Around The League

Jerry

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

Wilson is the ultimate rah rah cheese ball, so I'd think it would. 

The bigger question is would skill set mesh. I don't trust a guy who can't win in the middle of the field. 

See that’s the thing where you got it twisted. If you’ve been in a locker room, there’s a difference when someone is being authentic and someone is plain corny. Russell tries to hard to be that guy, when you’re really it, it comes natural. That’s why AP has a following and Russ gets clowned. 

3 hours ago, Geezy said:

See that’s the thing where you got it twisted. If you’ve been in a locker room, there’s a difference when someone is being authentic and someone is plain corny. Russell tries to hard to be that guy, when you’re really it, it comes natural. That’s why AP has a following and Russ gets clowned. 

Nah it’s because he’s not winning. If Russ took Den to the playoffs in back to back seasons they’d be selling “Let’s ride” shirts. You can be whatever you want, corny like Wilson a dictator like Belichek, as long as you win. 

Personally I hope he doesn’t sign in LV because I could see the team taking themselves out of taking a QB in the draft. 

14 minutes ago, Chali21 said:

Nah it’s because he’s not winning. If Russ took Den to the playoffs in back to back seasons they’d be selling “Let’s ride” shirts. You can be whatever you want, corny like Wilson a dictator like Belichek, as long as you win. 

Personally I hope he doesn’t sign in LV because I could see the team taking themselves out of taking a QB in the draft. 

Why do you think he was ran out of Seattle and now Denver? Pro athletes see past the bs. Marshawn and LOB never messed with him and they won a damn SB. 

3 hours ago, Geezy said:

Why do you think he was ran out of Seattle and now Denver? Pro athletes see past the bs. Marshawn and LOB never messed with him and they won a damn SB. 

I think Wilson’s regression and price tag played a big role in his exits. Personally, i think all the negative Russell Wilson character assessments are overblown. He’s obviously not a bad guy or anything like that. People just dont like him because hes corny and hes not nearly as good as he once was, but hes not some lockeroom cancer or anything like that. I thought he handled being benched well, much better than other QBs would have. 

Saying that, I wouldn’t want to bring him in. Id rather go for the boom or bust option in Fields and if he sucks we will be in a position to hopefully get our QBOTF the next year. Wilson is barely middle of the pack at this point i don’t see the upside. 

5 minutes ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

I think Wilson’s regression and price tag played a big role in his exits. Personally, i think all the negative Russell Wilson character assessments are overblown. He’s obviously not a bad guy or anything like that. People just dont like him because hes corny and hes not nearly as good as he once was, but hes not some lockeroom cancer or anything like that. I thought he handled being benched well, much better than other QBs would have. 

Saying that, I wouldn’t want to bring him in. Id rather go for the boom or bust option in Fields and if he sucks we will be in a position to hopefully get our QBOTF the next year. Wilson is barely middle of the pack at this point i don’t see the upside. 

I’m not a big fan of hitching a wagon to a guy like Fields who hasn’t had a great season thus far. Imagine if he has a great season, the Raiders will have to pay him quite a bit and if he does have a great season 100% the OC is going to be on a bunch of shortlists for an HC gig. 

5 minutes ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

Hard to be a lockerrom cancer from your executive suite...

Jokes aside, I'm with you in thinking he's not a "bad" guy. I do, however, think his ego and attitude keep him from being a leader and well-liked by teammates to a point it probably gets much closer to a lockerroom cancer than not. At the very least, I think there's a risk of it translating to the field wherever he goes- if he's not seen as one of the boys, he's likely seen as not being bought-in, which leads to the offense as a whole not gelling like one would hope for. 

• Like 2

Just now, Chali21 said:

I’m not a big fan of hitching a wagon to a guy like Fields who hasn’t had a great season thus far. Imagine if he has a great season, the Raiders will have to pay him quite a bit and if he does have a great season 100% the OC is going to be on a bunch of shortlists for an HC gig. 

Also have to hope it's not a Nick Foles style one-off campaign too. 

I get that some guys have a truly breakout season, but they usually show a slow build up to that as opposed to an abrupt breakout out of nowhere. Fields hasn't shown the progress I'd need to think a breakout season wasn't a one time thing, and the situation it would lead to isn't worth finding out, imo. 

On 9/29/2023 at 2:03 PM, bucksavage1 said:

Bill gonna get fired this season from NE if they don’t make the playoffs. Would another team hired him as HC? Perhaps or perhaps not. I can see it happening.

I just don’t see a guy who has been coaching for 40+ straight seasons not coaching in Some form 

I was laugh at for saying Bill Belichick will get passed up for jobs

On 1/26/2024 at 9:51 AM, ronjon1990 said:

Also have to hope it's not a Nick Foles style one-off campaign too. 

I get that some guys have a truly breakout season, but they usually show a slow build up to that as opposed to an abrupt breakout out of nowhere. Fields hasn't shown the progress I'd need to think a breakout season wasn't a one time thing, and the situation it would lead to isn't worth finding out, imo. 

You know we could trade him if we didn't think the progression was real, but he has shown steady improvement and this past season he missed a few games which would have made him look even better the way things were going.

3 hours ago, raidr4life said:

You know we could trade him if we didn't think the progression was real, but he has shown steady improvement and this past season he missed a few games which would have made him look even better the way things were going.

You and I both know that he's not getting traded if he had a big season. They would re-sign him to a contract that nobody would trade for if said progression wasn't legit and he wound up sucking thereafter. 

As far as his current improvement- cool? He went from atrocious as a QB to just generally bad. No thanks. 

Anyone see the video where Mahomes kept kicking the thing away so Tucker couldn’t practice? He wasn’t doing it to be funny. He was trying to throw off his game. Ravens allowing that on their turf is incredible, if I was a Raven player I would have checked him hard. 

Mahomes is not as nice as everyone thinks, not even close.

Lamar is an actual genuine nice dude. 

• Like 1