Steelers 2024 NFL Draft Prospects

Just now, rlon said:

It's hard to know what a rookie will overcome, most of the time. Also, it is said above that coaching means more (and movement skills), but maybe it means 'less' can also be telling. Maybe it means that the player hadn't had the right type of coaching in college and will blossom under a new/pro level coach. Van Pran comes to mind there.

Hopefully, there are 5-6 good centers in this draft. I am hoping to not have to take one so early, given the depth of talent at OT, WR and CB. Not too mention the other needs (LB, DL and S).

And it could mean those things.

But to me, arm length is meaningful when you look at tape and see issues with defenders that cross his face, guys who get good outside leverage, and holding calls.  When you scout these guys you need to look at those issues and understand why they happen.  So with JPJ you got the measurement on the arms that they are shorter than expected, then go back and rewatch those reps.  What I see with JPJ when you look at those reps is he targets the outside shoulder, gets his arm outside the defenders, then can’t reach the other shoulder, so he needs to resort to holding or giving a harder punch and getting off balance.  The reason Creed could overcome that is that he got his hands inside the breast plate of the defender, so there you can get away with holding but it also allows you to control the defender better on the cross over moves because they will need to expose their chest coming to you, allowing you to land the counter punch without having to lunge.

2 hours ago, MOSteelers56 said:

I think I like the other Washington WR a little more for us than Rome Odunze. Ja'lynn Polk. I also like LSU's "other" WR too. He reminds me of Martavis Bryant. 

Odunze is much more explosive and athletic than Polk.
I like Polk too, and he's a solid hands guy, but Odunze is a better player.
Scouts calling him 'can't miss' not only from his athleticism but 
also from the way he has conducted himself - pro.

8 minutes ago, mwalker said:

Odunze is much more explosive and athletic than Polk.
I like Polk too, and he's a solid hands guy, but Odunze is a better player.
Scouts calling him 'can't miss' not only from his athleticism but 
also from the way he has conducted himself - pro.

I like the other other Washington WR too. Lol

3 hours ago, MOSteelers56 said:

I think I like the other Washington WR a little more for us than Rome Odunze. Ja'lynn Polk. I also like LSU's "other" WR too. He reminds me of Martavis Bryant. 

Thomas?

10 minutes ago, warfelg said:

No representation at JPJs pro day from top brass and a Frazier top 30 visit. Get ready for an overdraft on someone you could have moved down for. 

I would rather reach for Van Pran in the second than Frazier at 1-20...