Random Thoughts - Offseason 2024

dll2000

Someone just reposted a screen shot of post I was talking about from earlier.  This caused a lot of stir when it came out.  

What a strange time this past Spring was for a Bears fan.  

There is no way to prove that was a lie.  Maybe he was lied to.  But we have all heard the story of the boy who cried wolf. 

You lose a lot of credibility saying stuff like this.  

16 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

Someone just reposted a screen shot of post I was talking about from earlier.  This caused a lot of stir when it came out.  

What a strange time this past Spring was for a Bears fan.  

There is no way to prove that was a lie.  Maybe he was lied to.  But we have all heard the story of the boy who cried wolf. 

You lose a lot of credibility saying stuff like this.  

You also lose a lot of credibility when you’re a grown *** man and you call yourself “Mikey Cuz.”  That guys just screams d-bag.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CBears019 said:

You also lose a lot of credibility when you’re a grown *** man and you call yourself “Mikey Cuz.”  That guys just screams d-bag.

Brah?

He gives voice to the voiceless.  

• Like 3

8 hours ago, dll2000 said:

So many people trying to avoid that 9-5.  

I get it.  They want to do what they love.  I have considered doing a podcast or YouTube channel for Bears content.   Every time I start I get buried at work or life happens.

And I just don’t see how there is enough money in it to live with all the saturation.  For me it would be just for kicks and giggles.  

I think in many cases people just don’t want to get a regular job. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, AZBearsFan said:

I think in many cases people just don’t want to get a regular job. 

Sad part is I totally get it. 40 years ago jobs offered a mchbhigher quality of living. My dad just finished barber school and just started cutting hair, and my mom was going to LPN school - and they got a ******* house loan.

Meanwhile I was a young kid who just wanted to buy a cheap used truck for work to haul around the gutter trailer and material and had to have a cosigner. I was making about $60k and ran my own little business at 24 (i think) and had $3k of available cash, so I just wanted a $9k loan for the $12k truck. And I got rejected unless I had a cosigner. Wtf. Lol

My kids see how hard and much I have worked and I'm up front that the money wasn't worth it when i was running the sanitation business. The worst my family ever has been was also while I made the most money. Dr's have more liability and red tape to deal with than ever, so do pharmacists from what I've seen, attourneys around me either seem to LOVE their career or hate it. A local one quit practicing and is making and selling candles now. I am up front with them that if they just want money then their jobs will never be fulfilling, but if they have a good work-life balance then less money can be WAY more positive. I hope they understand and remember that later.

10 minutes ago, BEAR FACE DOWN ARROW said:

Is "comfortability" a word?   I swear the only place I've ever heard it has been football podcasts, and it's all over them... Usually referring to QB in the pocket, or GM willing to draft a player.  If we get to vote, I vote that this is not a word. 

It seems to have appeared out of nowhere, much like the time to throw metric did in 2023. I’m against it. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, BEAR FACE DOWN ARROW said:

Is "comfortability" a word?   I swear the only place I've ever heard it has been football podcasts, and it's all over them... Usually referring to QB in the pocket, or GM willing to draft a player.  If we get to vote, I vote that this is not a word. 

Actually if we are eliminating words or phrases I nominate the phrase "generational talent" please and thank you.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Bigbear72 said:

Actually if we are eliminating words or phrases I nominate the phrase "generational talent" please and thank you.

Or use it only when appropriate.  

Shaquille O'Neill in college and Lebron James in high school were pretty obviously going to be very good pros.  There was no guesswork involved with them.

Much harder to be absolutely positive about an NFL QB though no matter the talent.  So many variables go into that.

If they run a pro offense in college, dominate college, 3 year starter, are awesome athletes, good size, and have good bloodlines.  I guess that is what it would take to check all the boxes.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

I guess Buffalo is out on 2024 and resetting roster. 

They have lost a lot of vet talent.

Now that I look at bigger picture for them.  Trade makes more sense.  They signed Samuel.  They didn't lose much production with him out last year because other guys stepped up.

He isn't happy there anymore.  He is expensive.  It is a deep WR draft.

21 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

I guess Buffalo is out on 2024 and resetting roster. 

They have lost a lot of vet talent.

I cant imagine a team who fell just short of the AFC Championship Game would just punt on the following year.

I wonder if they may give up a bunch to get up to #9 to snag the final Top WR talent? Would we drop that far? Who could be available there and how many 2nds would it take for us to make a trade?

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

I cant imagine a team who fell just short of the AFC Championship Game would just punt on the following year.

I wonder if they may give up a bunch to get up to #9 to snag the final Top WR talent? Would we drop that far? Who could be available there and how many 2nds would it take for us to make a trade?

9 for 28, 60 and Ed Oliver? 

31 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

9 for 28, 60 and Ed Oliver? 

That would leave Buf with no draft picks (after 9) until 4th round.

Plus his contract is not good to move for either team.