Super Bowl: San Francisco 49ers vs Kansas City Chiefs

Just now, Forge said:

Cam Akers tore his achilles and came back in the playoffs that year....so I suppose there 's  chance he starts on pup and comes back mid season....but I'll just say that for linebackers especially, Achilles tears are a 2 year thing. I wouldn't expect him to come back and be really good next year if he did come back. 

And that's more important than when he returns. We need Dre to be his normal self and not just be on the field. Graham or Winters will need to step up. We can sign Al-Shaair who is a FA lol. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

And that's more important than when he returns. We need Dre to be his normal self and not just be on the field. Graham or Winters will need to step up. We can sign Al-Shaair who is a FA lol. 

Oh, we should absolutely bring back Al-Shaair. I totally forgot he was a ufa. 

4 minutes ago, Forge said:

Oh, we should absolutely bring back Al-Shaair. I totally forgot he was a ufa. 

He was at the NFCCG, as a spectator if memeory serves me correct.

I can definitely see a scenario where that might be the play.

Edited by 757-NINER
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, 757-NINER said:

Mahomes has three SB wins in the blink of an eye and we've been stuck on five for 30 years now.

That's some bull****....

I mean is it? That's how it works usually for dynasties. Montana got three within 10 years, Brady got three before the age 30, same with Aikman and now Mahomes. 

We just have to keep putting ourselves in position to compete and then hopefully we breakthrough one of these years. Time is ticking with this core though. 

The game was there for the taking. 49ers just made too many damn mistakes....

Shaky Jake Moody's missed XP allowed the Chiefs to get into OT
Ray-Ray McCloud's muffed punt spotted the Chiefs a TD. 
The offensive player of the freaking year fumbled deep in enemy territory and took 3+ points off the board.

Edited by Herodreamer79
  • Like 4

Just now, Herodreamer79 said:

The the offensive player of the freaking year fumbled deep in enemy territory and took 3+ points off the board.

To be clear, ray ray did the right thing. Wasn't a muff by him. The punt hit someone (I think luter) and was a live ball. He had to go after it. He just couldn't recover it

But yeah, lots of self inflicted wounds

• Like 1

Just now, Herodreamer79 said:

The the offensive player of the freaking year fumbled deep in enemy territory and took 3+ points off the board.

Last year the Chiefs won with a fumble return for TD and a big punt return that took it inside the 15 yard line. They made mistakes today but they really take advantage of big STs plays. Just a cleaner team overall and that's exactly how the Patriots used to be. 

• Like 1

Just now, Forge said:

To be clear, ray ray did the right thing. Wasn't a muff by him. The punt hit someone (I think luter) and was a live ball. He had to go after it. He just couldn't recover it

But yeah, lots of self inflicted wounds

You're right. my bad... but a muffed punt all the same. 

This was a really rough one and tensions are high but I really want to say my piece before I go to sleep tonight.

On February 10 2023 my dad died. He was an immigrant from Colombia and couldn't even speak english when he got to America. The first night he got here he was in a hotel in San Francisco when he turned on the TV and the 49ers were playing. He couldn't understand the language. He didn't know the rules. But he saw Joe Montana playing and understood immediately what a gorgeous game football is and the type of player Joe was. He instantly fell in love with the game and raised me as a 49ers fan.

Now I'm 27. I've never watched us win a superbowl.

I've been lurking on this forum since I was around 10 years old. Visiting pretty much every day. I genuinely can't stress enough how formative you guys have been in my life. It's actually pretty embarrassing to admit but reading all these posts and occasionally commenting has meant a great deal to me. This little corner of the internet is one of the few bright spots outside of the dumpster fire that is the rest of the fandom sometimes. I'm uneducated (no fault of anyone but my own, I was just never a fit for the education system). I ended up joining the Marine Corps, getting out, and am now a security contractor. Even when I'm in Iraq or Jordan under heavy stress from my job I'll stay up to 3 in the morning to watch these games and read your comments.

I really wanted us to win this one. For my dad. For the team. And for myself. It didn't work out. But I'm never going to give up on this team. I've mentioned before but I really do believe that football(and life in general) is a game we're an incredible amount of luck is involved. What of that ball hadn't bounced off Luter's foot? What if Dre and Feliciano didn't get hurt? What if just one of those fumbles had bounced our way? Now I don't want to say we lost solely because we were unlucky. We didn't. We had several missed opportunities to say the least. We should never have let the game be that close in the first place. But I trust this team to do it. I'll trust them until they don't trust themselves. If the day finally comes when the team doesn't believe they can win that'll be the day I think we need to seriously start over. We just need to keep pressing forwards and eventually in that one moment the ball will bounce our way or the opponents will muff a punt. One day we'll perfectly execute our gameplan for 60 minutes. And we'll get ours. We just need to continue creating these opportunities to put us in contention and through a mixture of skill, discipline, and heart we're gonna win.

We all have our weakness. Shanny is an incredible coach who gets way too in his head sometimes. Our players played their hearts out but in key moments they made grevious errors that cost us the game. The team failed to capitalize on must have opportunities. But that's OK. This sport is the highest of highs and the lowest of lows. But it'll make it that much sweeter when the moment finally does come. This year's journey was a fun one and I can't wait to talk about the off season and try it all over again next season. After all it just a game and no matter the score we were going to have to deal with this whole circus that is the NFL again next year. As important and meaningful as this game was to me and everyone else here that's just life. It comes with it's ups and downs but as long as I'm having fun doing it, it doesn't really matter.

Sorry for the long rambling post but I just had to talk about it. Thanks fellas and hope yall enjoyed the ride.

• Like 11

7 NFCCG appearances and 3 SB appearances in 12 years with two completely different teams/coaches. Just insane how close this team has been but has never finished the job. I'll be honest, losses like this one hurt but not like the ones in the past and that's because I'm numb to it by now lol. 

Just sucks football is done for 7 months. At least we have early picks in the draft this year. 

Edited by J-ALL-DAY
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

7 NFCCG appearances and 3 SB appearances in 12 years with two completly different teams/coaches. Just insane how close this team has been but has never finished the job. I'll be honest, losses like this one hurt but not like the ones in the past and that's because I'm numb to it by now lol. 

Just sucks football is done for 7 months. At least we have early picks in the draft this year. 

The playoff win percentage stat posted in NFL Gen will make you sad lol. Everyone with with a playoff win percentage at or above the niners over the last 25 years has at least two super bowl wins lol