The Commanders Head Coaching Thread - Commanders hire Dan Quinn, Dallas Cowboys DC

3 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

So one thing I found interesting when doing a little digging is that he was pretty heavily involved with their OC search. 

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/team/coaches-roster/anthony-weaver

"Under Weaver's tutelage (2021-22), Baltimore's defensive front has contributed to the NFL's second-best run defense (88.3 ypg), No. 2-ranked third-down defense (34.9%) and fourth-overall red zone defense (50.0%).

Has guided the development of Ravens' young DLs Travis Jones, Justin Madubuike and Broderick Washington.

Helped lead Baltimore's 2023 offensive coordinator search, which yielded Todd Monken for the position.

Weaver has coached multiple Pro Bowlers, including J.J. Watt (2018) and Jadeveon Clowney (2016-18)."

I’m rooting for him to be our HC. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, aceinthehouse said:

I think they go the College route.

If not Deion Sanders, then someone at that level.

Which would excite me. I don't want some retread.

Oh my god, please no. 

6 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Maybe Josh Harris is going to coach the team

I think it was @RSkinGM who suggest Magic Johnson. Lol.

Funny thoughts, but I'm sure a HC will happen and the staff will get filled just fine. Unfortunately, EB might be staying, Mayhew is definitely staying and Hurney might be staying. 

I'm still on the "trust the process" plan, but hearing that no job offers were made and that they want to interview more candidates has me questioning more. 

7 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

Funny thoughts, but I'm sure a HC will happen and the staff will get filled just fine. Unfortunately, EB might be staying, Mayhew is definitely staying and Hurney might be staying. 

I'm still on the "trust the process" plan, but hearing that no job offers were made and that they want to interview more candidates has me questioning more. 

I just sort of expected more or better I suppose. I still can't see how landing on Quinn is ultimately a good thing? But whatever. 

16 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

No, not me my man. I did mention Jon Gruden and got shotdown real quick 😝

Love your trust the process optimism. Hope it works out . 

6 minutes ago, e16bball said:

Man, Ben Johnson really screwed us 😂

Maybe MacDonald wasn’t going to take our job anyway, but it sure would have been nice to be able to put on the full-court press while we had him here.

I can almost guarantee he wouldn't have gotten the 6-year deal that he got in Seattle. Adam Peters signed a 5 year deal and it is VERY uncommon, (I can't think of a single example) for the new HC to have a longer contract than the new GM. 

My guess is if we offered him a deal, it would have been a 5 year deal like Adam Peters' got. 

15 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

I just sort of expected more or better I suppose. I still can't see how landing on Quinn is ultimately a good thing? But whatever. 

Realistically, and I know a lot won't like thus, but Dan Quinn isn't a bad coach. He is certainly a better coach than Ron Rivera. He still wouldn't be my preference, even with the limited field, but I'm not in the interview room. 

I'm hopeful for Anthony Weaver right now. I keep finding little nuggets about him that I like.