Steelers 2024 NFL Draft Prospects

11 hours ago, armsteeld said:

Anyone have any idea what Alan Saunders was talking about regarding Jackson Powers Johnson having medical issues that caused some teams to remove him off their boards? I think it was him discussing it on the Locked On Steelers show with Cris Carter.

I think it is BS  Smoke screen by a team that wants him to fall

3 hours ago, armsteeld said:

Quickness vs long speed. I'm placing him in the Slot and we ride!

He will probably go 8 to 15 range.

1 hour ago, warfelg said:

Q Mitchell

KA McKinstry

N Wiggins

T Arnold

That should be the CB rankings. If I change anything KA would slide to the end and Wiggins and Arnold would bump up. 

I have

1. Arnold
  2. Mitchell
  3. Wiggins
  4. McMinstry

Further down the list:

Shon Stephens 🙂

Edited by jebrick
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, jebrick said:

I have

1. Arnold
  2. Mitchell
  3. Wiggins
  4. McMinstry

Further down the list:

Shon Stephens 🙂

So this is where my valuation process plays in. 

Arnold stunned in testing. But watch his tape again. He’s wildly inconsistent, misses when he gives a slight cushion, troubles high pointing the ball. So I look at his tape now knowing what he’s capable of you look at why it doesn’t translate. My best guess with Arnold is he doesn’t trust himself physically on the field. 

Mitchell, McKinstry, and Wiggins didn’t leave me with that question. They tested as expected and their tape showed that they matched or outplayed their physical profile. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, warfelg said:

Also if you think Cooper DeJean is a CB he’s CB2 in this class for me, but S1 if that’s what you put him as in the MFL and S2 is more like S10. 

I think he is S1 in the NFL so i do not rate him as a CB but I do agree with you

8 minutes ago, jebrick said:

I think he is S1 in the NFL so i do not rate him as a CB but I do agree with you

I bounce back and forth on him. I saw some scout suggest the way you find out is use him as a secondary joker for his rookie year. Put him on TEs, Slots, big boundary WRs, zone coverage, play some cover 3. Basically make him a guy defenses need to find to know he’s out there and along the way you end up discovering what he’s good at.