AFC Conference Championship: Ravens vs. Chiefs

Watching the pats/green bay against the chiefs, the play action and bootleg, crossing routes can be utilized, wonder how monken is going to attack the defense since it's probably going to be the usual gameplan for lamar blitz/stack box/keep him in the pocketĀ 

With the Chiefsā€™ running game and defense, theyā€™re coming in here thinking theyā€™re going to be the most physical team.

You run Gus Edwards behind Pat Ricard right at them at least once on that opening drive and you let them know that shiit ainā€™t happening. Not in our house and not in this game. Youā€™re the anvil in this game, sit the **** down.

Looks like it's going to be raining on Sunday. Hopefully this means that we'll get a performance similar to the Rams game by our offense, but maybe a little better by the defense so as to not make it such a close game lol.Ā 

Ā 

Also, seats to the game are like $1700 including fees when the same seats were like $240 last week. My goodness! The power of Taylor Swift.Ā šŸ˜†

Anyone else worried that having Andrews back could disrupt our offenseā€™s flow? Lamar has been so great at spreading the ball around and taking what the defense gives. Ā I am worried that he is going to zone in on Mark in an unproductive fashion. Ā I also could just be anxious as f**k and probably if a report came out that Lamar switched up his usual breakfast routine I would lose it.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, NYCRavensFlock said:

Anyone else worried that having Andrews back could disrupt our offenseā€™s flow? Lamar has been so great at spreading the ball around and taking what the defense gives. Ā I am worried that he is going to zone in on Mark in an unproductive fashion. Ā I also could just be anxious as f**k and probably if a report came out that Lamar switched up his usual breakfast routine I would lose it.

I've been thinking this as well. Offense just looks better and more flexible with Likely in there. I don't want Lamar thinking he's gotta get Andrews his touches.

3 hours ago, NYCRavensFlock said:

Worried? Yes and no.

Iā€™m worried in the sense that it could mean Likely gets a demotion and sees less reps. So especially with how Likely is our biggest YAC threat, itā€™s hard to not want him out on the field with an opportunity to make a big play.

Andrews though is a zone beating extraordinaire and heā€™s elite at getting himself into a spot for Lamar to find him, however that sometimes puts him at odds with the routes run by other players and that can also be problematic.

Ā 

But that all said, having more weapons is better than having less weapons. Especially in a game where the Chiefs wonā€™t have tape of 2 TE looks.

So it could be interesting what types of packages we could put together.

• Like 1

Andrews is the best redzone option, a redzone offense featuring gus/likely/andrews would give defenses fits.

Ā 

Also, the myth that lamar forcefeeds to andrews,Ā  Ā zay was the one leading in targets before he went down, if you look game by game before he went down he was very rarely the leading in target.

In the regular season sure it looked good when he was out then we seen in the texans game how the offense group was struggling against the blitz in the 1st half, andrews opens up the offense.

• Like 1

Storm models I follow for work seem to show at most light rain during the period of the game. Looks like the bulk of the rain is in the morning around 7am through 11am and then starts to break out of the area around 12pm-2pm with just moderate rainfall. By 3pm itā€™s more like scattered light showers. By 4pm-6pm there should be minimal rainā€¦ and then it ratchets back up in the later hours around 8-9pm in some areas.

So the rain will likely impact the footing on the field some, but shouldnā€™t impact the game much. Minimal wind as well, which was the bigger concern for me.

So all in all, it should be a decently clean game. Iā€™m seeing multiple models show this pattern as well, but weā€™ll see.

• Like 4