Do you Vape?

ET80

Figured I'd see if there are any other vapers here. :D

I started in late November - wife bought it for me in the hopes of getting me to quit smoking. Haven't smoked a cigarette since (used to be a pack+ a day guy). There are probably some health trade-offs, but it's nice to not have my clothes reek of cigarette smoke at the very least.

I currently have an eLeaf iStick 30w and an Aspire Nautilus tank, but might upgrade in a few months. What kind of setup do you have?

eba9a8a692a577bb954615524b98c195.jpg

226.jpg

6 minutes ago, TENINCH said:

I have ones that are way worse than that I can't post here. Funny stuff.

Good that you are able to quick smoking and VAPE instead. Definitely less stinky and healthier

Is the healither aspect confirmed yet? 

A buddy of mine vapes and we've had this discussion, since it's only been around a couple of years now we don't really know the long term effects. 

6 minutes ago, texans_uk said:

Is the healither aspect confirmed yet? 

A buddy of mine vapes and we've had this discussion, since it's only been around a couple of years now we don't really know the long term effects. 

So far I think so. I don't smoke so I can't confirm.

I smoked for a long time, never really felt too terrible but obviously didn't like the health risks involved. Vaped for 2 years and completely stopped smoking. Lungs hurt more vaping than smoking. Stopped vaping and lungs felt better. Now I'm a true weekend warrior. I won't smoke/vape anything but if I start drinking, yep.... and that only happens on the weekends. I usually just stick to cigs but a pack lasts me like 3 weeks so it's very infrequent that I smoke.

I found it odd vaping made me feel worse than cigs.

I smoked for a long time, never really felt too terrible but obviously didn't like the health risks involved. Vaped for 2 years and completely stopped smoking. Lungs hurt more vaping than smoking. Stopped vaping and lungs felt better. Now I'm a true weekend warrior. I won't smoke/vape anything but if I start drinking, yep.... and that only happens on the weekends. I usually just stick to cigs but a pack lasts me like 3 weeks so it's very infrequent that I smoke.

2 minutes ago, JTagg7754 said:

I'm the opposite - had the hacking cough and couldn't really keep my breath as a smoker. With vaping, I have no cough, no annual bronchitis and I'm able to really power through cardio with no issues. 

The overall end game is to be done with vaping, so it's not a permanent solution - ideally I'd quit by Summer 2018. 

A lot of my friends vape.

When I try, I immediately cough uncontrollably. I like the flavor and subtle head high, but I just cough like a fool.

Other types of smoke entering my lungs is fine, but there's something about vaping I'm not doing right.

7 minutes ago, EliteTexan80 said:

I'm the opposite - had the hacking cough and couldn't really keep my breath as a smoker. With vaping, I have no cough, no annual bronchitis and I'm able to really power through cardio with no issues. 

The overall end game is to be done with vaping, so it's not a permanent solution - ideally I'd quit by Summer 2018. 

I have a lot of friends who still vape and they share your experience also. I was definitely the oddity.

I will always be thankful for vaping b/c I was 3/4 a pack a day on average before it came around. Now I'm a pack/3 weeks like I said before. If I don't drink, I don't smoke so I consider it a solid victory for someone who smoked for 15 years or so lol. 

37 minutes ago, JTagg7754 said:

I have a lot of friends who still vape and they share your experience also. I was definitely the oddity.

I will always be thankful for vaping b/c I was 3/4 a pack a day on average before it came around. Now I'm a pack/3 weeks like I said before. If I don't drink, I don't smoke so I consider it a solid victory for someone who smoked for 15 years or so lol. 

That's my ultimate goal - get off the vape, then maybe have a smoke if I'm having a few drinks. Or even keep the vape around and take it with me if I go have a drink. 

Archived