Raiders hire Antonio Pierce as Head Coach

RaidersAreOne

Very happy, below is my I feel realistic hope for how he fills out the staff.

Head Coach: Antonio Pierce
Senior Advisor: Marvin Lewis (I believe no employment currently, former advisor at ASU with Pierce and obviously former HC Bengals)

Offensive Coordinator: Bill Lazor (Current Senior Offensive Advisor with Texans)

• QB Coach: Jordan Palmer (Independent QB coach/consultant) [Marcus Brady with the Eagles is my runner up]
  • RB Coach: Kennedy Polamalu (Retain)
  • WR Coach: Edgar Bennett (Retain)
    • Assistant WR Coach / Returners: Danny Amendola (Retain/focus more on offense from ST)
  • TE Coach: TC McCarthy (Recently with Browns, contract expired)
  • OL Coach: Frank Pollack (but he's with the Bengals and might not be able to lateral move), James Campen (Panthers just dumped their staff, he's OL Coach currently) or Juan Castillo (Commanders just dumped their staff, he's run game coordinator currently)

Defensive Coordinator: Patrick Graham

• DL Coach: Retain Rob Leonard
  • LB Coach: I'd like Rob Ryan rotated to this role from Senior Defensive Assistant as AP is now obviously HC and this is an available slot
  • DB Coach: Retain Justin Simmons maybe shoot a feeler to Josh Boyer former MIA DC/NE DB coach (was PG's DB coach when PG was MIA DC) to add another teacher to the room, if not retain Chris Ash as the second voice in the DB room.

Special Teams Coordinator: Tom McMahon

Edited by Trojan
  • Like 4

26 minutes ago, StatKing said:

Should have went all in for Harbaugh. 

A lot of Raiders fans feel the same. It’s pretty much been a split camp between those that wanted AP and those that wanted Harbaugh.

Harbaugh has always been linked with the Raiders, for numerous reasons, but things have just never fallen into place at the right time. I hope Davis doesn’t live to regret making a serious run at him this time around… again.

1 hour ago, Trojan said:

Very happy, below is my I feel realistic hope for how he fills out the staff.

Head Coach: Antonio Pierce
Senior Advisor: Marvin Lewis (I believe no employment currently, former advisor at ASU with Pierce and obviously former HC Bengals)

Offensive Coordinator: Bill Lazor (Current Senior Offensive Advisor with Texans)

• QB Coach: Jordan Palmer (Independent QB coach/consultant) [Marcus Brady with the Eagles is my runner up]
  • RB Coach: Kennedy Polamalu (Retain)
  • WR Coach: Edgar Bennett (Retain)
    • Assistant WR Coach / Returners: Danny Amendola (Retain/focus more on offense from ST)
  • TE Coach: TC McCarthy (Recently with Browns, contract expired)
  • OL Coach: Frank Pollack (but he's with the Bengals and might not be able to lateral move), James Campen (Panthers just dumped their staff, he's OL Coach currently) or Juan Castillo (Commanders just dumped their staff, he's run game coordinator currently)

Defensive Coordinator: Patrick Graham

• DL Coach: Retain Rob Leonard
  • LB Coach: I'd like Rob Ryan rotated to this role from Senior Defensive Assistant as AP is now obviously HC and this is an available slot
  • DB Coach: Retain Justin Simmons maybe shoot a feeler to Josh Boyer former MIA DC/NE DB coach (was PG's DB coach when PG was MIA DC) to add another teacher to the room, if not retain Chris Ash as the second voice in the DB room.

Special Teams Coordinator: Tom McMahon

I feel like Bill Lazor has not performed well as an OC in multiple stops. 

5 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Yeah this seemed like a natural fit for the Raiders and since he had the buy in of the entire roster and they were actually winning some games down the stretch, you couldn't not do this.

This is not to say this couldn't completely backfire in a year or two, but for right now you kind of have to do this.

This is how I feel. Which is dammed if you do, dammed if you don't, when you consider all the amazing HC candidates that are available this cycle, including those who would want input or cohesion with a GM candidate we could have hired alongside them. 

Have a feeling that this won't work out well long-term, but feels like the Raiders were almost forced to make this move. Especially after they didn't retain Bisaccia and things went south.

I think it is the right move (as of now). He did a good job, the Team seems to respect him. I think he deserved a shot. Difference is: NOW he isn't the interim anymore. Full pressure. Let's see how he handles it. Personally I do think this will/can work out.