Random Thoughts - Offseason 2024

dll2000

1 hour ago, Madmike90 said:

Always had to be us this year...

Glad we get football back at the earliest possible time.

I forget with the newer preseason set up, does that give us an extra (4th) game? That could be really useful

6 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

I forget with the newer preseason set up, does that give us an extra (4th) game? That could be really useful

It does, yes. Normally I’m indifferent, but this year it gives us an extra week of practice while getting a rookie QB up to speed as well as (possibly) a few more preseason game reps for him. Feels like a small win for us this year. 

• Like 1

I'm telling you, if the Bears are ever going to end up on Hard Knocks, this is the year. Extra preseason game. New #1 overall super hyped QB - the "savior" for the franchise. New offensive players. Potentially new stadium talk - maybe a little quid pro quo "we'll do HK if you (the league) throw some extra funds our way. Solid at worst defense. Lack of draft picks means more UDFA for america to root for. 

14 minutes ago, HuskieBear said:

I'm telling you, if the Bears are ever going to end up on Hard Knocks, this is the year. Extra preseason game. New #1 overall super hyped QB - the "savior" for the franchise. New offensive players. Potentially new stadium talk - maybe a little quid pro quo "we'll do HK if you (the league) throw some extra funds our way. Solid at worst defense. Lack of draft picks means more UDFA for america to root for. 

Hard Knocks wants Bears every year.  Them or Cowboys, Steelers or Giants.  

Bears = ratings.  Bears are ones that don't want to do it.

I would get HBO or wherever it is now just to watch that.

26 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

Hard Knocks wants Bears every year.  Them or Cowboys, Steelers or Giants.  

Bears = ratings.  Bears are ones that don't want to do it.

I would get HBO or wherever it is now just to watch that.

yes but bears are one of 3 teams that can be forced into it this season, along with the saints and broncos. i'm sure we know who is more compelling.

short of team volunteering, chicago is by far the most intriguing team, especially for the reasons i pointed out 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, AZBearsFan said:

Hybrid XFL-like kickoff officially approved for 2024.

Like I said yesterday, this might be something that helps Velus Jones keep a job in 2024. 

Cordaralle Patterson is still a FA if i remember correctly.  He suddenly became valuable again provided he hasn’t lost a step.

• Like 1

Meanwhile on Bears X.  

This guy was accused of using bots on a Bears personality March madness tourney.   There was like 3k votes in 10 minutes all in his favor.  Which was an anomaly for how vote was proceeding up to that point.  So it looked suspicious. 

He then posted below.  Also the people that follow him call themselves ‘the voiceless’.   

He came in my radar when he caused a big stir earlier in year by claiming he had inside direct knowledge from a source that knows that Fields wasn’t going to be traded.  Adam Rank said he was a credible guy on his podcast and wouldn’t just make something like that up.  

I admit I don’t get it.  The voiceless?   Is this part of the new alpha male or disaffected young male grift? 

28 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

Meanwhile on Bears X.  

This guy was accused of using bots on a Bears personality March madness tourney.   There was like 3k votes in 10 minutes all in his favor.  Which was an anomaly for how vote was proceeding up to that point.  So it looked suspicious. 

He then posted below.  Also the people that follow him call themselves ‘the voiceless’.   

He came in my radar when he caused a big stir earlier in year by claiming he had inside direct knowledge from a source that knows that Fields wasn’t going to be traded.  Adam Rank said he was a credible guy on his podcast and wouldn’t just make something like that up.  

I admit I don’t get it.  The voiceless?   Is this part of the new alpha male or disaffected young male grift? 

Starting to feel like Saint Jay might have the right approach to this current event. jay-cutler-dont-care.jpg

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BEAR FACE DOWN ARROW said:

Starting to feel like Saint Jay might have the right approach to this current event. jay-cutler-dont-care.jpg

Couldn't resist and clicked through that for a while... that is some bizarre stuff.  Didn't make it far enough to see any actual Bears content but did see a whole lot of framing himself as some kind of victim of the elites* and talking about representing some vast ignored and disrespected group. 

Also, it seems like we have to have hit a saturation point on Bears podcasts, right?   I think you would need to add  extra hours in the day to listen to them all.  For what it's worth I really enjoy Hoge and Jahns, and Bears over Beers when it's in season. 

*Keep in mind the elites in this case are people with twitter. 

• Like 1

So many people trying to avoid that 9-5.  

I get it.  They want to do what they love.  I have considered doing a podcast or YouTube channel for Bears content.   Every time I start I get buried at work or life happens.

And I just don’t see how there is enough money in it to live with all the saturation.  For me it would be just for kicks and giggles.