Raiders hire Antonio Pierce as Head Coach

RaidersAreOne

4 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

AP was the right call tbh. Champ on the other hand.... mehhhhh. He's deserved his shot and I think he'd be hired as a GM by someone, but I just love the idea of Dodds.

It just feels weird to have him in on all these meetings unless he’s happy staying as Asst GM.

I did not expect this at all, but it's going to be interesting how it turns out.

We know he can coach on gameday and motivate the guys to give it their all, but being the full-time guy is more than just this - how well can he assemble & organize a staff below him and develop incoming (and even current) players? Beyond his own abilities, will any GM candidate have an issue with being stuck with a coach not of their choosing, now (I'd hope they already know the answer to this for their top selections)?

Personally, I wish him continued success, although I'm not entirely sure if the odds are in his favor.

18 minutes ago, RaiderX said:

Disappointed they didn't even talk to Harbaugh after the rumored mutual interest. Davis pretty much let the fans and players sway his hand. Hopefully they bring a offensive mastermind over. 

We did talk to his agent according to a Raider beat.

This to me feels like a win for the Raiders i like it alot.  Whats crazy is i didn't want Pierce for the Falcons and didn't think he would do well with other teams as much.  But for the Raiders it feels like it is a perfect match and he already has that locker room.   I also feel other coaches might not as done well there as Pierce will for them. 

30 minutes ago, General Tso said:

Retain the DC and hire someone like Klint Kubiak

Klint would be a very good pickup at OC for them i like him alot for Falcons OC depending on who we get as HC.   If we get Bellicheck im guessing it's McDaniels which im more than ok with as well.  But if it was someone like Macdonald from the Ravens i would have loved it Klint came as a OC.