Boston College Head Coach Jeff Hafley is Packers New DC

2024 DC Search  

75 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you WANT to be the next DC?

• Jeff Hafley
    • Jim Leonhard
    • Wink Martindale
    • Ejiro Evero
    • Christian Parker
    • Zach Orr
    • Jesse Minter
    • Anthony Weaver
    • Chris Hewitt
    • Al Harris
    • Larry Foote
    • Aden Durde
    • Dennard Wilson
    • Aubrey Pleasant
    • Brandon Staley
    • Joe Barry
    • Bobby Babich
    • Mike Vrabel
    • Leslie Frazier
    • Chris Harris

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/01/2024 at 01:07 AM

1 minute ago, wisportsfan4 said:

Doesn’t he run the same system as Barry??

He got fired, so can't really sit here and tell you exactly what he'll run. I'm sure there will be some Fangio principles for sure, but has he used the last few months to reflect on what didn't work? Not sure.

My bigger concern is he lost the players at the end in LA. 

As the LAR DC and the first year in LAC, he was the next big thing though, so it's worth talking to him. Just an interview at the end of the day.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

He got fired, so can't really sit here and tell you exactly what he'll run. I'm sure there will be some Fangio principles for sure, but has he used the last few months to reflect on what didn't work? Not sure.

My bigger concern is he lost the players at the end in LA. 

As the LAR DC and the first year in LAC, he was the next big thing though, so it's worth talking to him. Just an interview at the end of the day.

The losing the locker room was the first thing to come to mind for me that would be concerning. 

4 minutes ago, Isherwood said:

Yeah, Rob Demovsky reported that Staley was "not on the shortlist" or something like that. Ol' Bob Demo got worked over on that scoop. 

I think his exact word were « not the leading candidate ». Gives him a bit more leeway about being right or wrong 

• Like 1

Just now, Zing said:

The losing the locker room was the first thing to come to mind for me that would be concerning. 

It also coincided with them losing their QB the week before, so it's questionable whether the blame entirely falls on him, but definitely a question I would ask in an interview. 

28 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

Kind of funny that the poll of who we "want" has 20 names, and the first guy reported to interview for the job isn't on it.

Yes! 🤣

I haven't voted yet. I cant decide between some candidates at the moment. However very surprised to see Chris Hewitt taking the lead when Anthony Weaver is probably the best person on the Ravens defensive staff to hire.

Edited by Chili
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

Kind of funny that the poll of who we "want" has 20 names, and the first guy reported to interview for the job isn't on it.

Reminds me of prepping for Ted Thompson drafts…. 🥲 #MissYouTempson

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

And he was the only concrete name reported on and was named as someone we would not have interest in lol

The fact Staley is the first interview gives me confidence. When hiring you want to warm up and brush up your interviewing skills and techniques. Get that one out of the way and get comfortable interviewing the real candidates.

Edited by Chili
  • Like 1