Around The League

Jerry

4 minutes ago, RaidersForever said:

The Chiefs didn't score at all in the 2nd half against Baltimore. That doesn't bode well for them against SF. Plus, IDK what the Ravens were trying to do on defense, but they definitely had the wrong gameplan. Double-team Kelce every time he's on the field (which the Ravens didn't do) and defend the run. Force Mahomes to beat you with Kadarius Toney and MVS. Force the Chiefs defense to decide if they're going to defend against CMC or try to contain Samuel and Aiyuk, good luck trying to contain all three.

I actually think the 49ers win this one, and I won't be surprised if it's not that close.

Ravens had a poor coaching gameplan on both sides. Buffalo had 180 yards rushing and Ravens RBs had six carries total. 

Real strange coaching decisions that led to KC vs SF super bowl

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

Dan Campbell effect. Also could be looking ahead at some possible openings next year with way better teams who will have coaches on the hot seat.

What an unexpected turn of events. Washington fans gotta be sick lol. 

Most coaches only get one opportunity to be a HC. Gotta be the right situation. Washington and Seattle have uphill climbs.

Also heard his asking price is enormous 

1 minute ago, bucksavage1 said:

Most coaches only get one opportunity to be a HC. Gotta be the right situation. Washington and Seattle have uphill climbs.

That report about asking for $15M was seemingly BS fwiw. I think Seattle would be an awesome spot for a HC to land. Tons of weapons and amazing fans.  Washington I think is on a major upswing too. 

29 minutes ago, RaidersForever said:

The Chiefs didn't score at all in the 2nd half against Baltimore. That doesn't bode well for them against SF. Plus, IDK what the Ravens were trying to do on defense, but they definitely had the wrong gameplan. Double-team Kelce every time he's on the field (which the Ravens didn't do) and defend the run. Force Mahomes to beat you with Kadarius Toney and MVS. Force the Chiefs defense to decide if they're going to defend against CMC or try to contain Samuel and Aiyuk, good luck trying to contain all three.

I actually think the 49ers win this one, and I won't be surprised if it's not that close.

I think the opposite. I think if anything, Mahomes will beat you if you ask him too. 

On the other hand, if you're KC and you're protecting the screen pass and dump off options, loading the line of scrimmage and preventing Purdy the chance to just dump it off....challenge him to beat you by actually passing the ball downfield, I think you can win. He's thrown for 1 TD each game, and his heat map is practically half of his passes are behind the line of scrimmage. 

Purdy's 1 pass downfield was overthrown and bounced off a defenders face. In the end, I think the team with the elite QB is going to win. But I don't want it to happen that way. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

Ben Johnson staying in Detroit wow did not expect that, especially with a shot at either Maye/Williams.

So besides Harbaugh where are all these big time coaches people were saying we should hire?

Edited by raidr4life
  • Like 4

7 minutes ago, NickButera said:

I think the opposite. I think if anything, Mahomes will beat you if you ask him too. 

On the other hand, if you're KC and you're protecting the screen pass and dump off options, loading the line of scrimmage and preventing Purdy the chance to just dump it off....challenge him to beat you by actually passing the ball downfield, I think you can win. He's thrown for 1 TD each game, and his heat map is practically half of his passes are behind the line of scrimmage. 

Purdy's 1 pass downfield was overthrown and bounced off a defenders face. In the end, I think the team with the elite QB is going to win. But I don't want it to happen that way. 

I think SF will try to control the line of scrimmage (on both sides of the ball) and pound the rock with CMC. We all know CMC will get more than 6 carries, and he's a better/more explosive RB than anyone on Baltimore's roster (including Lamar). If he gets going and the Chiefs are forced to sell out against the run, that's gonna leave lanes open for Samuel and Aiyuk to exploit with their route-running. Not only that, but SF has better recievers to challenge you downfield than KC does -- and after all that, you have to contain Kittle as well. I'm not downplaying the job Steve Spagnuolo has done this season, and we all know Reid is one of the best offensive playcallers in the league, but the SF roster at full strength is a BIG task to overcome (offensively and defensively).

Not saying you're wrong, because you could easily be right. I just think Mahomes will have the better QB stats, but I think it's Brock Purdy holding the trophy after it's all said and done.

