Super Bowl: San Francisco 49ers vs Kansas City Chiefs

10 minutes ago, Forge said:

I'm not saying this to be overly negative, but if this team loses by one score, remember the way Kyle ended the half. He will get excoriated for it and deservedly so. He willingly gave up a possession 

Totally disagree. He forced the Chiefs to abandon the run game. I thought it was smart, made them one dimensional. Potentially kept them out of the end zone in my opinion. 

Just now, straighthate said:

Totally disagree. He forced the Chiefs to abandon the run game. I thought it was smart, made them one dimensional. Potentially kept them out of the end zone in my opinion. 

They ran on the second to last play. They passed on third because it was third and 5 which is standard. 

13 minutes ago, Forge said:

I'm not saying this to be overly negative, but if this team loses by one score, remember the way Kyle ended the half. He will get excoriated for it and deservedly so. He willingly gave up a possession 

This team sucks when opponents know we must throw it and get downfield quickly. 

WE don't have the pass pro OL for it. 

• Like 2

Just now, oldman9er said:

This team sucks when opponents know we must throw it and get downfield quickly. 

WE don't have the pass pro OL for it. 

That wasn't going to be an issue to go 40 yards for a FG attempt. They weren't going to have to go 80 yards in 50 seconds

I really need the niners to understand what's on the line here. 

It can be the greatest coordinating mocking effort of a sports writer we have ever seen. 

We can't let Ruiz off the hook

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Forge said:

They ran on the second to last play. They passed on third because it was third and 5 which is standard. 

True. I think it affected play calling. They would have had to call time outs if they got a first. I’d have to go through play by play (after the game when second guessing) cuz I don’t remember each play by play right now due to a few beverages, but forcing the chiefs to call time out and be mindful of the clock kept them from running their full offense in my opinion. 

2 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

We have been great on offense in the first two games after halftime. Need another big performance. The defense has to hold and allow three at most on this drive. 

Crossing my fingers for a big second half. Have beaten this drum the last two weeks lol

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

Crossing my fingers for a big second half. Have beaten this drum the last two weeks lol

If only it was as easy as using the regular season to predict the future lol. Pretty sure we were one of the best 2nd half scoring offenses and the Chiefs were bottom 3 in that category.

• Like 1

Damn. Really need a clean half just to have a chance to win. 

Even with the D playing lights out, I'd be surprised if the Chiefs don't get 3 at worst on their first 2nd half drive. 

Edited by TecmoSuperJoe
  • Like 1