Year End Awards Finalists Revealed

RaidersAreOne

OROY should be interesting. 

Puka set records and showed up in the playoffs. 

Gibbs and LaPorta both could play key roles if Detroit wins out. 

Stroud took Houston to the playoffs and played like a franchise QB. 

My vote would go to Nacua, but it's soooo close between he and Stroud, imo. 

On 1/28/2024 at 12:40 AM, El Ramster said:

It’s kinda scary to think how TJ

could potentially be a 3x5 DPOY, like I don’t think he’s an all time great. I think he’s been lucky to play with ton of talent his whole career on defense(steeler fans down play this like crazy to hype him

up) His double numbers aren’t that high compared to others. But the guys is good for 15-22 sacks a year consistently. Like I don’t ever think he’s ever been Donald or Prime Watt dominant.  But my god he’s basically there, and part of me is Jelly. Like I really want to say he’s the best. But I’m so hesitant.. Is he Robert Quinn/Robert Mathis or is he LT/Von Miller on steroids.. His numbers make anyone shat, and even watching him play he’s a freak. But there’s just something missing.. And I can’t put my finger on it. 

@BlaqOpticplease my love. Tell me

about my take. And be real no homer crap. I’ll know when you start capping. 

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/38356170/2023-nfl-pass-rush-run-stop-blocking-win-rate-rankings-top-players-teams

Watt is that guy teams are like he’s gotta beat us. And he always does. He’s at an insane pace man. The guy is a wrecking ball. He has the sack numbers. Maybe it’s the lack off playoffs? Why doesn’t his run feel like holy sheeeeeeeet he’s HIM. You have fans slurping Micah and Garret. 

BTW, TJ>>>> Max, Myles and Micah. 

Byt Myles has more games where he pops out and can take over a game. Micah has become so overrated he’s not as good as people think. Win rate blah blah blah. Where was he vs the packers? Fudge outta here. 

Steelers fans downplay the effect of the rest of the defense for a reason, look at our record without TJ. Without him over the course of his career we are 1-11, so whilst he has a decent/good defense around him, he elevates them not the other way around.

As soon as double team rates start to account for ALL double teams, that will be a valid thing to bring up against TJ. He sometimes beats 3 players and gets to the QB, yet it's not counted as a double or triple team.

NFL honors coming up on Thursday at 9 PM. Apparently they will stretch this out over a 2 hour block, even though it could be done in 3 minutes on Sportscenter. If you're making me stay up that late, do the right thing and give Flacco his CPOTY award, NFL.

Edited by adamq

59 minutes ago, adamq said:

NFL honors coming up on Thursday at 9 PM. Apparently they will stretch this out over a 2 hour block, even though it could be done in 3 minutes on Sportscenter. If you're making me stay up that late, do the right thing and give Flacco his CPOTY award, NFL.

Hester's getting in. At least that's the rumor on twitter.