Random Thoughts - Offseason 2024

dll2000

1 hour ago, dll2000 said:

Yeah, but Tua sucked at everything before they added talent and a new coach. 

He even said he was questioning himself and his ability to play in league under Flores.

Ah. I misunderstood. Thought you were talking about Fields and his new coaching/players. 

I'm dumb. lol 

43 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

Ah. I misunderstood. Thought you were talking about Fields and his new coaching/players. 

I'm dumb. lol 

It's fine.  I wasn't super clear. 

https://www.si.com/nfl/bears-commanders-patriots-rookie-quarterbacks

Interesting article on the difference in the way teams are preparing the top 3 QBs from the draft. Of course everything is rainbows and cotton candy coming out of all the camps in regards to their rookies so a lot of info has to be taken with a grain of salt but I do find the different approaches to be interesting.

15 hours ago, dll2000 said:

Meh. He didn't have to jump and #35 pulled up on purpose. 

Agree on this catch, but Pitts is gonna have a huge year with Cousins. Jordan Reed, Rudolph, Conklin, Hockenson have all produced career years with Kirk under center, and Pitts has more talent than all of them. And is playing for a new contract. Not expecting it specifically, but it wouldn’t surprise me in the least if he puts up Kelce/Gronk type receiving numbers this year if Cousins stays healthy. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

Agree on this catch, but Pitts is gonna have a huge year with Cousins. Jordan Reed, Rudolph, Conklin, Hockenson have all produced career years with Kirk under center, and Pitts has more talent than all of them. And is playing for a new contract. Not expecting it specifically, but it wouldn’t surprise me in the least if he puts up Kelce/Gronk type receiving numbers this year if Cousins stays healthy. 

Pitts is a freak athlete.  But the advantage with him was supposed to be inside and causing match up problems at TE.   As a WR 1 he hasn’t been nearly as scary.  I haven’t watched him close, but he probably doesn’t have great change of direction. 

Still scary though.  

1 minute ago, dll2000 said:

Pitts is a freak athlete.  But the advantage with him was supposed to be inside and causing match up problems at TE.   As a WR 1 he hasn’t been nearly as scary.  I haven’t watched him close, but he probably doesn’t have great change of direction. 

Still scary though.  

I don’t expect ATL will use him much outside at WR at all. They still have London and added Mooney and Rondale Moore this offseason. Arthur Smith’s inability to use his offensive weapons as they should’ve been was really crazy.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

I don’t expect ATL will use him much outside at WR at all. They still have London and added Mooney and Rondale Moore this offseason. Arthur Smith’s inability to use his offensive weapons as they should’ve been was really crazy.

He hasn’t played much TE, if they are moving him back there I imagine there is going to be a bit of a learning curve.  

Everyone keeps saying we are going to play a ton of two TE sets because that is what Waldron likes and did in Seattle.

To me that would be bad coaching. You play your best players.  You coach to your talent.  

Our best offensive players leaving aside QB are the big 3 WRs.  Not Kmet and Everett.  

Bears should be playing mostly 11 personnel not 12.  I am not taking Odunze or Allen off the field often for Everett. 

50 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

Everyone keeps saying we are going to play a ton of two TE sets because that is what Waldron likes and did in Seattle.

To me that would be bad coaching. You play your best players.  You coach to your talent.  

Our best offensive players leaving aside QB are the big 3 WRs.  Not Kmet and Everett.  

Bears should be playing mostly 11 personnel not 12.  I am not taking Odunze or Allen off the field often for Everett. 

SEA was in 11 personnel 64.2% of the time (15th most) and 12 personnel 22.3% of the time (10th most) last year according to this. I think the point is that we should be able to do both effectively. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dll2000 said:

He hasn’t played much TE, if they are moving him back there I imagine there is going to be a bit of a learning curve.  

He plays TE like Kelce or Hockenson do which is basically a WR. He’s not a Y TE like Kmet or Kittle. That’s basically what he’s been doing already. 

I started a new twitter account just for Bears posts.  More topically focused. 

See if I can gain a few followers.  A lot of pretty girls are already following me.  I didn't even post a picture of myself.

• Like 1