The Commanders Head Coaching Thread - Commanders hire Dan Quinn, Dallas Cowboys DC

2 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

It doesn’t matter how well or how poorly Aaron Glenn has coached a defense.  What matters to me is that Glenn is a leader, and if they find that in him, I can overlook some of his results.  

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/sports/nfl/lions/2024/01/04/detroit-lions-aaron-glenn-ranked-top-coordinator-in-nfl-player-survey/72109036007/

Players seem to want to play for Glenn.  After Club Jay and how Rivera hung players out to dry, this is the kind of coach we want to have.  You also see his defenses have made incremental improvements over the past three years, and he provided one of the best defenses against the run this year.  

Eh... that was the same stuff they said about Rivera. I believe you have to both talk the talk AND walk the walk. Don't just tell me how you are going to fix things, come in with a detailed plan so I can actually visualize the changes. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MKnight82 said:

The other jobs are filling up though. Even if we get our HC we're kind of late to the game to fill out the staff. I hope we don't get stuck with Eric B returning as OC at this point. 

It took me 10 minutes to sift through a couple Reddit posts and articles about up and coming young offensive minds yesterday to present in another thread.  NFL coaches have a much better grasp and understanding of those in their Rolodex than I do.  

1 minute ago, Slappy Mc said:

Eh... that was the same stuff they said about Rivera. I believe you have to both talk the talk AND walk the walk. Don't just tell me how you are going to fix things, come in with a detailed plan so I can actually visualize the changes. 

I trust Harris and Peters to make the call on that detailed plan over Snyder, who just wanted someone to carry the water for him.  

• Like 1

Saw this on reddit:

"if someone told me before the offseason we could only have one of Adam Peters or Ben Johnson, I would’ve picked Adam all day everyday."

I agree with that. Makes me feel a little better. 

From the Peters thread: 

As for a potential OC for McDonald, I’ve got some: 

Kevin Pautollo, Passing Game Coordinator Eagles- huge in the development of Jalen Hurts 

Jake Peetz, Passing Game Coordinator Rams- someone from the McVay family who is now getting interview requests from teams who just hired head coaches 

Tanner Engstrand, Passing Game Coordinator Lions- probably going to get a lot of background on him by interviewing Johnson and Glenn, why not take someone from the Lions if you go McDonald? 

Ben McDaniels, WR Coach and PGC Texans- Josh’s little brother, has had a couple different NFL stints but played a huge role in the Texans turning things around this year and survived some awful head coaches. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MKnight82 said:

Ya it almost reeks of his agent and him saving face by announcing he's "staying" with the Lions. Who passes up a HC job two years in a row? I'm not saying he had to come here but you think he should have taken a job somewhere. These opportunities might not be there forever. 

This is an EXCELLENT Point.....think about all the "HOT ISH" coaches that lost their luster after a year or two.......Whatever happened to Patrick Graham being a HOT candidate, Dave Taub, John DeFillipo, Mike McCoy, Perry Fewell, Winston Moss, Byron Leftwhich, the college guys David Shaw and Matt Campbell? The NFL can grow fickle very quickly....

• Like 1

What does an O C get paid vs the H C ? a quarter . a fifth- less , more.. This is really hard to fathom .

My min research says about a fifth ! who turns down that kind of pay upgrade. His wife should be going WTH were you thinking? And you get outta Detroit - hhmm, maybe the girlfriend lives there - all I can figure . That's powerful .😁

https://x.com/NickiJhabvala/status/1752415369690583426?s=20

It’s absolutely a fair equivalent. The dude had two winning seasons in 6 years with a top 10 QB. Quinn and Rivera are mirror images of each other. Hiring Quinn is basically saying you aren’t serious about winning. The same thing we did when we hired Rivera. If you run this long drawn out process and ultimately land on Quinn I’ll start worrying about this teams future under Harris and Peters. 

4 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

What does an O C get paid vs the H C ? a quarter . a fifth- less , more.. This is really hard to fathom .

My min research says about a fifth ! who turns down that kind of pay upgrade. His wife should be going WTH were you thinking? And you get outta Detroit - hhmm, maybe the girlfriend lives there - all I can figure . That's powerful .😁

I mean, is it possible the dude just has anxiety issues? 

3 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

Reports were claiming he wanted 15M/year. 

The internet told me he made just under 2M as an OC for Detroit. 

Money isn't everything.

6 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

Reports were claiming he wanted 15M/year. 

The internet told me he made just under 2M as an OC for Detroit. 

Money isn't everything.

Money don't buy everything that's true- what It won't buy I can't use -Give me MONEY ! That's what I want  ! 🤑

• Like 2