2024 offseason, a lot of work to do.

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, UndyTaker said:

He didnt have AJ Brown and/or Saquon his first year with Shane Steichen. Hurts better play amazing this year.

He had more than CJ Stroud had last year. And yeah, he better, although it's not like he's going anywhere anytime soon if he doesn't. If Hurts ends up being the 15th best QB this year, he's still our QB in 2025/2026.

Edited by Jeezla

2 hours ago, Broadway Joe said:

I want to see progress, I'm concerned about his post snap game. 

His pocket awareness is inexcusable for a franchise QB. 

His pocket awareness last year was legitimately some of the worst I've ever seen from an Eagles QB. That and his decision making. Absolutely maddening at times.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Broadway Joe said:

You can bet anything that if he doesn't we will see in this very forum people say "it was his first year in the system" and bring back how he's never had the same OC for two seasons except once. 

I'm sure if he plays well even on par with the 2022 season. People in this very forum will yet again  say, it's only because of his supporting cast. Any QB could do what he's doing with these players. 

Let's hope he's healthy in 2024 to find out one way or another.

Edited by Nabbs4u

1 hour ago, Nabbs4u said:

I'm sure if he plays well even on par with the 2022 season. People in this very forum will yet again  say, it's only because of his supporting cast. Any QB could do what he's doing with these players. 

Let's hope he's healthy in 2024 to find out one way or another.

It is easy to name 15 QB’s who would be as good or better than Hurts with these weapons, and especially this offensive line.

I mean, it wouldn’t be fair if Allen or Herbert has this team on offense.

48 minutes ago, downundermike said:

It is easy to name 15 QB’s who would be as good or better than Hurts with these weapons, and especially this offensive line.

I mean, it wouldn’t be fair if Allen or Herbert has this team on offense.

I'd ask for the 15, but honestly don't care. 

He better resemble something close to or better than the 2022 version.  There's no excuses for Hurts anymore.  He's getting paid a boatload of money to be the guy and he's got elite weapon around him and a top 5 offensive line.  Other QB'a once they get paid don't typically get this level of support to succeed.  

13 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

I'd ask for the 15, but honestly don't care. 

Better than Hurts

Mahomes, Allen, Herbert, Jackson, Burrow, Stafford, Rodgers, Stroud, Lawrence

At least as good as Hurts

Purdy, Tua, Cousins, Goff, Mayfield, Carr, Prescott, 

1 hour ago, downundermike said:

Better than Hurts

Lawrence isn't better than Hurts

• Like 1

2 hours ago, downundermike said:

Better than Hurts

Purdy, Tua, Cousins, Goff, Mayfield, Carr, Prescott

Herbert, Stafford and Rodgers are as good as, but two of them are in their twilight.

Stroud remains to be seen.

Lawrence, Tua and Carr are not.

How is it that Hurts spent the second half of last season throwing off his back foot because the OC couldn't find a way to pick up a blitz with one of the best OL's in football and now he's not even in the second tier of QB's?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, downundermike said:

Better than Hurts

Figured this list would be comical.  Danger and Dingo already answered most. 

So at best that would put Hurts as the 10th best QB in there league.  Carr is a hard no.  Purdy, Cousins, Goff, Lawrence, and Tua are arguably in the same or similar tier.  Mayfield is a no also.

Love was missed from this list and he's at least in Hurts tier.  I'd put him above.  He's shown more as a passer than Hurts ever has. 

The rookies are unknowns at this time.

By my estimation Hurts is the 12th best QB in the league which is close to NFL purgatory.

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, CasperX22 said:

By my estimation Hurts is the 12th best QB in the league which is close to NFL purgatory.

Based off last seasons play correct? How many of those 11 were in the running for League MVP in the past 5 years? Were not only in position to be SB MVP but easily would of won it with a victory in the past 5 years?

It's funny how 1 season is being completely discarded for Hurts (2022) as an aberration, but 1 great season for other QB's (Stroud/Love/Goff/Murray) seems to count, why?

Why is Jalen playing injured for the majority of 2023 so easily dismissed as that's just the norm for Hurts, 2022 must of been the fluk?

Would those same other 11 QB's play have not suffered, numbers not dipped had they too chose to play injured for 3 months?

How many of those 11 played for a OC incapable,  literally incapable of schematically stopping a blitz for 2 months?

Here's hoping for a healthy Jalen Hurts in 2024 with this offense intact all 17+ weeks. If that occurs, I am not worried one bit where he falls on people's lists because by seasons end he will be in MVP conversations again. 

Only health can derail this locomotive, what's been brought in from players to coaching. Guess we'll see.

Edited by Nabbs4u

So here we are June 2nd, no word yet about Bradberry? Does this seem typical if they were going to June 1st designate him or is Howie planning on holding onto him until the last possible second in hopes of a trade? 

5 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

Based off last seasons play correct? How many of those 11 were in the running for League MVP in the past 5 years? Were not only in position to be SB MVP but easily would of won it with a victory in the past 5 years?

It's funny how 1 season is being completely discarded for Hurts (2022) as an aberration, but 1 great season for other QB's (Stroud/Love/Goff/Murray) seems to count, why?

Why is Jalen playing injured for the majority of 2023 so easily dismissed as that's just the norm for Hurts, 2022 must of been the fluk?

Would those same other 11 QB's play have not suffered, numbers not dipped had they too chose to play injured for 3 months?

How many of those 11 played for a OC incapable,  literally incapable of schematically stopping a blitz for 2 months?

Here's hoping for a healthy Jalen Hurts in 2024 with this offense intact all 17+ weeks. If that occurs, I am not worried one bit where he falls on people's lists because by seasons end he will be in MVP conversations again. 

Only health can derail this locomotive, what's been brought in from players to coaching. Guess we'll see.

I am once again reminding you that there some eagles fans who will complain no matter what.

While simultaneously reminding you that there are also some that make excuses for anything.