2024 offseason, a lot of work to do.

On 5/31/2024 at 5:50 PM, Nabbs4u said:

I'm sure if he plays well even on par with the 2022 season. People in this very forum will yet again  say, it's only because of his supporting cast. Any QB could do what he's doing with these players. 

Let's hope he's healthy in 2024 to find out one way or another.

If he's good and people say it is his supporting cast, I can live with that. I rather have a guy that you have to argue why he's not good producing good results, than arguing for a guy that is not getting it done and making excuses for him in his second contract. 

If he's not healthy we will find out too. Injury is not an excuse nor a "get out of jail free" card. Especially in his case in which he seems to be injured every year. 

1 hour ago, Broadway Joe said:

If he's not healthy we will find out too. Injury is not an excuse nor a "get out of jail free" card. Especially in his case in which he seems to be injured every year. 

Well that's the inherent risk and in most cases the end results with most dual threat QB. Was for Vick, was for Cam, is for Murray, is for Lamar, is for Hurts. 

Maybe instead of playing 18 games last season (12) clearly hobbled since the Jets game, He and the Eagles would of been better off having (Minicus, MCL??? surgery) sitting out, allow Mariota to start and getting a top 5-10 pick. 

Shame on him for trying to gut it out on a 10-1 start, hoping it would get better, be manageable after a SB loss just the year before. 

I'm sure no one would of hated on him going into the 2024 season had he chosen that route instead? 🤔 

3 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Well that's the inherent risk and in most cases the end results with most dual threat QB. Was for Vick, was for Cam, is for Murray, is for Lamar, is for Hurts. 

Maybe instead of playing 18 games last season (12) clearly hobbled since the Jets game, He and the Eagles would of been better off having (Minicus, MCL??? surgery) sitting out, allow Mariota to start and getting a top 5-10 pick. 

Shame on him for trying to gut it out on a 10-1 start, hoping it would get better, be manageable after a SB loss just the year before. 

I'm sure no one would of hated on him going into the 2024 season had he chosen that route instead? 🤔 

That is one big jump you took here. No one or at least not me is hating on him for playing through injury, it's something we should expect from our QBs. 

At the end of the day, you have to be available and having an injury every year is not a good thing, in year five we can't say "but he was injured or if only he was healthy".

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Broadway Joe said:

That is one big jump you took here. No one or at least not me is hating on him for playing through injury, it's something we should expect from our QBs. 

At the end of the day, you have to be available and having an injury every year is not a good thing, in year five we can't say "but he was injured or if only he was healthy".

I agree. Every QB I listed above I guess even including Murray "when healthy" was or is special. 

However every single one also dealt with or was considered "injury prone". Even the 2x League MVP Lamar has been given that moniker. 

It's not about making excuses. It's not about giving him a "get out of jail free card". It's an actual fact. Health matters.

What bothers me is everyone pointing out how poorly or different his play was last year compared to 2022 MVP campaign yet easily dismiss the injury athe major factor as to why? Take the Shane Stiechen factor away.

It was obvious from week 6 on Jalen was injured. Not mobile, not running, hesitant in the pocket,  probably scared to take off, effecting his ability to process properly. All major factors to his overall game. 

So his numbers should of plummeted.  Our offensive production should  of been effected. Add the Brian Johnson factor, 2023 was basically the Perfect Storm of Ineptitude. 

Hopefully Moore helps 

Hopefully Jalen is fully healthy 

Hopefully he stays healthy. 

If he does I'm truly not concerned.

Edited by Nabbs4u
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

I agree. Every QB I listed above I guess even including Murray "when healthy" was or is special. 

However every single one also dealt with or was considered "injury prone". Even the 2x League MVP Lamar has been given that moniker. 

It's not about making excuses. It's not giving him a "get out of jail free card". It's an actual fact. Health matters.

What bothers me is everyone pointing out how poorly or different his play was last year compared to 2022 MVP campaign yet easily dismiss the injury athe major factor as to why? Take the Shane Stiechen factor away.

It was obvious from week 6 on Jalen was injured. Not mobile, not running, hesitant in the pocket,  probably scared to take off, effecting his ability to process properly. All major factors to his overall game. 

So his numbers should of plummeted.  Our offensive production should  of been effected. Add the Brian Johnson factor, 2023 was basically the Perfect Storm of Ineptitude. 

Hopefully Moore helps 

Hopefully Jalen is fully healthy 

Hopefully he stays healthy. 

If he does I'm truly not concerned.

Never been a Murray fan even when healthy. But that is a discussion for another topic. 

The thing is with some of those guys is that they've had more than one "special" season. And here we are again, as Eagles fans, with lots of unknows about our FQB into his second contract. And there's two things, Jalen has had injuries every year since becoming the starter and that is a major concern or he was healthy and took a big step back. Neither of the two is good for him or us.

So if Jalen isn't fully healthy again it, we can stop with the "well he was injured" because that will tell us the player he is. That'd mean we can't count on him and availability is the best availability specially. Since he has a lot of room for improvement as a passer and his development will be affected. 

Think we can all agree this is a massive year for Jalen. He has to stay healthy and he has to play at an extremely high level. If not then Howie should begin to make plans to start looking for our next franchise QB.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ninjapirate said:

Really drafted a corner in the first and second for the guy we took with our third a year early to be better lol

Ninja six months ago: Kelee Ringo is a bust

bro just chill out, this is how the nfl works, it's not even their first official training camp yet 

• Like 1

While I'm encouraged with all of the DB hype in OTA's. Can we please temper the excitement while running around in underwear?

Those overreacting to these reports because Mitchell and or Cooper aren't showing out, truly need to relax!. Like seriously!

Also likely that Fangio is just putting everyone in various situations and trying to figure out how he thinks they'll best be used. He's not necessarily going to be putting everyone in their comfort zone to stand out at minicamp.

Seems entirely like his MO