Free Agency 2024

I'm surprised the Diggs trade doesn't have it's own thread here. 

One of the best things that Stefon Diggs did for the Vikings was open up the offense, and helped Adam Thielen get less coverage his way. AT19 had 8 straight 100 yard games back in 2018 partly due to the coverage that Diggs demanded. 

Now, that was 6 years ago, but Diggs is still a very good receiver. He'll still open up the offense in a way that Woods or Brown simply can't. 

With the window open, I think it was a good move to get Diggs, especially with what was free draft capital after the trade with Minnesota (which ironically enough the Vikings were once again tied to your off-season this year lol) 

I expect the Texans to make a huge jump this year, and maybe even overtake KC as the team to beat in the AFC.

With Hunter, Diggs, Keenum, Boyd (maaaaybe?) and I'm sure a few others, I'll definitely be rooting for you guys this year! 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

I'm surprised the Diggs trade doesn't have it's own thread here. 

One of the best things that Stefon Diggs did for the Vikings was open up the offense, and helped Adam Thielen get less coverage his way. AT19 had 8 straight 100 yard games back in 2018 partly due to the coverage that Diggs demanded. 

Now, that was 6 years ago, but Diggs is still a very good receiver. He'll still open up the offense in a way that Woods or Brown simply can't. 

With the window open, I think it was a good move to get Diggs, especially with what was free draft capital after the trade with Minnesota (which ironically enough the Vikings were once again tied to your off-season this year lol) 

I expect the Texans to make a huge jump this year, and maybe even overtake KC as the team to beat in the AFC.

With Hunter, Diggs, Keenum, Boyd (maaaaybe?) and I'm sure a few others, I'll definitely be rooting for you guys this year! 

Diggs is going to be the guy that Nico gets open, and if you cover both of them, Dell is going to feast from the slot, assuming we stop asking him to block between the tackles on the goal line. 

I think Dalton Schultz is going to be have a monster season, because there is just not anyway to cover him and those 3 guys. I am trying to think of all the other teams that have a WR corp like we do, and not very many of them have a TE as well. Minnesota, Chicago, and idk who else. Neither of those teams have an experienced QB. 

There will be no excuses for Slowik and the offense this season, which is scary, we cant possibly live up the hype. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Pastor Dillon said:

Diggs is going to be the guy that Nico gets open, and if you cover both of them, Dell is going to feast from the slot, assuming we stop asking him to block between the tackles on the goal line. 

I think Dalton Schultz is going to be have a monster season, because there is just not anyway to cover him and those 3 guys. I am trying to think of all the other teams that have a WR corp like we do, and not very many of them have a TE as well. Minnesota, Chicago, and idk who else. Neither of those teams have an experienced QB. 

There will be no excuses for Slowik and the offense this season, which is scary, we cant possibly live up the hype. 

San Fran... GB?

I would NOT put Chi's receiver corps up there IMHO

Who are Bears WRs who stand out (besides Allen, Moore)?  I think Kmet is mid

GB has Reed, Watson, Doubs, Wicks, Melton (sleeper who I wanted Texans to trade for) + Kraft & Musgrave at TE.

Anyway, I get your point about our WR corps.

1 hour ago, jch1911 said:

Who are Bears WRs who stand out (besides Allen, Moore)?  I think Kmet is mid

GB has Reed, Watson, Doubs, Wicks, Melton (sleeper who I wanted Texans to trade for) + Kraft & Musgrave at TE.

Anyway, I get your point about our WR corps.

Its off season and its slow, so lets have a debate

Reed was a rookie who had 793 yards, great rookie season, but not a great look for your leading WR
Doubs was a 2nd year guy who has a career 1,099 yards, again solid young WR but hasnt shown hes a number 1
Wicks and Watson, are rookie and 2nd year guys who were 3rd and 4th WRs, probably what they should have been. 

The packers have young WRs who have potential. 

Allen and Moore are proven vets
Moore is 26 years old coming off a 1,364 yard season. 
Allen is 31 year old vet coming off a 1,243 yard season. 

They are both number 1 options. Chicago has a 1a and 1b while Green Bay has a 2a 2b 3a 3b

at TE, give me Cole Kmet over Kraft and Musgrave, who were both rookies. 

The Packers have more potential in their group, I will give you that, but the Bears is by far more ready to succeed on day 1 with a rookie QB. If i was picking, I would easily take what the bears have and not second guess myself at all. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Pastor Dillon said:

Its off season and its slow, so lets have a debate

No. ;) I don't care enough about the Bears or Packers for that to happen.

You did miss San Fran tho in your original post.

Love ya, broski!

11 minutes ago, lumberjackchris said:

Texans semi reworked Digg’s deal. They guaranteed the 3.5 mil he was due for 2025 and added it to this years salary and officially nixed any remaining years. 
He’s officially on a 1 year 22.5 million dollar deal 

Not sure how I feel about that. You now have Nico and Diggs as free agents at the same time. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Blaze said:

Not sure how I feel about that. You now have Nico and Diggs as free agents at the same time. 

A restructure was a better option (if Diggs would have agreed).... give him guaranteed $$$ and open cap space for Texans.

I get the feeling he wants to show out in Texans offense and find someone else to pony up next off-season.

Good luck with that.

23 minutes ago, jch1911 said:

A restructure was a better option (if Diggs would have agreed).... give him guaranteed $$$ and open cap space for Texans.

I get the feeling he wants to show out in Texans offense and find someone else to pony up next off-season.

Good luck with that.

IF that is the case, a 2nd round pick shouldn't have been given. I need to know the rationale behind this. Drafting another WR may not be a bad idea this year. 

yeah i dont like a 2 for a 1 year rental, esp considering that 2 came from our 1st round trade

kinda whelmed with the whole situation. hope they ball out this year i guess

1 hour ago, Blaze said:

IF that is the case, a 2nd round pick shouldn't have been given. I need to know the rationale behind this. Drafting another WR may not be a bad idea this year. 

And then we get a 3rd round comp pick when he signs somewhere else. Nick playing chess. Nico will still be locked up.

We are going to be getting a fully engaged Diggs who will be playing for his last big contract. I think he will be the best version of himself. It really is a good move. We get to be in position to either keep him or nico and we get a contract year performance. 

plus Diggs will be happy and he should be grateful to the Texans. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Pastor Dillon said:

plus Diggs will be happy and he should be grateful to the Texans. 

In theory, but this wont mean anything when it comes time to negotiate a new contract. what will only matter is if he really loves playing with stroud, but if he balls out, i think he's going to go to the highest bidder