2024 offseason, a lot of work to do.

Just now, Danger said:

Hunter is more of a 4-3 guy, and we're going to be in a primarily 3-4 look this year. I'm good.

Hunter is a pass rushing beast, I don't think lining up at OLB is gonna hurt his sack production. If you can give Lane Johnson fits, I want you.

Edited by Jeezla

9 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

Reddick is 2 years older than Sweat, so I don't think we'll get the same compensation Sweat got. Early 3rd sounds right.

Would love to basically swap Reddick for Danielle Hunter.

2 years older with significantly more production. Sweat didn't have more than 10 sacks until this year. Reddick has done that 4 years in a row. If we are getting a 3rd round value for him I would rather just keep him.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

2 years older with significantly more production. Sweat didn't have more than 10 sacks until this year. Reddick has done that 4 years in a row. If we are getting a 3rd round value for him I would rather just keep him.

Reddick gets more sacks, but a lot of those sacks come against TE's. Sweat mostly gets his against OT's, and set the edge consistently in the run game. Reddick is basically Jason Babin (but better vs the run). You have to scheme his sacks. Sweat is a set it and forget it edge.

Edited by Jeezla

5 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

Reddick gets more sacks, but a lot of those sacks come against TE's. Sweat mostly gets his against OT's, and set the edge consistently in the run game.

Yeah sorry I am not buying that lol. Reddick has been a top tier edge rusher the past 4 years. Sweat has been a good one but his best year by far was this year and he was surrounded by a ton of talent his whole time in Washington. Yeah, Sweat is a more balanced player... but Reddick is better at getting to the QB. He isn't elite and he isn't going to fit every single scheme, but he is a legit impact pass rusher.

The Eagles get much worse trading him. The compensation needs to match up. I am fine moving on from him if that is the case.

9 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

Yeah sorry I am not buying that lol. Reddick has been a top tier edge rusher the past 4 years. Sweat has been a good one but his best year by far was this year and he was surrounded by a ton of talent his whole time in Washington. Yeah, Sweat is a more balanced player... but Reddick is better at getting to the QB. He isn't elite and he isn't going to fit every single scheme, but he is a legit impact pass rusher.

The Eagles get much worse trading him. The compensation needs to match up. I am fine moving on from him if that is the case.

You don't have to buy it, just don't be shocked if Reddick doesn't get the same comp that Sweat got.

2 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

You don't have to buy it, just don't be shocked if Reddick doesn't get the same comp that Sweat got.

I think the most likely outcome is Reddick is an Eagle this season with a bump in pay and he walks in 2025. Still get a comp pick that way and don't create an immediate hole on a team that should be competitive this year.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

I think the most likely outcome is Reddick is an Eagle this season with a bump in pay and he walks in 2025. Still get a comp pick that way and don't create an immediate hole on a team that should be competitive this year.

I think this would be ideal. Gives us another year to figure out his replacement plan. Another year of eyes on Nolan Smith. A year to see what Fangio needs exactly.

On 2/11/2024 at 1:31 PM, CasperX22 said:

I feel like I'd someone offers a 2nd you take it.  Josh Sweat too.  Something has to give.

Again, a 2nd and I think there's a deal.  I don't see the need to dump Reddick for a 3rd when there's a good chance you get a 3rd Rd comp pick by letting him play it out and walk.  Eagles could use a bit of a youth movement at some key positions.

1 hour ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

This is a very likely scenario. Also he could be extended and Howie is using Reddick's agent talking to other teams so he can figure out the market. What other teams are willing to pay Reddick is the most important part of these trade talks. If Howie will match what other teams are offering or if Reddick realizes that he is still undervalued around the league. Either way I think he will most likely be playing for the Eagles next year because if theres a team willing to pay Reddick more than what the Eagles are willing, Howie is still probably setting the bar high and looking for multiple draft picks.

The Issue is Reddick is 21 million against the cap, Any Contract will most likely cost us 25 Million a Year. Cutting/Trading Saves 20 Million in Cap Space. 
The likelihood of him playing on his current deal is slim to none, and Philly Knows that. 
Trade him for a 2nd / 3rd or player and be done with it. 

10 minutes ago, IrishHooligan00 said:

The Issue is Reddick is 21 million against the cap, Any Contract will most likely cost us 25 Million a Year. Cutting/Trading Saves 20 Million in Cap Space. 
The likelihood of him playing on his current deal is slim to none, and Philly Knows that. 
Trade him for a 2nd / 3rd or player and be done with it. 

Trading does not save 20 million in cap.  It would be 14.7 million saved as a June 1 release/trade, and 20 million dead pre 06/01 release/trade.