Super Bowl LVIII: Kansas City Chiefs vs. San Francisco 49ers

Chiefs or 49ers  

87 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins Super Bowl 58?

• Chiefs
    • 49ers

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/11/2024 at 11:30 PM

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

I've mentioned it before in the villains thread, but the niners are a very unlikeable team off the field if you're not a fan. It's easy to love the way a lot of the guys play, but they talk a lot off the field. And they all have some opinions to say the least. Deebo does kay Adams like every week. Kyle is just like one giant arrogant ego. Dre and Warner have had some dirty moments on the field. 

And they've never actually won anything

This might just sound silly, I don't know, but that's honestly kind of dangerous against this particular opponent. KC really feeds off that stuff. Like, petty Mahomes is a common phrase thrown around KC Twitter, because I'm like 90% sure he watches all of that stuff and internalizes it. He's had little celebrations and gestures in response to narratives during the week. His trainer retweets stuff non-stop of experts picking against KC or having him low in their rankings. Kelce and Mahomes both responded to the boos last night. They don't add to the noise, but they unquestionably hear it and get motivated by it.

Like, this is the kind of thing I would be immensely skeptical of if I hadn't watched it for a few years now, but KC is not the team you want to give bulletin board material too. They really get into it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Forge said:

Frankly, the 49ers were much better all year. 

The chiefs have been clearly better the last two weeks. 

Not sure which you should weigh more heavily. The chiefs may be entering that part of their dynasty where the regular season doesn't mean that much because it's just going through the motions for them. 

This is a perfect summary. Body of work is San Fran, recent history is KC. Which you buy into I think is honestly a question of how much you believe KC did in fact just go through the motions for a bit then turn it on when it mattered. I don't normally think that's a thing, at least in football, but if it ever was, it was this team this year. Felt very NBA. Make the tournament and worry about playing hard then.

3 minutes ago, Jakuvious said:

This might just sound silly, I don't know, but that's honestly kind of dangerous against this particular opponent. KC really feeds off that stuff. Like, petty Mahomes is a common phrase thrown around KC Twitter, because I'm like 90% sure he watches all of that stuff and internalizes it. He's had little celebrations and gestures in response to narratives during the week. His trainer retweets stuff non-stop of experts picking against KC or having him low in their rankings. Kelce and Mahomes both responded to the boos last night. They don't add to the noise, but they unquestionably hear it and get motivated by it.

Like, this is the kind of thing I would be immensely skeptical of if I hadn't watched it for a few years now, but KC is not the team you want to give bulletin board material too. They really get into it.

i would not want my guys to talk. I think there's no reason to add that kind of variable. 

However, I wouldn't doubt that some guys use their own smack talk to fuel their game. Like, it wouldn't surprise me if Deebo needs to talk his s*** to really get amped. He talked a whole lot of stuff about Philly, and was definitely feeling a certain way about that whole situation, and then I'll have to give him credit....he went out there and did it. So I wouldn't be a surprise if there's a type of person that needs to do that type of stuff or it knocks them off balance. 

1 minute ago, diehardlionfan said:

On those lucky trips do you get free champagne?

Yes, but because it's a lucky trip and not an earned trip, they don't give you the good stuff. You get the Korbel California Champagne or sparkling wine rather than actual stuff from Champagne. 

It's harsh, but fair. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Forge said:

Yes, but because it's a lucky trip and not an earned trip, they don't give you the good stuff. You get the Korbel California Champagne or sparkling wine rather than actual stuff from Champagne. 

It's harsh, but fair. 

Good to know.

1 hour ago, Jakuvious said:

I don't think anybody said anything in particular about this game except for Bosa's "they like to hold" comments about the tackles

The one game the Niners were chirping on all season was the Eagles game which to their credit they backed it up 

3 hours ago, Forge said:

Pretty sure that was always the case, but doesn't appear to changing

Though definitely not a Thuney level player, I'm a firm believer that Nick Allegretti can man, pretty much, any interior spot and make it not a weak point. Been hearing since the get go that Thuney was a long shot

• Like 1

On 1/29/2024 at 12:03 PM, Forge said:

Young has to actually show up for the game first 

You would think since he wants to be paid, that he'd play harder. I was hoping we could keep him next year, but at this point, not so much. As far as this game, we are winning the Bowl this year!

• Like 1

How come the media never points out that the Chiefs could be the first repeat NFL champion in 19 years? Are they so obsessed with Taylor Swift that they forgot who won the Super Bowl last year? The first time I heard it mentioned was last night, and even then it was a player that brought it up -- that being Travis Kelce.

4 hours ago, Forge said:

Pretty sure that was always the case, but doesn't appear to changing

Based on Reid's overall comments, I'm guessing Toney, Thuney, and McKinnon are all not going to play.

39 minutes ago, Jakuvious said:

Based on Reid's overall comments, I'm guessing Toney, Thuney, and McKinnon are all not going to play.

Just play Toney, damnit. 

What's the worst that could happen?