Around The League

Jerry

30 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

Nix odds  did rise in the sports books to be rookie year back in July

Based on the position, I think it's his to win unless he gets injured. Payton and a decent supporting cast give him a huge lead on pretty much everyone else. 

9 hours ago, big_palooka said:

We going to talk about how the Broncos might have something in Bo Nix? 

He's looked quick, decisive and athletic through 2 games. Will be interesting to see where his ceiling is, but he's showing everything I've expected thus far. Smart, quick to pick up an offense and making plays. 

It turns out good things happen when you have the balls to go get a QB

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

It turns out good things happen when you have the balls to go get a QB

They literally stayed at 12 and over drafted by every account out there. 

Do you have anything to add to the conversation football related? Or do you do you think it's cute to s**tpost everything? 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

Based on the position, I think it's his to win unless he gets injured. Payton and a decent supporting cast give him a huge lead on pretty much everyone else. 

I think Denver’s supporting cast is mid at best. We don’t know how these rookie QBs will adjust to the complex defensive schemes once week 1 rolls around. Also don’t know how they will respond with NFL pressure 

56 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

They literally stayed at 12 and over drafted by every account out there. 

Do you have anything to add to the conversation football related? Or do you do you think it's cute to s**tpost everything? 

The Broncos took their guy at #12 and the Falcons took their guy at #7 when basically no one had them that high. The Raiders easily could've put themselves in position to grab Penix, McCarthy or Nix and decided to punt the season with mediocre QB play instead.

The Broncos took their guy at #12 and the Falcons took their guy at #7 when basically no one had them that high. The Raiders easily could've put themselves in position to grab Penix, McCarthy or Nix and decided to punt the season with mediocre QB play instead.

If this is the case I agree with you 100%. We needed a QB this draft, I was in that corner hard.

However, in no world is it a fact that it was "easy" to go get a QB. We don't know how easy it was or wasn't.  The only question we should be pondering is "how much would it have taken to get one"...... and then the debate turns to how much do you think is acceptable for that chance. I'm in the corner that we should have been wiling paid a large sum.

But truly, we don't even know if it was possible. Like you said, those teams got "their guy" and who knows if anyone up there would have even been wiling to trade out. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, NickButera said:

If this is the case I agree with you 100%. We needed a QB this draft, I was in that corner hard.

However, in no world is it a fact that it was "easy" to go get a QB. We don't know how easy it was or wasn't.  The only question we should be pondering is "how much would it have taken to get one"...... and then the debate turns to how much do you think is acceptable for that chance. I'm in the corner that we should have been wiling paid a large sum.

But truly, we don't even know if it was possible. Like you said, those teams got "their guy" and who knows if anyone up there would have even been wiling to trade out. 

The Vikings gave up a 4th/5th to move up for McCarthy, I imagine we could've given up similar compensation for either JJ or to jump ahead of the Broncos for Nix. At the end of the day most regime's fail because they tie themselves to poor QB play. Telesco was blessed to inherit Rivers and then had Herbert fall right into his lap and still was never able to build a consistent winner despite having a top tier QB his entire time with the Chargers. 

They effectively punted a season by being conservative at QB and even if we draft one next year we're going to have to retool the offense again.

8 hours ago, NYRaider said:

They effectively punted a season by being conservative at QB and even if we draft one next year we're going to have to retool the offense again.

They were not going to the playoffs with a rookie QB most likely anyway unless he had a Stroud like impact. 

Why would they need to re-tool the offense? Everyone is under contract. Outside maybe losing Adams for financial reasons, the offense looks the same on paper. Bowers will become the #1 option in the pass game post Adams.

9 hours ago, NickButera said:

I'm tired of the "it was easy" talking points when it comes to getting a QB/HC. It's just a means to troll a GM they didn't prefer. You have to have teams willing to trade and the compensation has to make sense. 

If Telesco gave up a future one to move up for Bo Nix, the same posters would be panning that decision. 

I think we all want a QB, but there is some practicality of how to go about that. QBs are being over drafted every year. There are a lot of misses. There is nothing "easy" about leveraging future assets to jump into the frenzy of QBs who are going higher than projected. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

They were not going to the playoffs with a rookie QB most likely anyway unless he had a Stroud like impact. 

Why would they need to re-tool the offense? Everyone is under contract. Outside maybe losing Adams for financial reasons, the offense looks the same on paper. Bowers will become the #1 option in the pass game post Adams.

Without Adams this is a bottom 5 offense in the league talent wise. 

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

I'm tired of the "it was easy" talking points when it comes to getting a QB/HC. It's just a means to troll a GM they didn't prefer. You have to have teams willing to trade and the compensation has to make sense. 

If Telesco gave up a future one to move up for Bo Nix, the same posters would be panning that decision. 

I think we all want a QB, but there is some practicality of how to go about that. QBs are being over drafted every year. There are a lot of misses. There is nothing "easy" about leveraging future assets to jump into the frenzy of QBs who are going higher than projected. 

True it’s better to stay put and effectively give up on a season instead. I’m just surprised AP and Telesco didn’t go get someone though, they’ll likely both be fired within the next 16 months unless they shock the world this year.

True it’s better to stay put and effectively give up on a season instead. I’m just surprised AP and Telesco didn’t go get someone though, they’ll likely both be fired within the next 16 months unless they shock the world this year.

Baring a Kirk Cousins like addition, this team was and is only going to go as far as the defense can carry it. Rookie QB or not.

5 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Baring a Kirk Cousins like addition, this team was and is only going to go as far as the defense can carry it. Rookie QB or not.

So just effectively punt the season with the worst QB room in football