Free Agency 2024

17 hours ago, Pastor Dillon said:

Also, just looking on Spotrac, after accounting for draft pick holds, we should have about 13 million left to spend. We also can cut Woods for 5 million and a few other guys at 2-3 million each. 

We could sign 2 more guys still. 

Don't forget restructures. Tunsil & Howard would free up about $19M.  Although I expect that space to go to a Nico extension,

54 minutes ago, jch1911 said:

Don't forget restructures. Tunsil & Howard would free up about $19M.  Although I expect that space to go to a Nico extension,

We might restructure Tunsil, but I think we will keep out out with Howard for next year. 

10 hours ago, Blaze said:

For what it's worth.

We like Armstead, but not at his current price tag ($17mm). That's been the debate, sign Armstead and fill the rest with vet minimums/draft or sign 2-3 low end starters. If we don't sign a DT, we're probably going DT round 1 or 2. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, LORK88 said:

We like Armstead, but not at his current price tag ($17mm). That's been the debate, sign Armstead and fill the rest with vet minimums/draft or sign 2-3 low end starters. If we don't sign a DT, we're probably going DT round 1 or 2. 

I'm assuming they are held up on making moves till they figure the Armstead situation out? Kinda sucks losing Rankins over $1mil

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Blaze said:

I'm assuming they are held up on making moves till they figure the Armstead situation out? Kinda sucks losing Rankins over $1mil

I think they're doing both now that FA has slowed down a bit. One thing I've picked up on so far with all our moves is we're not willing to overpay. We had an offer in to Wilkins and Saquon, but it was what we thought was fair. I wouldn't be surprised if we try to get Armstead at a lower range ($12ish million). If not, we're content going into the draft. That was part of the reason we slightly preferred Hunter over WIlkins, easier to get a DT this draft. 

• Like 2

Don't really care honestly, I think 3 free agent d linemen is enough. There's some gems that could had late in this draft at DT I feel like.. Just discovered Maason Smith the other day. He might be there on day 3. Between Fatukasi and Khalil Davis, I trust Caserio to fill in the dt depth, and add a capable starter if needed 

• Like 1

NGL before the SB & this week.... I honestly forgot Armstead was still playing.

I literally was surprised how well he played in the SB.

So missing out on him (and getting Hunter!) doesn't phase me so much.

I think there is still lots of IDL depth out there via FA or trade plus draft gems.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, jch1911 said:

NGL before the SB & this week.... I honestly forgot Armstead was still playing.

I literally was surprised how well he played in the SB.

So missing out on him (and getting Hunter!) doesn't phase me so much.

I think there is still lots of IDL depth out there via FA or trade plus draft gems.

He’s missed 13 games over the last 2 seasons.