2023 AFC Championship: (3) Kansas City Chiefs @ (1) B'more 'vens

Who's going to the Super Bowl?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins the AFCCG

• Ravens
    • Chiefs

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/28/2024 at 08:00 PM

3 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Well the OL was getting dominated as well, so how would Goff/Purdy handle that with a gameplan that includes no check downs or balance whatsoever?

I get that, but I think the gameplan would have been a lot different with them at QB.

I know this is hyperbolic, but man some of the unforced errors and lack of urgency towards the end by Lamar really made it hard to watch

2 minutes ago, Pats#1 said:

Lamar doesn’t appear to pass the ball quickly ever….always tries to extend plays which didn’t turn into much today and took some awful sacks as well. 

Not saying they are better all around, but the Ravens looked like they could have used a more pass first/heavy QB. 

Lamar throws hot/quickly when the game plan allows for it.

It didn't today. We saw the gameplan allow for it last week in the 2nd half, and primarily all game against SF and MIA.

Monken gave him zero help today.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

Because of the weird play calling. The game didn't need a drop back passer just sitting back there. No one was open. They abandoned the running game for some reason, which they didn't need to with how the game was going.

I do agree the lack of run plays was really weird

• Like 1

Just now, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Lamar throws hot/quickly when the game plan allows for it.

It didn't today. We saw the gameplan allow for it last week in the 2nd half, and primarily all game against SF and MIA.

Monken gave him zero help today.

Why do you keep blaming the coaching? At what point does the player take over? He could have ran the ball. He ran the ball well. At what point do you say ima take over I got us. He didn’t, you blaming the coaching is such a cop out. I get it dude, but I don’t know maybe I’m hard on Lamar. I just know we didn’t see him will his team. I saw that from

Josh last week. He fought and clawed and made plays with lesser talent. He left it all on the field. Blaming the coaching is like leaving things up to chance. Some players just want it more. Not even talking crap just being real. You hold the chiefs to 17 you better come out hot… 

It's always satisfying to see Lamar crumble in the playoffs.  Even the #1 defense in the NFL couldnt save him this time.  Literally no excuse as the defense locked it down in the 2nd half.  Gotta score more than 10 pts when you get that contract.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, El Ramster said:

This was your year. Everything went right. Not mention the healthy bengals will be back. I’m taking burrow all day over Lamar. 

will bengals defence be good enough, or even good at all? Thats the problem with them from this year anyways. Agree about Burrow, the only QB that has done well vs #15

1 minute ago, El Ramster said:

Why do you keep blaming the coaching? At what point does the player take over? He could have ran the ball. He ran the ball well. At what point do you say ima take over I got us. He didn’t, you blaming the coaching is such a cop out. I get it dude, but I don’t know maybe I’m hard on Lamar. I just know we didn’t see him will his team. I saw that from

Josh last week. He fought and clawed and made plays with lesser talent. He left it all on the field. Blaming the coaching is like leaving things up to chance. Some players just want it more. Not even talking crap just being real. You hold the chiefs to 17 you better come out hot… 

He didn't even run the ball well, though. He was indecisive and hesitant to take off, which is strange. The one time he did break free on the 4th down early in the game, he didn't even run that well. He made very strange decisions even in that run instead of just turning in the jets. It was a 21 yard run, but should have been at least 10 more.

He was bad. He picked it up in the 2nd half and they drove the field 3x, but they went backwards 20 yards with the hold and missed blitz pickup into a sack on the fiest, the Flowers fumble that changed the game, and then his awful decision to throw into basically triple coverage on 2nd down in FG range.

He might not have gotten any help, but he also didn't step up and made an all-time bad decision.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, 3rivers said:

will bengals defence be good enough, or even good at all? Thats the problem with them from this year anyways. Agree about Burrow, the only QB that has done well vs #15

Bengals will also be without Tee Higgins as well, and with a new OC.

1 minute ago, seminoles1 said:

He didn't even run the ball well, though. He was indecisive and hesitant to take off, which is strange. The one time he did break free on the 4th down early in the game, he didn't even run that well. He made very strange decisions even in that run instead of just turning in the jets. It was a 21 yard run, but should have been at least 10 more.

He was bad. He picked it up in the 2nd half and they drove the field 3x, but they went backwards 20 yards with the hold and missed blitz pickup into a sack on the fiest, the Flowers fumble that changed the game, and then his awful decision to throw into basically triple coverage on 2nd down in FG range.

He might not have gotten any help, but he also didn't step up and made an all-time bad decision.

Almost 6 a pop for me is Damm good. He could have ran more and gone off script. Idk, am I wrong for saying that? Like what I saw from Josh last week was unreal. To see Lamar be dependent of a great offensive play call is meh. You’re the mvp make the plays. Seems almost critical like he wasn’t in the zone, he was reacting rather than acting.. it’s unfair but like you’re waiting for more and it never came. 

28 minutes ago, El Ramster said:

Anyone else think Kelce retires after this year with his brother? I think he comes back if Jason returns. But I could see him hanging them up like Gronk. Wouldn’t be shocking he’s gonna be 36.

I think if they win it this year he’ll definitely come back for another year to try three-peat

5 minutes ago, El Ramster said:

Almost 6 a pop for me is Damm good. He could have ran more and gone off script. Idk, am I wrong for saying that? Like what I saw from Josh last week was unreal. To see Lamar be dependent of a great offensive play call is meh. You’re the mvp make the plays. Seems almost critical like he wasn’t in the zone, he was reacting rather than acting.. it’s unfair but like you’re waiting for more and it never came. 

It should have been more. He waited too long on multiple runs from the pocket, turning what should have been 10+ yarders into 5 yarders because the DL was able to collapse.

It's also the runs he didn't take. The big one that comes to mind is the first drive of the 3rd quarter in like 3rd and 9. He had a big running lane, and instead threw to a blanketed WR that honestly should have been picked by Reid.

• Like 1