gone at 22 and it forces them into drafting that position.
A lot can happen between 1 and 22.
Let's say five O-linemen, four WR's, four QB's, four D-linemen (including edge), three DB's and one TE go ahead of 22.

Then the Eagles are probably forced into a BPA situation on the OL.
So, it is not the only possible option, but it is a possibility.

3 hours ago, EagleBlueDon said:

I think DeJean has the best shot of being there at 22. If I had to wager, I'd bet that he is. I don't think Quinyon or Arnold have any shot. Like 0%. Wiggins, I give a 30% chance of being there. If DeJean is there I'd really hope he'd be the pick. He feels can't-miss due to his versatility and projection. Obviously you start him at outside CB initially. But you can't tell me that dude wouldn't be a menace at safety. If Reed can be a solid safety, then DeJean should be a real deal pro bowler.

The thing I like about DeJean is that I believe he could be a really productive safety.

I am also fixated on the CooperCooperCooper thing.

22 hours ago, babyatemydingo said:

A 2024 3rd and a conditional 2025 4th from AZ.
Dizone.

Supposedly that exact value is being reported or close to it being offered from Atlanta for Reddick.   Jben who has nailed like 90% of our moves before we even made them this offseason reported we were big time in on Reddick and already offered.  But at that point in time the Eagles wanted possibly a 1st.   I like me some reddick but im not sure i could pull the trigger on a 1st for a 30 yr old edge guy lol.    But if they settle for what you wanted and what we supposedly offered in a 3rd this year 4th next year im all for it.

1 minute ago, FalconFan13 said:

Supposedly that exact value is being reported or close to it being offered from Atlanta for Reddick.   Jben who has nailed like 90% of our moves before we even made them this offseason reported we were big time in on Reddick and already offered.  But at that point in time the Eagles wanted possibly a 1st.   I like me some reddick but im not sure i could pull the trigger on a 1st for a 30 yr old edge guy lol.    But if they settle for what you wanted and what we supposedly offered in a 3rd this year 4th next year im all for it.

That's funny.
While I have absolutely no talent at many things like evaluating LB's, I tend to approximate player trade values pretty well.
I'd hope for a 2024 3rd and a 2025 3rd on the higher side.
However, I could see the Eagles getting a little less or a little more.
I usually err on the conservative side.

Man, I hope we get a 1st or 2nd.
But, that just comes down to negotiations.  Go Howie!
I could see this being a convoluted trade with any high yield being tied to other metrics.

Feel free to chime in and say nice thing about me any time you wish.  LOL
Also, your civility and information is appreciated.
We get a lot of turd posts from outside the forum as I suppose you do, too.

17 minutes ago, babyatemydingo said:

That's funny.
While I have absolutely no talent at many things like evaluating LB's, I tend to approximate player trade values pretty well.
I'd hope for a 2024 3rd and a 2025 3rd on the higher side.
However, I could see the Eagles getting a little less or a little more.
I usually err on the conservative side.

Man, I hope we get a 1st or 2nd.
But, that just comes down to negotiations.  Go Howie!
I could see this being a convoluted trade with any high yield being tied to other metrics.

Feel free to chime in and say nice thing about me any time you wish.  LOL
Also, your civility and information is appreciated.
We get a lot of turd posts from outside the forum as I suppose you do, too.

Sadly the Falcons forum is so dead at this point we don't even get visitors nor do we visit ourselves lol.   But in general and mockdraft section i pretty much live there and post alot.   Most people that know me from there know i am usually quite respectful even if i don't agree with what they say sometimes.  Lord knows me and Jeezla or mccoy have had enough  debates over the years lol.     I can get a little argumentative in the mock section about certain position or players i don't like at times but i think we all do that.  Even then i'll usually admit that none of us ever know fully what the teams will do and their ideas or picks are still possible even though i would very much hate them come draft day.

I'll randomly pop up in other teams forums if we are in talks for their players or if they got one of ours just to gauge what the teams think of them.  Which i forgot yall got hennessey until i slid over here a bit ago.   Quite liked him as a Center for us and think he can still be a mid tier starter when healthy and a good player to have on your team.  So thats a descent pickup for yall from the Falcons.

