Senior Bowl Thread

2 hours ago, detfan782004 said:

Defense cost them SB trip really though. More so the scheme but talent is not great 

Heck those defensive linemen who dropped the passes that should have been caught on 3rd or 4th downs! Darn them for dropping INTs that hit them in the hands or facemask! They should have known better than for the RB and QB not to be on the same page on which side to run the ball to resulting in a fumble! They alone cost us the Superbowl!

2 hours ago, Louis Friend said:

CB Quinyon Mitchell had a very good day at practice. Also WR Ricky Pearsall from Florida who I would like as a Josh Reynolds replacement. 

It is good to see him answering questions about level of competition.  He needed that more than a lot of prospects this year.  It will be interesting to see how far he rises as the draft gets closer.  He may already have risen to the point where he wont be available at #29.

Jackson Powers-Johnson might be playing himself ahead of our #29 pick also.  Javon Foster is playing well also.  Given his almost ideal measurables, he might also rise from being his current projection of mid-late Round 2.  

Edited by Just Want A Title
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, Just Want A Title said:

It is good to see him answering questions about level of competition.  He needed that more than a lot of prospects this year.  It will be interesting to see how far he rises as the draft gets closer.  He may already have risen to the point where he wont be available at #29.

Jackson Powers-Johnson might be playing himself ahead of our #29 pick also.  Javon Foster is playing well also.  Given his almost ideal measurables, he might also rise from being his current projection of mid-late Round 2.  

I like JPJ a lot but I don’t think he makes it to our second rd pick 

• Like 1

I was surprised to see that T'Vondre Sweat weighed in at 335.  It looked like he was at 350-360 Lbs during his last season.  There were some questions about his work-ethic and ability to keep his weight under control prior to the Senior Bowl.  If he show he can keep his weight under control and keep his conditioning up, he might be a surprise riser in the draft.

12 minutes ago, Just Want A Title said:

I was surprised to see that T'Vondre Sweat weighed in at 335.  It looked like he was at 350-360 Lbs during his last season.  There were some questions about his work-ethic and ability to keep his weight under control prior to the Senior Bowl.  If he show he can keep his weight under control and keep his conditioning up, he might be a surprise riser in the draft.

I suspect that he's going to be in the 1st - 2nd range.

The guy I think isn't going to be an option for us is Jackson Powers-Johnson, Oregon OC. He sounds like he's solidifying himself as a round 1 OL. 

• Like 1

The guy that I think will be hurt by the Senior Bowl is Xavier Legette. 

He has had a lot of round 1 buzz but his measurables really are leaving something to be desired - small hands (8 7/8), average arms (31 7/8) and he's not super tall (6'1). PFF had him listed as 6'3, so that does change things a bit for him.

He only had 2 drops on 97 targets (2.1%) so maybe the hands aren't going to be a big issue for him. However, they are questions he'll have to answer in the process. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Just Want A Title said:

Marshawn Kneeland is having a solid Senior Bowl week so far.  He could bring some much needed help to our D-Line.

Apparently, he wasn't "as big" as expected (he was listed at 275 but came in at 268). 

I feel like he's going to be a 2nd - 3rd round guy that will develop into an Allim level player (not as a DT obviously but in terms of a quality starting piece). 

31 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

Apparently, he wasn't "as big" as expected (he was listed at 275 but came in at 268). 

I feel like he's going to be a 2nd - 3rd round guy that will develop into an Allim level player (not as a DT obviously but in terms of a quality starting piece). 

He would be a solid compliment to Hutch.  He seems to set the edge well and is strong vs the run.  It isn't a stretch for him to be a 7-9 sack per season player.  He might be at 268 now because of the draft preparation.  Being lighter gives him a better shot at faster 40 and 10-yard split (which is what really matters).  He seems to be doing just fine at 268.

1 hour ago, Just Want A Title said:

He would be a solid compliment to Hutch.  He seems to set the edge well and is strong vs the run.  It isn't a stretch for him to be a 7-9 sack per season player.  He might be at 268 now because of the draft preparation.  Being lighter gives him a better shot at faster 40 and 10-yard split (which is what really matters).  He seems to be doing just fine at 268.

My only concern for him at that size is where do you play him and who does he replace? He profiles close to Paschal, so that's direct competition. Not opposed to it but JP is a 2nd rd pick. So that would hurt. I'd say Cominsky needs to be challenged but we're looking at someone in the 280 - 290 range. 

• Like 1

Darius Robinson and his teammate Javon Foster are both having pretty strong weeks.  Both would make good additions to our roster.  Darius Robinson could be there for the Lions at 29 right now but he is definitely helping his draft stock.  He seems like a slightly more athletic version of Cameron Jordan.   There are quite a teams ahead of the Lions in the first and second round that could use Javon Foster also.  I would have no qualms if one or both of these players ended up on our roster.  

Edited by Just Want A Title