Around The League

Jerry

2 minutes ago, Jerry said:

Let's get this party started!!!

(for the third time)

I personally love a southern belle lol. 

Morris getting the job in Atlanta is surprising. He's going to pull from McVey's staff, so likely Robinson is out as an option for OC. 

• Like 1

The OCD in me struggles with threads titled #2, v.3 , etc. when we now keep them open for years instead of the old 100 page cap. It should probably just be Around the League imo and have it stickied (Along with the Draft thread, since the FA one is, and TAST thread).

That's my non-mod mod rant done.

• Like 1

Just now, big_palooka said:

Morris getting the job in Atlanta is surprising. He's going to pull from McVey's staff, so likely Robinson is out as an option for OC. 

Yeah, you’ve got to imagine Robinson is off the table now which is disappointing.

Atlanta interviewed 14 guys and ended up picking Raheem Morris. Surprising indeed.

1 minute ago, Nightmare said:

Yeah, you’ve got to imagine Robinson is off the table now which is disappointing.

Atlanta interviewed 14 guys and ended up picking Raheem Morris. Surprising indeed.

What's worse, interview 14 guys and picking a pretty lame duck option. Or simply not interviewing anyone when there are good HCs out there?

Asking for a friend.

3 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

The OCD in me struggles with threads titled #2, v.3 , etc. when we now keep them open for years instead of the old 100 page cap. It should probably just be Around the League imo and have it stickied (Along with the Draft thread, since the FA one is, and TAST thread).

For you @RaidersAreOne, anything.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RaidersAreOne said:

What's worse, interview 14 guys and picking a pretty lame duck option. Or simply not interviewing anyone when there are good HCs out there?

Asking for a friend.

Those two options are like picking a turd for breakfast or looking throughout the entirety of your fridge and pantry, realizing there's nothing in there that you really want, and then scooping up a turd out of the toilet and eating it for breakfast.

16 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Maybe the worst lock I’ve ever seen, nothing offensive was even said. People are so sensitive these days. There was no “grading”. There was comparing what cities have the most beautiful women. If that’s a “bad thing” these days, what a society. He clearly has not hung out with women when they talk about guys, the things they say are crazy lol. 

Anyways, rant over. 

This time on Around the League (Dragon Ball Z voice).

• Like 4

If Seattle doesn’t pick Slowik, it means Slowik is available the next coaching cycle, with yet another year of experience. Imagine if Stroud wins MVP and Slowik is a HC candidate, and Pierce wins 5 games? Give me Slowik, baby. I absolutely love what he’s done with the Texans offense. He even made Singletary look better than ever, who is a pretty average RB at best. All those WR’s looked great under him too.

27 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Every forum calls this thread differently. Packer subforum calls it NFL News. But I like Around the League the best considering not everything is news. Sometimes you just want to say the Chiefs suck, you know. 

Russ would be very uninspiring, even if we were only paying him essentially the vet minimum.

I’ve watched him a bunch of times in these last couple of years in Denver and the guy just looks finished. His success earlier in his career came with his amazing ability to scramble and come up with magic on the fly. Now that he’s clearly lost a step, he just doesn’t have that same impact.

That said, I still think he’d be an upgrade on O’Connell. And he might have something to prove to the Broncos. But… meh, not for me.

3 hours ago, Geezy said:

Wouldn’t hate Wilson, but would his personality mesh with what AP is building? 

Wilson is the ultimate rah rah cheese ball, so I'd think it would. 

The bigger question is would skill set mesh. I don't trust a guy who can't win in the middle of the field.