Around The League

Jerry

11 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

KC was there to be beat. Ravens dont look tough. We could shock the world week 2

Baltimore didn't do anything I found particularly special on the field and almost overcame a ton of penalties and bad coaching. 

Also relevant for our home game against KC. They look beatable with decent, clean, steady play.  Catching them coming off a grinder vs SF, we could find them sleepwalking. They won, but they didn't look "great". Cincy and SF could deal them some early blows, and I wouldn't count New Orleans and LA out entirely yet. KC looks like they could easily show up in Vegas in a tough 3-3 spot and maybe a bit shook. 

Edited by ronjon1990

There was a lot to not like about this game from the Ravens but they were still one bad throw from Lamar away from going for 2 to beat the Chiefs.  

I will not respect the NFL until they start calling Jawaan Taylor for every penalty.  There are holds by the line and CBs almost every single play and they are active play penalties so you let some stuff go.  Formation fouls are checked before every single play so there is zero excuse to not call it every single time.  To make my point I would line up a DE that plays over him every single play in nuetral zone when he does it.  I would let the media, officials, NFL, and anyone else who would listen know that I was going to do it before the game.  If they are worried about the game being slowed down then I guess they will have to let it slide for us also.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

I drafted Likely in the last round of my fantasy draft as my back up tight end.  That is what I call value!  He was obviously on my bench tonight but he's on my roster and will be a top WW claim!

He is gone in all leagues I am in.

1 minute ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

Worthy looks great in that offense. But what’s more worrisome for me, I think Rice might take that next step to being a bonafide #1 for them. Which sucks because I believe Kelce is finally starting to slow down.

Hollywood/Rice/Worthy/Kelce/Pacheco is going to be so good this year.

21 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

Can you make another one of your deals where you promise to permanently vacation your account? That really raised the stakes last year. 

What was the wager last season?

Are you still hating on 2x MVP Lamar 

3 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

Baltimore didn't do anything I found particularly special on the field and almost overcame a ton of penalties and bad coaching. 

Also relevant for our home game against KC. They look beatable with decent, clean, steady play.  Catching them coming off a grinder vs SF, we could find them sleepwalking. They won, but they didn't look "great". Cincy and SF could deal them some early blows, and I wouldn't count New Orleans and LA out entirely yet. KC looks like they could easily show up in Vegas in a tough 3-3 spot and maybe a bit shook. 

Ravens looked like they are going to struggle anytime they are not in front.  The Cheifs looked ordinary with a couple great individual efforts.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

The Ravens are going to absolutely boat race us next week, lol

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

What was the wager last season?

Are you still hating on 2x MVP Lamar 

A 2x MVP QB shouldn't miss the throws he missed tonight and cost his team thr game, so...yeah I think Lamar is still a 1 trick pony who will never make it to a Superbowl and probably falls flat as the seasonal wear and tear catches up to the only thing he's actually good at. 

3 minutes ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

Worthy looks great in that offense. But what’s more worrisome for me, I think Rice might take that next step to being a bonafide #1 for them. Which sucks because I believe Kelce is finally starting to slow down.

I do not know how Rice is even on the field right now.  NFL got real soft when it was a Cheifs player. They already set the precedent that they do not need to wait for the courts to come to a decision.  They have pictures.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, drfrey13 said:

I do not know how Rice is even on the field right now.  NFL got real soft when it was a Cheifs player. They already set the precedent that they do not need to wait for the courts to come to a decision.  They have pictures.  

I've hit a point where I don't even care anymore. 

The league (and courts) have made a complete mockery of justice, both in their own way when it comes to off-field issues. 

First hand experience will do that to ya. I had a case against a pro athlete get torpedoed out from under me while with a district attorney's office on more than one occasion. They get to play by different rules, and it won't change until the public decides to actually care. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, ronjon1990 said:

A 2x MVP QB shouldn't miss the throws he missed tonight and cost his team thr game, so...yeah I think Lamar is still a 1 trick pony who will never make it to a Superbowl and probably falls flat as the seasonal wear and tear catches up to the only thing he's actually good at. 

The throw to Flowers hurt.  Most college QBs make that throw.  Lamar has a hard time with pressure and can not thread the needle.  When windows get tight or there is to much pressure he has a hard time making those throws.  If the Ravens were up by a TD he makes the 2 previous throws.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ronjon1990 said:

I've hit a point where I don't even care anymore. 

The league (and courts) have made a complete mockery of justice, both in their own way when it comes to off-field issues. 

First hand experience will do that to ya. I had a case against a pro athlete get torpedoed out from under me while with a district attorney's office on more than one occasion. They get to play by different rules, and it won't change until the public decides to actually care. 

I get the court situation.  It is the NFL policies that same to change depending on the player and/or team they play for.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, drfrey13 said:

The throw to Flowers hurt.  Most college QBs make that throw.  Lamar has a hard time with pressure and can not thread the needle.  When windows get tight or there is to much pressure he has a hard time making those throws.  If the Ravens were up by a TD he makes the 2 previous throws.

The Flowers throw, the 1st Likely throw, one of the times he bailed, someone (I believe Andrews) had a step pr 2 on his guy). 

Lamar has proven he's not going to make any progress as a passer no matter how much they invest in weapons for him. 

He's very good at what he's good at. The Ravens would be far better off focusing their efforts into the OL and RBs. Drafting WRs is pointless for them. Throw extra tight ends out wide for blocking and the odd dump off, and see what you cam do. 

4 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

I get the court situation.  It is the NFL policies that same to change depending on the player and/or team they play for.

Oh absolutely. 

The NFL and NFLPA can both take a walk on the sun in that regard, for all I care lol. 

Mockery of personal conduct policies, mockery of how unions should operate. 

• Like 2