2024 offseason, a lot of work to do.

1 hour ago, Broadway Joe said:

It’s pretty much on the same vein that if you’re critical of the Eagles you hate them and/or are toxic. There’s a lot of things that are both very wrong and very right with our team. Both of them for a long time we should be able to call both without the need of sh*t hitting the fan. No need for labels of “the haters” or “the homers”. I’m obviously including myself in this.

Being critical and doing whatever you’re trying to do are on very different ends of spectrum. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Broadway Joe said:

It’s pretty much on the same vein that if you’re critical of the Eagles you hate them and/or are toxic. There’s a lot of things that are both very wrong and very right with our team. Both of them for a long time we should be able to call both without the need of sh*t hitting the fan. No need for labels of “the haters” or “the homers”. I’m obviously including myself in this.

Agree on the pendulum swinging both ways.

Being critical of the team and people are two separate things. Especially the more targeted it gets outside of just labeling someone a hater or a homer.

Its not like we’ve always all drank the same koolaid here…

• Like 1

9 hours ago, 4for4PhillyFan said:

Ironic 

Asking people if they hate the eagles and stuff like that isn't a keyboard warrior. Nice try though. Attacking people's character and attacking the same people over and over .. huge differences. Not shocked you can't see that. 

Like I've said numerous times. Move on. I've apologized in the past. Others have apologized also. Yet that one group and now Joe are still going on and on what feels like a year. 

Guilty conscience much because my original post had nothing to do with you so I thought originally. I thought you changed but obviously was flat out wrong

12 hours ago, EaglesFlySBChampsHigh said:

Yeah it's very unfortunate. Love how if you're not grumpy and hate the eagles then you're clueless and blind Homer. It's quite silly. These are supposed grown men too... 😂.

There is room for both sides of the discussion.  The Eagles collapsed, and there needs to be changes to fix that.  Pointing out the flaws of the team is not "HATE".  We want them to be better.

Did the last 7 weeks of the season make you happy?  I know I was mad, and I also saw the writing on the wall leading up to the collapse.

You were one of the guys touting Howie's "perfect" off season.  If it was perfect, we would not have been fallen apart to close the season, and then get bounced in embarrassing fashion by Baker Mayfield.

I have said this 100X and I will say it again.

"This is a place for Eagles fans to discuss the team, especially the flaws.  I am not having these discussions with fans of other teams"

• Like 3

1 hour ago, EaglesFlySBChampsHigh said:

Asking people if they hate the eagles and stuff like that isn't a keyboard warrior. Nice try though. Attacking people's character and attacking the same people over and over .. huge differences. Not shocked you can't see that. 

Like I've said numerous times. Move on. I've apologized in the past. Others have apologized also. Yet that one group and now Joe are still going on and on what feels like a year. 

Guilty conscience much because my original post had nothing to do with you so I thought originally. I thought you changed but obviously was flat out wrong

Yeah, you just took a random personal shot (keyboard warriors) to nobody in particular right after a post of mine.  

People are allowed to express their concerns, especially since there is legitimate issues with the team.  Questioning a strangers fandom because they want better for the team and then taking personal shots is rather immature.  Guilty conscience.  LOL

18 minutes ago, downundermike said:

There is room for both sides of the discussion.  The Eagles collapsed, and there needs to be changes to fix that.  Pointing out the flaws of the team is not "HATE".  We want them to be better.

Did the last 7 weeks of the season make you happy?  I know I was mad, and I also saw the writing on the wall leading up to the collapse.

You were one of the guys touting Howie's "perfect" off season.  If it was perfect, we would not have been fallen apart to close the season, and then get bounced in embarrassing fashion by Baker Mayfield.

"This is a place for Eagles fans to discuss the team, especially the flaws.  I am not having these discussions with fans of other teams"

It’s like having a child or family member who is messed up and no one wants to address it out of fear of being negative or hurting feelings.  When in reality, addressing it is what you should do out of love.  Because you want better.  

41 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Never said otherwise. There's a difference in talking about issues with the team and attacking individuals. Why does this keep going over the head. 

I wanted Nick fired and voiced it. I wanted changes to the entire staff outside of stout. 

You love to pound your chest on look at me i was right stuff. All these discussions mostly are 50/50. You're either right or wrong. 

Lastly Howie doesn't play on the field. Howie doesn't coach up the players. To keep bashing him for stuff out of his control is kinda crazy imo. Did he whiff on some players sure. Gotta swing to miss or hit the home run. Rather my GM be aggressive and at least try instead of doing nothing. 

28 minutes ago, 4for4PhillyFan said:

Yeah, you just took a random personal shot (keyboard warriors) to nobody in particular right after a post of mine.  

People are allowed to express their concerns, especially since there is legitimate issues with the team.  Questioning a strangers fandom because they want better for the team and then taking personal shots is rather immature.  Guilty conscience.  LOL

It's not a personal shot. It's what's happening. Take out the attacks and things would be going different. 

Attacking people behind a keyboard is lame

I stepped away for a good month and all the attacks still have been going on and on. I'm not the problem but you can keep trying.

The attacks just went from going to me to others

27 minutes ago, 4for4PhillyFan said:

Hey @downundermike   You see our boy Gio is up and walking around at the Combine.  I think he’ll get a lot of publicity this year.  

I have not, been a busy work week.  Will be catching up on all things combine the next couple days.

I was just reading about Ray Davis, RB Kentucky on The Athletic.  Powerful stuff if you have a subscription.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Kiltman said:

Agree on the pendulum swinging both ways.

Being critical of the team and people are two separate things. Especially the more targeted it gets outside of just labeling someone a hater or a homer.

Its not like we’ve always all drank the same koolaid here…

I agree that is not always the same, it's more like what is going on at the moment. That's what I meant of not needing sh*t to hit the fan to be critical. Like everyone here wanted Howie gone in 2020 but now is the golden child of this forum, when in reality the same flaws are still there. But I do take problem with saying this forum is ruined when we have more polarizing opinions, not saying I agree with all of them, but this place is more alive than it has been in years. 

• Like 3