Random Thoughts - Offseason 2024

dll2000

2 hours ago, Bigbear72 said:

Actually if we are eliminating words or phrases I nominate the phrase "generational talent" please and thank you.

Also curious how that was used on Williams for a long long time and then seemingly spontaneously every NFL person I read or listen to stopped using it, saying they hate the term.  Kinda weird how often phrases or ideas come and go simultaneously across the media landscape. Someone on here used to comment that they thought some of the pod guys were reading comments on here.  Maybe ideas are just universal and people hit on them at similar times.  

27 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

Totally hypothetical as it will never happen…Josh Allen now demands out of Buffalo given what they have around him…you trading #1 Overall straight up for him?

If it was ever on the table, yes. Never a second of hesitation

Id possibly even give #1 AND #9 without much of a fight for a QB as young and as proven as Josh Allen

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

If it was ever on the table, yes. Never a second of hesitation

Id possibly even give #1 AND #9 without much of a fight for a QB as young and as proven as Josh Allen

Yep, him and Herbert are two hell yes's from me. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Madmike90 said:

Totally hypothetical as it will never happen…Josh Allen now demands out of Buffalo given what they have around him…you trading #1 Overall straight up for him?

Yes.  In a heartbeat. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, BEAR FACE DOWN ARROW said:

Extra Random Bonus Thought:  Watched my kid pour milk for cereal, and then put away the milk.  To put the cap back on she holds the cap in place and turns the entire gallon of milk.  How does this happen. 

Does she turn the jar of peanut butter and hold the cap still? Or is this a milk-only... Idiosyncrasy?

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, BEAR FACE DOWN ARROW said:

Extra Random Bonus Thought:  Watched my kid pour milk for cereal, and then put away the milk.  To put the cap back on she holds the cap in place and turns the entire gallon of milk.  How does this happen. 

I do that with the big coconut oil jars from CostCo.

41 minutes ago, BEAR FACE DOWN ARROW said:

You need to call someone dude...I don't know who...but someone 😂

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, BEAR FACE DOWN ARROW said:

she got that from your side of the family

• Like 1

6 hours ago, dll2000 said:

That would leave Buf with no draft picks (after 9) until 4th round.

Plus his contract is not good to move for either team.  

Oh, I don’t think it’s realistic. They are in that phase right now in between Josh Allen title windows IMO, so the picks probably matter more. They’re looking to replace a lot right now, not just Diggs. But it would take something like that for me to consider trading down with BUF. My guess is they just take a WR at 28 or 60. They already have a bunch of good secondary-type receiving options at WR in Samuel, Shakir, Knox and especially Kincaid (who I’m super high on), and a capable RB in Cook (plus Allen as a runner). They’ll still score and move the ball without Diggs. They need to take a swing on a young guy with WR1 upside though IMO.

• Like 1

On 4/3/2024 at 4:13 PM, HuskieBear said:

she got that from your side of the family

You're not wrong. Apparently it's all related to my instructions on how to fasten a lag bolt, where you turn the bottom not the top. She just kind of .... extrapolated to other things.   Situation rectified and we're hoping we can get our deposit back from the exorcist. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BEAR FACE DOWN ARROW said:

You're not wrong. Apparently it's all related to my instructions on how to fasten a lag bolt, where you turn the bottom not the top. She just kind of .... extrapolated to other things.   Situation rectified and we're hoping we can get our deposit back from the exorcist. 

How is she gonna fill the car up with gas and put the gas cap back on?