2 minutes ago, RaidersForever said:

I think SF will try to control the line of scrimmage (on both sides of the ball) and pound the rock with CMC. We all know CMC will get more than 6 carries, and he's a better/more explosive RB than anyone on Baltimore's roster (including Lamar). If he gets going and the Chiefs are forced to sell out against the run, that's gonna leave lanes open for Samuel and Aiyuk to exploit with their route-running. Not only that, but SF has better recievers to challenge you downfield than KC does -- and after all that, you have to contain Kittle as well. I'm not downplaying the job Steve Spagnuolo has done this season, and we all know Reid is one of the best offensive playcallers in the league, but the SF roster at full strength is a BIG task to overcome (offensively and defensively).

Not saying you're wrong, because you could easily be right. I just think Mahomes will have the better QB stats, but I think it's Brock Purdy holding the trophy after it's all said and done.

I want that to happen, I'd rather route for the Niners, and if they win it's because of that right there. Their team is just too good in every phase.

But if they lose it will be because of the biggest reason, Purdy will need to put the game on his shoulders and I don't think he can beat Mahomes just yet. This is the superbowl and KC is going to come out playing just as physical as the Niners, I expect the game to come down to QB performance. 

But no way Purdy wins the MVP.  It's just too blatantly obvious how much help he gets from his playmakers.  

7 minutes ago, NickButera said:

I want that to happen, I'd rather route for the Niners, and if they win it's because of that right there. Their team is just too good in every phase.

But if they lose it will be because of the biggest reason, Purdy will need to put the game on his shoulders and I don't think he can beat Mahomes just yet. This is the superbowl and KC is going to come out playing just as physical as the Niners, I expect the game to come down to QB performance. 

But no way Purdy wins the MVP.  It's just too blatantly obvious how much help he gets from his playmakers.  

Even if they do, I think SF can (and hopefully will) outphysical/outmuscle them at the line of scrimmage. A healthy SF squad this year is going to be very hard to beat, even by KC.

But yeah, it's much more likely CMC or Kittle will be the MVP over Purdy.

5 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

Even their slogan is a diss to the Raiders, “Faithful to the Bay” . That snug think we are better than you attitude 

Yea I hate how they got to stay in Cali and we had to leave. It’s rough out here

4 hours ago, bucksavage1 said:

Honestly, it's probably a great move for him. 

Detroit looked good. They have a legit shot at a Superbowl. 

Looking at some of the coaches potentially on the hot seat next year, passing up a major rebuild may be smart. 

Dude could be looking at Dallas or Pittsburgh or...dare I say LA if McVay actually retires early? Maybe Buffalo if they ditch McDermott? Maybe...and this is a stretch but....Andy Reid retires? He doesn't have a clear cut successor right now, he's 65 going on 66, and has been a HC since 1999. Maybe Sirianni doesn't rebound and he can jump on Philadelphia?

Frankly, any of those blow the Washington Whatevers and the Seahawks out of the water, imo. At least 1 of them should open up, and none have a clear-cut successor in-house. Seattle has a big talent gap to make up with their division, amd Washington is a revolving door for HCs anymore, and a few steps behind Dallas and Philly. 

Why take on a reclamation project when you could slide right into a Lamborghini with proven ownership situations that are known for giving coaches time (Pitt, Dallas, Buffalo) or a near-ready made situation like LA or KC? 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Yea I hate how they got to stay in Cali and we had to leave. It’s rough out here

WTF is up with Oakland. Warriors moved out of town, Raiders to Vegas and now A's too...Wasn't long ago Oakland was catching up to SF as the place to be and now both are in decline. 

2 hours ago, G said:

WTF is up with Oakland. Warriors moved out of town, Raiders to Vegas and now A's too...Wasn't long ago Oakland was catching up to SF as the place to be and now both are in decline. 

Oakland has been the most crime ridden city in America for the past 2 decades. I mean even In-n-Out dipped out of "Brokeland."

It's really interesting, that the top candidates before the hiring cycle started all stay at their respective teams:

Ben Johnson stays in Detroit.
Frank Smith stays in Miami.
Bobby Slowik stays in Houston.

So basically we only missed on Harbaugh right now.
(That narrative probably change when one of the other hired HCs pan out)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Styrian Raider said:

It's really interesting, that the top candidates before the hiring cycle started all stay at their respective teams:

Ben Johnson stays in Detroit.
Frank Smith stays in Miami.
Bobby Slowik stays in Houston.

So basically we only missed on Harbaugh right now.
(That narrative probably change when one of the other hired HCs pan out)

Yup been mentioning this all of last week. moving on from pierce would've been to join a lottery type situation for HC(pissing the players off in the process.) 

Also worth mentioning(again) that choosing dodds didn't guarantee harbaugh like everyone thought(who will probably be the de facto GM anyway). 

• Like 1