Free Agency 2024

DE becomes a much bigger need, as does LB. RB was already a big need, now it's even bigger. Holding out hope that we can keep Rankins, Nelson, Barnett.. possibly Fant?? 

I have complete and total faith that Caserio will find guys in the 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th waves of free agency for absolute bargains, and that we will draft several very good football players. 

This is our game. 

1 minute ago, PAtexansFAN_99 said:

DE becomes a much bigger need, as does LB. RB was already a big need, now it's even bigger. Holding out hope that we can keep Rankins, Nelson, Barnett.. possibly Fant?? 

I have complete and total faith that Caserio will find guys in the 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th waves of free agency for absolute bargains, and that we will draft several very good football players. 

This is our game. 

Great. He basically has turned us into the Oakland A's. 

Burns official going to NYG which clears the way for Hunter to sign with us. Also, apparently Henry and Moss want too much (as of now*). It’s possible we work on a trade at RB while trying to sign a FA, no clue who’d that be. 

Edited by LORK88
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, LORK88 said:

Burns official going to NYG which clears the way for Hunter to sign with us. Also, apparently Henry and Moss want too much. It’s possible we work on a trade at RB while trying to sign a FA, no clue who’d that be. 

Thanks for heads up... if via trade, Elijah Mitchell (SF) makes some sense (as do Pierre Strong/ CLE or Kene Nwangku / MN)  They all have a similar profile to other successful SF backs (e.g. Mostert).

Could Nick be working on a trade for Aaron Jones instead of a release?  It has the same impact on the cap for the Packers IIRC.  If he is going that route, I hope also gets Bo Melton from GB.  That would solve our Z-WR issues IMHO.

NGL.... we walk away from this FA with some combo
RB Aaron Jones or Derek Henry (maybe Elijah Mitchell)
WR Curtis Samuel / Bo Melton
TE Dalton Schultz
OL Josh Jones (or George Fant)
IDL Autry* / Fatukasi / Kinlaw / Rankins
Edge Danielle Hunter / Bud Dupree / Derrick Barnett (maybe Chase Young or Khalil Mack or Joey Bosa)
LB Devin White / Willie Gay / Azeez Al-Shaair
CB Jeff Okudah*
SAF Justin Simmons / Jeremy Chinn

I think we will be just fine headed into the draft.  

Edit: also Josh Sweat (PHI) as a trade target.

Edited by jch1911
  • Like 1

Love every signing we've made so far. Fatukasi and Autry seem like they will be great if we can get the best out of them, and Okudah seems like a bargain at the price we got him. 

It feels like the philosophy is that we're betting on our coaching. Players with the tools & the desire should thrive here if they have ever thrived anywhere. Considering how far we went with our island of misfit toys in 2023, I believe that we're currently doing the slightly upgraded, slightly more expensive version of that same strategy right now.

• Like 1

I’ve always felt that the Kyle Shanahan coaching tree has suffered from arrogance issues. It’s why they are not great at making in game adjustments. 

hopefully we are just really making smart decisions and not just arrogantly expecting coaching to make up for the lack of talent.