Justin Jefferson: JJets cleared for takeoff for 5 years (New contract! p.10)

vike daddy

jjettas2

The money speakin for itself, I call it fortune-tell🤫

posted by Jefferson after appearing at a Timberwolves game, wearing an expensive diva blinged out jacket. does this mean his extension is complete, or nearly complete...?

4 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

jjettas2

The money speakin for itself, I call it fortune-tell🤫

posted by Jefferson after appearing at a Timberwolves game, wearing an expensive diva blinged out jacket. does this mean his extension is complete, or nearly complete...?

Considering how close they were last year, I'd have to think it'll be done really soon.  The overall money has probably already been settled, it's probably simply about the guaranteed portion and some of the legal clauses.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, swede700 said:

Considering how close they were last year, I'd have to think it'll be done really soon.  The overall money has probably already been settled, it's probably simply about the guaranteed portion and some of the legal clauses.

Legal Clause. Santa’s evil twin. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, vike daddy said:

Kwesi is pretty much a non media attention seeking guy, but i wonder if it's part of his plan to announce Jefferson's new contract tomorrow...

since we won't be drafting anyone!

I was secretly hoping he was going to announce the new contract during Green Bay's selection last night...just to tick off the Packer fans!!!

• Like 1

Vikings General Manager Kwesi Adofo-Mensah said that there has been progress and that the two sides paused talks because both the Vikings and Jefferson’s representatives had other business to attend to during the draft.

Adofo-Mensah said that was OK because the team wants the spotlight solely on Jefferson once the deal does come to fruition.

Kwesi: “Either way, whenever we sign him, we want Justin to have his whole week. You know that friend that has a birthday that takes the month? I think Justin would deserve his whole month if we signed a contract to celebrate it. We’re excited to work towards it. We’re going to keep going. You can’t have all these plans when you talk about all these visions and not talk about the king linchpin, so we’re going to keep working toward that end goal.”

Adofo-Mensah and Jefferson’s reps will have plenty to discuss as the same firm represents both Jefferson and first-round quarterback J.J. McCarthy.

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/kwesi-adofo-mensah-on-justin-jefferson-contract-cant-make-plans-without-king-linchpin

On 4/26/2024 at 5:38 PM, Old Guy said:

Hoping it's for 40 a year as a Packer fan! 😁

I too enjoy watching him torch Jaire Alexander. 😉

But seriously, with the way WR contracts are going, he's looking for 35 a year at least.

Kwesi: “I will say that, yeah, I don’t view this as stressful at all, and I don’t personally think there’s going to be a bad ending. Obviously, you get to this place where you get talking about a unique talent, a unique player, a unique competitor, and an organization that wants to make right by him.”

Adofo-Mensah’s optimism has been high for a while now. From the team not including Jefferson’s name in any trade negotiations to admitting he deserves a “whole month” to celebrate his new contract, they have made it clear he is the star of this franchise, and he will be rewarded as such.

https://vikingswire.usatoday.com/2024/05/03/vikings-gm-doesnt-see-a-bad-ending-to-justin-jefferson-negotiations/?utm_campaign=trueanthem&utm_medium=trueanthem&utm_source=facebook&fbclid=IwZXh0bgNhZW0CMTEAAR1ZWSWXAuN1qGPuw3xoBm-CxcGUusHkLh0yyDIQy-Vn7hfwTQDXqG0Cp50_aem_AcSi-NqtzosaHiRkFCOkp4IrBkET4cCz8YDzW2or4OfNIOC4flQLRzeQUG7FJVIOhtdxh48baT6SLJFeF-nt0Bkk

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, wcblack34 said:

That's so crazy. Outside of the 1986 team, the Bears have been horrendous for 70 years. Talk about getting by on name recognition alone.

The Super Bowl was in 1986, but that was the '85 Bears.  The '86 Bears lost their first game in the playoffs.  😂

There's a reason the Bears have always been known as a defensive team...they haven't developed a QB or WR practically ever. We'll see if they can do it this time...but I certainly have reservations because their HC is a defensive guy. And Shane Waldron is a fine OC, but, he's not exactly a developer of QBs either. Not a single coach there has ever developed a young QB. Doesn't mean they can't do it, but this will really be their first opportunity. 

Either way, it's not really fair to compare a Bears' WR from the 1960s to a WR today.  Especially when you look at the Vikings' leading WR from the 1960s, Paul Flatley, only had 3200 yds receiving.  It should also be noted that part of the reason that Morris is still leading is that the Bears hardly ever sign a WR to a second contract.  Jeffery would have easily surpassed Morris, but the Bears did what the Bears did..alienate their players (Jeffery also didn't help himself with the suspension).

Edited by swede700
  • Like 1