Steelers 2024 NFL Draft Prospects

2 minutes ago, MOSteelers56 said:

That's encouraging.

It is.  I keep coming across that our major needs (C/RT/WR2/CB) are some of the deepest positions in this draft.  I guess that's a big part of the reason I'm not super stressed.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, warfelg said:

https://x.com/fball_insights/status/1776083208393629755

Cycling back around on the DL class here.  These last few days of reevaluating the draft class and it's going to be a really good one overall.  Lots of teams are going to get some good long term starters from it.

Hopefully that's us and hopefully it's Maason Smith. He reminds me of Tuitt.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, MOSteelers56 said:

Hopefully that's us and hopefully it's Maason Smith. He reminds me of Tuitt.

I really like the idea of Smith. Him and Benton would complement each other well IMO. Can really allow Benton to be the stud and Smith can be like Aaron Smith to that. 

I really think that last year did a good job in getting some guys as studs, this year can be great about getting some great quality starting players. 

I feel in 4-5 years we look at these last two drafts as really transformative for the franchise. In two drafts to have (potentially) bookend tackles, starting C, stud corner, WR1/2, 2DL….that’s the building blocks some ( @Steeler Hitman ) have been asking for. If that happens then we could really just do what we want in 2025/26 to get the QBotF and all the other parts you could want. 

1 hour ago, warfelg said:

https://x.com/jasrifootball/status/1776294240508621149?s=46&t=xd5QJpZuXv2k7qD0xqd6aA

KC likely to move up now. 32, 95, 131 for 20 please. 

If it was his, one of his buddies will take the hit for it. Leaving the scene of an accident will be a bigger deal than the marijuana. IMO anyway. If an eyewitness saw him get out of the driver's seat, his buddy can't take the heat for that one. Not to say the Chiefs won't be looking for a WR anyway. 

• Like 1

The only way Maason Smith reminds ANYONE of Tuitt is because of size and movement skills. Smith is one of the rawest DL in this class. He's afraid to use his hands which is how defenders win vs blockers. Definitely needs a lot of work on his technique.

That is insane burst/acceleration from Kool Aid! Nate Wiggins (4.28), Xavier Worthy (4.21), John Ross (4.22), Dri Archer (4.26) none of them were faster in the 10 yard split than Kool Aid McKinstry. Honestly, I can't recall ever seeing a 10 split that fast. What's even more impressive is that he was that explosive off a right foot that needs surgery. 

Add in the fact that Kool Aid is a Press CB Man CB who also plays Zone defenses well and I have a hard time removing him from my CB1 spot. 

Jones fracture This type of fracture occurs in the bone that connects the pinkie toe to the base of the foot. It’s most commonly associated with sports injuries or falls where sudden force is applied to the outside of the foot.

source: https://www.bing.com/ck/a?!&&p=ffd41630f2c88616JmltdHM9MTcxMjI3NTIwMCZpZ3VpZD0yY2M0MWE1YS0xMzQwLTYwOGUtMjZmNC0wZTU2MTIwMjYxY2QmaW5zaWQ9NTU2OQ&ptn=3&ver=2&hsh=3&fclid=2cc41a5a-1340-608e-26f4-0e56120261cd&psq=kool+aid+mckinstry+foot+injury&u=a1aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cubmZsLmNvbS9uZXdzL2FsYWJhbWEtY2Ita29vbC1haWQtbWNraW5zdHJ5LWRlYWxpbmctd2l0aC1qb25lcy1mcmFjdHVyZS1pbi1yaWdodC1mb290LXdvbi10LXdvcmstb3V0LWF0LWNvbWJpbmU&ntb=1

16 minutes ago, armsteeld said:

That is insane burst/acceleration from Kool Aid! Nate Wiggins (4.28), Xavier Worthy (4.21), John Ross (4.22), Dri Archer (4.26) none of them were faster in the 10 yard split than Kool Aid McKinstry. Honestly, I can't recall ever seeing a 10 split that fast. What's even more impressive is that he was that explosive off a right foot that needs surgery. 