Needless to say though i have probably made more people i enjoy debating with or talking to on the eagles group than most other groups on here over the years so i always appreciate you guys.  

Edited by FalconFan13

2 minutes ago, Eagles $5$ said:

Am I the only one here that doesn't want Cooper DeJean at 22?

I think he is a Safety in NFL and I rather go after one of the top CB, if they aren't available go O-Line.

I want him because he is a safety.
I have always been a fan of taking CB who transition to safety.
A lot of college safeties are there because of coverage deficiencies.
They only cover TE's and need to face the action and react on WR's.
And while I am a fan of the OL's I can see him being a game changer.

37 minutes ago, babyatemydingo said:

I want him because he is a safety.
I have always been a fan of taking CB who transition to safety.
A lot of college safeties are there because of coverage deficiencies.
They only cover TE's and need to face the action and react on WR's.
And while I am a fan of the OL's I can see him being a game changer.

I guess it all depends on what they value him as and how he fits in the scheme. If you want and good safety, who can be a nickel CB, and can cover crossing routes and TE's, yeah you go with him. But I don't think he has the physicality to hold up as a box safety or hybrid LB. And I don't think teams should pick him hoping he can play outside CB, because he will struggle there in the NFL. I think he is a type of player who has to go to the right scheme.

35 minutes ago, Eagles $5$ said:

I guess it all depends on what they value him as and how he fits in the scheme. If you want and good safety, who can be a nickel CB, and can cover crossing routes and TE's, yeah you go with him. But I don't think he has the physicality to hold up as a box safety or hybrid LB. And I don't think teams should pick him hoping he can play outside CB, because he will struggle there in the NFL. I think he is a type of player who has to go to the right scheme.

Could disagree more. The kid can literally play anywhere.  His football IQ or ball recognition is absurd. Inside, outside, doesn't matter. 

Add the fact he's a hell of a PR as well, I'm all in on the kid. No way Vic Fangio of all people couldn't find a spot, role or Starting position for him, on this defense.  

Edited by Nabbs4u

24 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Could disagree more. The kid can literally play anywhere.  His football IQ or ball recognition is absurd. Inside, outside, doesn't matter. 

Add the fact he's a hell of a PR as well, I'm all in on the kid. No way Vic Fangio of all people couldn't find a spot, role or Starting position for him, on this defense.  

If he was one of the elite CB that can play outside, why are they trying to make him into a safety or something else. You don't see the other top CB prospect being labeled "Versatile". You get labeled that when you can play multiple position to a certain extant, but not at elite level. Sauce Gardner isn't going to be coming out as an "Swiss Army Knife" prospect... He is a shut down CB and that where he is going to play day 1. I don't see Cooper as that type of CB and that were we disagree I guess. 

I see DeJean like Winfield Jr. Top Safety, blitzer, slot CB...he handle all of that.

Edited by Eagles $5$

3 hours ago, Eagles $5$ said:

If he was one of the elite CB that can play outside, why are they trying to make him into a safety or something else. You don't see the other top CB prospect being labeled "Versatile".

Simple answer and probably not the one people openly want to admit, He's White!

It's been 22 years (2001) since a "White CB" was the full time primary starter in the NFL (Jason Seymour). I mean he must be to slow right? Not as athletic as the others in this draft class? Therefore playing "Safety" must be the better more natural fit, right?

Never mind what is clearly on tape nor the production? It's kinda the same thing the masses said about Christian McCaffrey coming into the NFL as well. Unfortunate  but happens. 🤷‍♂️

https://nypost.com/2024/02/29/sports/history-prompts-debate-over-cooper-dejeans-position-ahead-of-nfl-draft/

Edited by Nabbs4u

6 hours ago, Eagles $5$ said:

You mentioned scheme fit, well he's pretty much a perfect scheme fit for what the Eagles want to do and could fit at potentially 3 different positions.  I feel like the Eagles are going to value his versatility.