The Commanders Head Coaching Thread - Commanders hire Dan Quinn, Dallas Cowboys DC

14 minutes ago, offbyone said:

To me this whole thing is a huge black eye for Harris and his search committee.  They targeted Johnson like it was a done deal but he didn't even take the in person interview.  They should have at least had a clue this was a strong possibility after the first interview.  Harris and company failed to read the room. 

You will know they really blew it if they start interviewing new candidates.  If we end up with Quinn I am going to be pissed.

I think this is a bad/wrong take. The media is the only ones that spoke about Ben Johnson being a primary target. John Keim made very pointed comments about it not being a sure thing. Who knows who the teams #1 target is? The fact that every single candidate is being treated the same is encouraging to me. I sure hope we don't hire a retread (not named Vrabel), but I like that we didn't just fall in love with a candidate and make a rash decision.

1 minute ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

JP Finlay 

Gotta think the Eugene Shen ties to Mike Macdonald could really start to matter here. Also @RapSheet said how impressed teams have been with Macdonald, one of those teams could be Washington

Please football god! MacDonald was the next best thing to Ben Johnson for me. Please don't let us walk away with Dan Quinn. 

• Like 2

Albert Breer

Texans OC Bobby Slowik has agreed to a new deal in Houston within the past few days, one that includes a significant raise, per sources.  Slowik impressed multiple NFL clubs thru the interview process.

But he's sticking in Houston. He'll be a hot name in 2025.

Less and less options 

Edited by ARTMONK HOF
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, DaWg_LB. said:

Yeah I just heard that on 106.7 the Fan B-Mitch and Finley........

When I heard that dude backed out, while the Brass was in Flight to interview him...AFTER PATIENTLY waiting on him to be free for an Interview......that's a lil Dity..... 

yeah that’s my sentement but onto the next. Sometimes you get blessed not getting your top choice!!! Onto Macdonald for me

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

Albert Breer

Texans OC Bobby Slowik has agreed to a new deal in Houston within the past few days, one that includes a significant raise, per sources.  Slowik impressed multiple NFL clubs thru the interview process.

But he's sticking in Houston. He'll be a hot name in 2025.

Less and less options 

Well that’s not good 

Just now, ARTMONK HOF said:

Mike Macdonald 

Aaron Glenn

Dan Quinn

Eric Bienemy

Anthony Weaver

- Not a stellar field 

I mean Macdonald is the 2nd hottest name this offseason arguably. You get him it’s fine. 

2 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

I mean Macdonald is the 2nd hottest name this offseason arguably 

He was my first choice for HC when all this started but after him, NOT GOOD! Need to bring in Tress for the guys after MM. 

Edited by ARTMONK HOF
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

I wonder if hiring MacDonald would push us in the direction of Jayden Daniels?

Just say that’s the case. Here’s your possible options:

Mike Macdonald/Jayden Daniels

Dan Quinn/Drake Maye

Which are you choosing?

Hopefully tomorrow we know something. What bothers me the most is while I’m glad they’re taking their time who is down in Mobile? Our scouts? Like Peter’s needs to be in Mobile. Mobile is a hot bed for players hitting in the draft due too time and things you learn about a player down there. I’m happy we got our guy in the GM hire but with him having to rely on a staff he hasn’t worked with this is a critical event too be missing. Especially when some of the best players they’ve picked at his last stop came from this event!! I don’t care about Johnson. That’s on him. But this team needs to hit it out the park this offseason on every asset they possibly can. The lack of urgency on this coaching search I think has me thinking it’s more likely they’re trading back. Too not have a big contingent and your HC in Mobile is really crazy too me. The seniorbowl is priceless time for teams and players. And there are juniors like King my top CB prospect. Idk this is just worrying me. Get your guy and get down there!!!

• Like 1