Around The League

Jerry

8 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

if I was the Raiders I would offer a 4th. Worse case you get a QB2. Who knows, could shine down the road with Tae and Brock. you can't tell me this guy doesn't have a little potential. 

This highlight package shows you exactly why he is toast. He can't make these plays out of structure in the NFL where the speed is faster and the windows smaller. He's not athletic enough and doesn't have the arm talent. Most DEs are faster than him.

He can't win from the pocket. Which is why he's throwing jump passes from his toes.

Panthers are not well ran and the roster needs some work, but Young isn't it. 

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

This highlight package shows you exactly why he is toast. He can't make these plays out of structure in the NFL where the speed is faster and the windows smaller. He's not athletic enough and doesn't have the arm talent. Most DEs are faster than him.

He can't win from the pocket. Which is why he's throwing jump passes from his toes.

Panthers are not well ran and the roster needs some work, but Young isn't it. 

The fact that Josh McDaniels wanted him back, then showed me back then that he didn't know how to evaluate the quarterback and got lucky with Brady. 

As far as Young is concerned, he is what I mean by you don't just go out and take a quarterback when you don't have the other stuff in place to build around. And I don't even say that from the perspective that Yung would've been better on another team, I say it from the perspective that quarterbacks like him are always going to be propped up in the draft process because of the romanticism of quarterbacks the draft. And people want to trade up to do this.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jeremy408 said:

The fact that Josh McDaniels wanted him back, then showed me back then that he didn't know how to evaluate the quarterback and got lucky with Brady. 

As far as Young is concerned, he is what I mean by you don't just go out and take a quarterback when you don't have the other stuff in place to build around. And I don't even say that from the perspective that Yung would've been better on another team, I say it from the perspective that quarterbacks like him are always going to be propped up in the draft process because of the romanticism of quarterbacks the draft. And people want to trade up to do this.

Young is ane example of what is wrong currently with the draft when it comes to QBs. His size and lack of elite traits screams day 3 pick, but teams are overlooking it all because of the desperation to get a franchise QB.

6 QBs taken in 2024 is the "jumped the shark" moment for QBs in my opinion. When this group is >50% bust rate, teams may look at that say we need to reevaluate what the heck we are doing here. 

Defenses have sorted out how to eat these young QBs alive now. They need development they are not getting because of where they are drafted. OCs are dumbing down their offenses to meet these guys where they are at (except for Sean Peyton lol) and it's having a negative effect on offenses as a whole. 

29 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Young is ane example of what is wrong currently with the draft when it comes to QBs. His size and lack of elite traits screams day 3 pick, but teams are overlooking it all because of the desperation to get a franchise QB.

6 QBs taken in 2024 is the "jumped the shark" moment for QBs in my opinion. When this group is >50% bust rate, teams may look at that say we need to reevaluate what the heck we are doing here. 

Defenses have sorted out how to eat these young QBs alive now. They need development they are not getting because of where they are drafted. OCs are dumbing down their offenses to meet these guys where they are at (except for Sean Peyton lol) and it's having a negative effect on offenses as a whole. 

Here's the thing I wouldn't even say just that. Isn't a lot of ways what ruined the quarterback market is that every once in a while, it works when there's an anomaly that comes up like a Patrick Mahomes, or a Josh Allen or a Kyler Murray. so it's pretty much gotten to a point where the scouting is gotten lazy and people just look for people that have certain traits that they have like having a big arm and being able to move around a little bit. If you have those trades and you mightve had a little bit of success in college(or you were on a team that won games because winning has become a quarterback stat somehow) then you're automatically considered a franchise quarterback, which means any team that doesn't have 100% concrete quarterback situation needs to draft you especially if they have a top 15 pick. 

That's how you end up with Bo Nick or JJ McCarthy. Bryce Young situation is just getting blown up more so because they had to trade up to also get him. 

On the flipside, I actually respect how Tom Telesco was able to take advantage of the early demand for quarterbacks in the top 10 to get a top five player in the entire draft at 13. That's how you build a franchise. I also thought it was impressive that he was able to evaluate corner. Well enough to realize none of them were worth a top 15 pick. 

Edited by Jeremy408
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, big_palooka said:

You talking out you’re a** again lol. Bryce can make all the throws. He has a good arm and was accurate with anticipation in college. I think his ceiling is limited because of his size. He wouldn’t be the first QB to need a new team and thrive. I think his ceiling is a Tua level starting QB. Maybe better because he is more mobile.  He would need stars around him to shine. I think he can be better, he’s still only 23. Being around Brock and Tae would be amazing for Bryce. A day 3 pick is worth the gamble 

Edited by Humble_Beast

2 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

You talking out you’re a** again lol. Bryce can make all the throws. He has a good arm and was accurate with anticipation in college. I think his ceiling is limited because of his size. He wouldn’t be the first QB to need a new team and thrive. I think his ceiling is a Tua level starting QB. Maybe better because he is more mobile.  He would need stars around him to shine. I think he can be better, he’s still only 23. Being around Brock and Tae would be amazing for Bryce. A day 3 pick is worth the gamble 

This isn't college. He's shown he can't make the throws needed in the NFL. His arm is mid. He has no deep ball. You have to win from the pocket in the NFL and he can't because of his size. He can't get the ball out on schedule, because he can't see the field. And he's not athletic enough to win outside the pocket consistently. 

Day 3 pick (round 5) sure take a flyer. I have no issue with that if you want to do it. But I don't think he's worth much or will be successful.