Random Thoughts - Offseason 2024

dll2000

You know what kind of sucks?

I really want go watch camp and getting tickets is going to be huge pain with high odds because the demand is so much bigger than the supply.   And this year will be higher than ever.  It was never a thing in Bourbonnais other than getting a good seat. 

Just build taller bleachers so it seats more people.  They aren’t that expensive.  Just the cheap metal ones.   This org. is so stupid about little things.  

• Like 1

It’s still nuts we got Sweat for just a 2RP. But watching his highlights he really seemed to come alive here. He was good to great in Washington, he’s been nothing but great here. 

• Like 1

Really interesting that when draft prospects are "local visits" the franchise can't pay for any of it...like not even the fuel to get there or it counts as a 30 visit...when you consider how much the NFL makes in revenue every year that is insane.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Ty21 said:

It’s still nuts we got Sweat for just a 2RP. But watching his highlights he really seemed to come alive here. He was good to great in Washington, he’s been nothing but great here. 

He was an athletic freak who just figured it out.   Getting one of those guys at edge for a 2nd just when that happened is crazy.   

The talk in WA was always who are you going to keep on that DL because assumption was you couldn’t pay them all when contracts came due.  

In last two years everyone with a brain agreed they had to keep Sweat as he was ascending. But they didn’t.   😆. Good for us.  

12 hours ago, Ty21 said:

Doing this deal meant Bears weren’t forced to reach for an edge in this draft.  It was so huge. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

He was an athletic freak who just figured it out.   Getting one of those guys at edge for a 2nd just when that happened is crazy.   

The talk in WA was always who are you going to keep on that DL because assumption was you couldn’t pay them all when contracts came due.  

In last two years everyone with a brain agreed they had to keep Sweat as he was ascending. But they didn’t.   😆. Good for us.  

It worked out well for us for sure, but I don’t think WSH did it wrong either. Allen and Payne are both dudes too, and they did right by moving on from Chase Young. 

16 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

It worked out well for us for sure, but I don’t think WSH did it wrong either. Allen and Payne are both dudes too, and they did right by moving on from Chase Young. 

Easier to find those guys than a Sweat IMO.  But if you aren’t going to resign someone getting a 1st or 2nd round pick back is always good process.

Especially when you are rebuilding.

2 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

Really interesting that when draft prospects are "local visits" the franchise can't pay for any of it...like not even the fuel to get there or it counts as a 30 visit...when you consider how much the NFL makes in revenue every year that is insane.

As an owner I would likely just give a team leader a random bonus and they pay for it out of their own pocket. 

"Hey DJ, going to give you a $50K bonus, but when there are any UDFAs that need to fly in you will be the one to pay for it. That will let use get around the NFL being incompetent and maybe we get some more talent to help win. That ok? You can keep the excess that doesn't get used and travel points." 

5 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

As an owner I would likely just give a team leader a random bonus and they pay for it out of their own pocket. 

"Hey DJ, going to give you a $50K bonus, but when there are any UDFAs that need to fly in you will be the one to pay for it. That will let use get around the NFL being incompetent and maybe we get some more talent to help win. That ok? You can keep the excess that doesn't get used and travel points." 

I have no idea if that’s allowed, but it would make a ton of sense.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, dll2000 said:

Fields would be an awesome kick returner.  I think he may find it insulting.  

Oof.  Fields has had perhaps the most humiliating off season for a QB I can recall.  Like, he's going to walk into the locker room with a bucket stuck on his foot, a face covered in beestings and an arrow through his neck like Elmer Fudd at this point. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, BEAR FACE DOWN ARROW said:

Oof.  Fields has had perhaps the most humiliating off season for a QB I can recall.  Like, he's going to walk into the locker room with a bucket stuck on his foot, a face covered in beestings and an arrow through his neck like Elmer Fudd at this point. 

The biggest insult you can give an NFL QB is to call him a RB.

To call him a KR.  Wow.  That is another level.  It was his own coach.  LOL.

Hilarious.  But I feel bad for him at same time.

2 hours ago, BEAR FACE DOWN ARROW said:

<div class="tenor-gif-embed" data-postid="10807867" data-share-method="host" data-aspect-ratio="1.33333" data-width="100%"><a href="https://tenor.com/view/sideshow-bob-rakes-gif-10807867">Sideshow Bob Rakes GIF</a>from <a href="https://tenor.com/search/sideshow+bob-gifs">Sideshow Bob GIFs</a></div> <script type="text/javascript" async src="https://tenor.com/embed.js"></script>

https://tenor.com/view/sideshow-bob-rakes-gif-10807867

sideshow-bob-rakes.gif

• Like 1