Add in the fact that Kool Aid is a Press CB Man CB who also plays Zone defenses well and I have a hard time removing him from my CB1 spot. 

Jones fracture This type of fracture occurs in the bone that connects the pinkie toe to the base of the foot. It’s most commonly associated with sports injuries or falls where sudden force is applied to the outside of the foot.

source: https://www.bing.com/ck/a?!&&p=ffd41630f2c88616JmltdHM9MTcxMjI3NTIwMCZpZ3VpZD0yY2M0MWE1YS0xMzQwLTYwOGUtMjZmNC0wZTU2MTIwMjYxY2QmaW5zaWQ9NTU2OQ&ptn=3&ver=2&hsh=3&fclid=2cc41a5a-1340-608e-26f4-0e56120261cd&psq=kool+aid+mckinstry+foot+injury&u=a1aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cubmZsLmNvbS9uZXdzL2FsYWJhbWEtY2Ita29vbC1haWQtbWNraW5zdHJ5LWRlYWxpbmctd2l0aC1qb25lcy1mcmFjdHVyZS1pbi1yaWdodC1mb290LXdvbi10LXdvcmstb3V0LWF0LWNvbWJpbmU&ntb=1

I still really like him. 

What do you make of Brandon Thorn saying that this is the best OC depth class he’s seen? Made me do a redive, along with the news that the “stock” of JPJ and Frazier coming down to where they should be, and I like the thought we can get a value here. 

17 minutes ago, warfelg said:

I still really like him. 

What do you make of Brandon Thorn saying that this is the best OC depth class he’s seen? Made me do a redive, along with the news that the “stock” of JPJ and Frazier coming down to where they should be, and I like the thought we can get a value here. 

Similar to what I've been saying. The difference between 1-10 is minimal or what scheme you run. Senior Bowl is great for prospects but average fans see 1 on 1 clips and lose their minds. I swear I feel some agents are paying these analysts to hype their prospects to the masses to sway teams decision-makers. It's like full court pressure with JPJ to the Steelers. Nah, we good.

You remember Brandon Lloyd? If so, check out Ole Miss WR Dayton Wade. Wade, 5'9 180, ran a 4.44 in the 40 but his body control, route running, and speed is something else. Maybe a late round to priority free agent but he's worth taking a shot on.

I see many are clamoring for Ricky Pearsall and Ladd McConkey in the 2nd but those guys are Slots or off ball WRs. They struggle vs Press and are better vs Zone. Good players but we have so many similar types currently on the roster.

2 hours ago, armsteeld said:

Similar to what I've been saying. The difference between 1-10 is minimal or what scheme you run. Senior Bowl is great for prospects but average fans see 1 on 1 clips and lose their minds. I swear I feel some agents are paying these analysts to hype their prospects to the masses to sway teams decision-makers. It's like full court pressure with JPJ to the Steelers. Nah, we good.

You remember Brandon Lloyd? If so, check out Ole Miss WR Dayton Wade. Wade, 5'9 180, ran a 4.44 in the 40 but his body control, route running, and speed is something else. Maybe a late round to priority free agent but he's worth taking a shot on.

I see many are clamoring for Ricky Pearsall and Ladd McConkey in the 2nd but those guys are Slots or off ball WRs. They struggle vs Press and are better vs Zone. Good players but we have so many similar types currently on the roster.

Ladd would Become the best slot receiver in football by his second year. Just my opinion.

13 hours ago, armsteeld said:

I like the way Brian Baldinger put it. In the NFL you really only have 1-4 elite C at any time ranked that way. Then you have 5-20 ranked where the difference between 5 and 20 is minimal. If you have 21-26/8 you are looking to upgrade as there is a drop but they can start. 28-32 is where you know you have a problem. 

So the way he sees this draft class is you don’t need guys 1-3 (JPJ, Barton, Frazier). You just don’t want to end up with 13-down if you know you need a center now of moving forward. 

• Like 1