2024 offseason, a lot of work to do.

5 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

That's kinda what you do when your D is the worst in the league over the 2nd half of the season.
We need a hard reset.

I don’t think a hard reset at edge is the move though. I think ideally you trade reddick, replace him with burns, Allen, or at minimum huff

now you’re younger there to match with Carter, Davis, Williams so hopefully they can develop together

There needs to be changes for sure. I just don’t know edge is the way to clear the cupboard

1 minute ago, ninjapirate said:

Slander to show why we would trade them has begun.

There’s been a ton of chatter that Reddick wasn’t even talking to desai which is one of the reasons he was fired.

i will say this is definitely pre trade propaganda 

I still doubt they trade both but it’s clear a clean house is coming on defense. I really do believe they’ll make some sort of trade to soften the blow.

or maybe they’ll sign chase young to fix the effort and discipline of the defensive line lol

Just now, Last Stand said:

There’s been a ton of chatter that Reddick wasn’t even talking to desai which is one of the reasons he was fired.

i will say this is definitely pre trade propaganda 

I still doubt they trade both but it’s clear a clean house is coming on defense. I really do believe they’ll make some sort of trade to soften the blow.

or maybe they’ll sign chase young to fix the effort and discipline of the defensive line lol

Sounds like they are all in on Bryce Huff. 

14 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

That's kinda what you do when your D is the worst in the league over the 2nd half of the season.
We need a hard reset.

Disagree. New DC and a few new players is what they need. Which could be argued is a hard reset anyways. The offense is ready to win now with the talent. You don't put a ground zero defense out there.

Ironically my idea about changing that room was to add a 4th guy and return to a rotation. I will say though. I don’t really know what fangio and the eagles are planning. I’d imagine they wouldn’t make roster decisions of that magnitude for a coaching staff that might not even be here in 2025 lol. But idk what type of guys they need at edge

i like the idea of 4 guys. But my thought was you’d trade Reddick then you’d have 

sweat, Nolan smith, 2 additions whether it be huff, trade, draft

9 minutes ago, Last Stand said:

I don’t think a hard reset at edge is the move though. I think ideally you trade reddick, replace him with burns, Allen, or at minimum huff

now you’re younger there to match with Carter, Davis, Williams so hopefully they can develop together

There needs to be changes for sure. I just don’t know edge is the way to clear the cupboard

I mean if we're trading both, we better end up with Burns and Huff or Van Ginkel or all three lol. You don't just trade two of your best 3 players on defense and not dump SIGNIFICANT resources at that position.

• Like 1

I feel like there's not enough respect around nolan Smith, Smith and Huff take over for Reddick and Sweat. 

Trade Reddick n sweat while u can for compensation that allows more maneuverability come draft time.

Plus let's face it sweat won't be resigned next year so get something while u can

Reddick isn't worth the 25 million at his age. So get something for him n convert that 20-25 million into a younger player. 

1 minute ago, EagleBlueDon said:

I mean if we're trading both, we better end up with Burns and Huff or Van Ginkel or all three lol. You don't just trade two of your best 3 players on defense and not dump SIGNIFICANT resources at that position.

Agreed, that report doesn't surprise me though. The dline was awful down the stretch. Reddick seemed to be doing whatever he wanted and RBs were consistently able to bounce out wide due to Reddick taking himself out of the play and crashing inside all the time. Sweat was nonexistent down the stretch. On the other hand, we've seen this guys be great and the entire defense disappeared so it could be an anomaly to some extent. I don't think Reddick and Sweat are all of  a sudden bad players but I could see why the team wants to reset the entire defense. 

Just now, EagleBlueDon said:

My guess is huff costs half of what reddick would ask. So now you have some extra picks, money to maybe bring in someone else as well. 

Jonathan greenard is out there on the more mid tier end, but also I do really believe the eagles are going to trade for an edge. Idk who it is. There’s been talk of the chargers wanting to move on from Joey bosa who’s had a couple of injury filled years I believe. Maybe he’d cost less? 

theres the dream guys of burns or Allen who would be perfect. 6-4 and 6-5 long athletes.

then there’s the guys we don’t even know about like AJ brown. Who the eagles kinda find out of nowhere 

1 minute ago, EAGLES3658 said:

Agreed, that report doesn't surprise me though. The dline was awful down the stretch. Reddick seemed to be doing whatever he wanted and RBs were consistently able to bounce out wide due to Reddick taking himself out of the play and crashing inside all the time. Sweat was nonexistent down the stretch. On the other hand, we've seen this guys be great and the entire defense disappeared so it could be an anomaly to some extent. I don't think Reddick and Sweat are all of  a sudden bad players but I could see why the team wants to reset the entire defense. 

Trading them is not so much my issue as whatever the replacement plan is. 

I don’t think huff and Nolan smith are going to be enough. I don’t want jalen carters development to get hurt because the eagles lose all of their pass rush threats so carters just doubled all game

3 minutes ago, Last Stand said:

My guess is huff costs half of what reddick would ask. So now you have some extra picks, money to maybe bring in someone else as well. 

Jonathan greenard is out there on the more mid tier end, but also I do really believe the eagles are going to trade for an edge. Idk who it is. There’s been talk of the chargers wanting to move on from Joey bosa who’s had a couple of injury filled years I believe. Maybe he’d cost less? 

theres the dream guys of burns or Allen who would be perfect. 6-4 and 6-5 long athletes.

then there’s the guys we don’t even know about like AJ brown. Who the eagles kinda find out of nowhere 

Yeah as of now Huff seems like the guy. I'm assuming one of Sweat or Reddick is gone so he'll replace one of them. Which is a solid starting duo regardless of who is back or gone. But like you said now we'll have another premium pick and more money to spend from shedding one of Sweat Reddick. Not sure what Sweats money is like. I too agree that we'll make a big splash there, especially if they're both traded. I'm talking MASSIVE splash.

10 minutes ago, Last Stand said:

Trading them is not so much my issue as whatever the replacement plan is. 

I don’t think huff and Nolan smith are going to be enough. I don’t want jalen carters development to get hurt because the eagles lose all of their pass rush threats so carters just doubled all game

If the eagles went into the season with Huff and Smith as their guys at EDGE it'd be malpractice and arguably the single most crazy decision I've ever seen them make outside of Chip Kelly decisions.

8 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

Yeah as of now Huff seems like the guy. I'm assuming one of Sweat or Reddick is gone so he'll replace one of them. Which is a solid starting duo regardless of who is back or gone. But like you said now we'll have another premium pick and more money to spend from shedding one of Sweat Reddick. Not sure what Sweats money is like. I too agree that we'll make a big splash there, especially if they're both traded. I'm talking MASSIVE splash.

If you are swapping g one out for 25 year old pass rusher that makes sense……but both?