Raiders hire Antonio Pierce as Head Coach

9 minutes ago, RaidersForever said:

He may not be a complete Xs-and-Os guy (though as a starting MLB and team captain, he would have to be somewhat), but he definitely has a vision of what he wants the team to look like. He still has a lot to prove, though. Can he keep the momentum going on defense? Can he put the right people in place (coaches and players alike) to fix the offense? It all remains to be seen. We're here for the ride, though. #RaiderNation

Yeh, I agree. At the very least he has a complete vision and knows what he wants to do. That is half the battle. Also, he’s genuine.

I genuinely hope he succeeds, nothing would make me happier but at the end of the day, talk is all well and good but he’s got to deliver results. He had a great start last season, now he has to back the words up with results.

Edited by Darbsk
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

Yeh, I agree. At the very least he has a complete vision and knows what he wants to do. That is half the battle. Also, he’s genuine.

I genuinely hope he succeeds, nothing would make me happier but at the end of the day, talk is all well and good but he’s got to deliver results. He had a great start last season, now he has to back the words up with results.

Agreed. In terms of like-ability he’s on a different planet to a Josh McDaniels type of coach. The one thing you can say about Pierce is that he’s real and not a phoney like Josh.

But yeah, it all depends on the results. He can be the realist, coolest, biggest epitome of a Raiders coach of all time, but if we’re winning less than half of our games in the next two seasons then that ain’t gonna cut it.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Great interview lots of behind the scenes stuff about his first few games. Like how he bet his job on jack Jones. I can never hate on a guy who’s willing to bet on himself and put it all on the line. 

AP is a corn ball

I'm just glad that Mark had the foresight to give him one of the shortest HC contracts in NFL history

22 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Great interview lots of behind the scenes stuff about his first few games. Like how he bet his job on jack Jones. I can never hate on a guy who’s willing to bet on himself and put it all on the line. 

Was just about to post that, some here still give him no credit for jones because he was a waiver wire pick up, so anyone would’ve done it lol. 

no. Anyone would not have. 

that was clearly an AP call, some just don’t want to give the guy any credit it’s weird.

• Like 3

20 hours ago, NYRaider said:

AP is a corn ball

I'm just glad that Mark had the foresight to give him one of the shortest HC contracts in NFL history

I’m honestly shocked that you thought we’d have to give him a long contract. 

of course it was going to be a short contract… one of the reasons I was for giving AP a chance. I knew we could sign him for a year or two. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

I’m honestly shocked that you thought we’d have to give him a long contract. 

of course it was going to be a short contract… one of the reasons I was for giving AP a chance. I knew we could sign him for a year or two. 

Right. This was my whole premise on hiring AP: That it would be one of those things that if it works then that would be amazing that this franchise has a coach that understands the pulse of the Raiders mystique/fanbase but if not we could move on easily. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Yeah I watch that. May have some inside scoop on why Champ Kelly didn't get the job. 

1 hour ago, Jeremy408 said:

Right. This was my whole premise on hiring AP: That it would be one of those things that if it works then that would be amazing that this franchise has a coach that understands the pulse of the Raiders mystique/fanbase but if not we could move on easily. 

It would be sensible as he’s a young coach with little track record, give him a shot and if he gets the team to the playoffs (or some other reasonable clause) then he gets a contract extension and/or pay rise. He’ll clearly back himself and you get an extended chance to see what he can do, what his vision is and if last year was just riding the wave of emotion and feel good factor.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

It would be sensible as he’s a young coach with little track record, give him a shot and if he gets the team to the playoffs (or some other reasonable clause) then he gets a contract extension and/or pay rise. He’ll clearly back himself and you get an extended chance to see what he can do, what his vision is and if last year was just riding the wave of emotion and feel good factor.

Right it's low risk high reward(which is what I thought Rich would've been a few years back)

• Like 1