Random Thoughts - Offseason 2024

dll2000

14 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

In all seriousness.

Offensive practice generally sucks at all levels of football for a long time.

It takes a long time to gel.  All 11 pieces have to work together near perfectly.

And guess what? That absolute waste of money Nate Davis wasn't there today. They should seriously release him today and go with Carter or something at OG. He's an unreliable bum

On another note it does suck to see these reports. One day the Bears will have a rookie who shows they're different right away. I remember reading how Aaron Donald was a badass right away

BUT, t's May 23. Odunze and Allen weren't practicing. The Bears D, to an extent, is underrated imo. A lot of fans think they mostly beat up on bad offenses but that wasn't the case. That side of the ball also has the same scheme to fall back on where the O is learning a new scheme

29 minutes ago, BEAR FACE DOWN ARROW said:

Well yes, maybe, but I'm already onto the 2025 draft QBs,  I've done this before. 

Also,  I'm a lot smaller than you guys but swing 20lbs from busy time of year (now) to my fat and happy time of year in late fall. Pretty active but also eat and drink the things I like so when I slow down it lands fast and in the middle.  Should probably find an activity for winter. 

Winter sucks in N. IL.  

17 hours ago, beardown3231 said:

And guess what? That absolute waste of money Nate Davis wasn't there today. They should seriously release him today and go with Carter or something at OG. He's an unreliable bum

On another note it does suck to see these reports. One day the Bears will have a rookie who shows they're different right away. I remember reading how Aaron Donald was a badass right away

BUT, t's May 23. Odunze and Allen weren't practicing. The Bears D, to an extent, is underrated imo. A lot of fans think they mostly beat up on bad offenses but that wasn't the case. That side of the ball also has the same scheme to fall back on where the O is learning a new scheme

This is the kind of stuff that nobody cared about before the over coverage of absolutely everything football. Microscrutiny of practice, especially install level early OTA practices, is incredibly dumb. 

Not many Bears fans, if any, posted actual panic that I saw.

But a lot of people are ready to crow about Caleb being bad. 

Like kids at side of the public pool waiting for the adult swim to be over.   Do they still do that?  

That was always hilarious.  Life guard tweets his whistle.  All the kids get out and sit on the side of pool.  Some old guy or gal gets in with a swim cap and goggles and does a couple of laps while 50 impatient kids are dying to get back in.

Who would do that?  I am old enough now to be that guy.  I can't imagine doing that.

19 hours ago, dll2000 said:

Winter sucks in N. IL.  

Snowshoeing is a good option for a winter activity. You can usually snowshoe on a lot of golf courses. If you're feeling fancy, could even delve into cross country skiing!

23 minutes ago, chisoxguy7 said:

Snowshoeing is a good option for a winter activity. You can usually snowshoe on a lot of golf courses. If you're feeling fancy, could even delve into cross country skiing!

We've got snowshoes up at our place in WI, but never really get up there.  Around here we had like 2 snow days this past winter period, and, uh, for reasons, I don't see that getting snowier.  My wife used to be really competitive snowboarding and downhill skiiing, but after we had kids she totally lost her interest in all that and picked up XC skiing. I secretly hate it but like getting outside with her, but we got all of 1 day and it was with the kids so our GPS track looks a toddler drew it and I think we had about 50' of actually moving consistently which is where the appeal of XC seems to be.  I've played around with pairing an inflatable wing with skis on windy snowy days and it can be kinda fun but I swear dogs think you're satan as every time I've done I get charged by a dog, which would be bad if you're surprised by it as you can go fast.

So....  on Bears... I was just playing a bit there about the 2025 QBs, but stuck at work (was supposed to go winsurfing but got an "emergency" callback to town which turned out to by the like at IT call where the first question is, "did you turn on the power?" and missed my window) so I'm angrily working and playing Bears podcasts on youtube, and the Chuggo one is absolutely full of people freaking out in the chat.  So, rest easy, our fans are actually doing that.   There are the Fields people which seems inevitable I guess, but there are really guys calling for Bagent already.  This is a real thing! I thought we were all joking.  

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, chisoxguy7 said:

Hmm.  Not sure I would consider either of those things fun.

Maybe if I was snowshoeing or skiing in a scenic place. 

5 hours ago, dll2000 said:

Representative of many posts on X right now because of the bad Bears offensive practice:

Greg Gabriel as actual voice of reason.  That is different. 

Not one meaningful person said "better than Mahomes." Who is that guy arguing with?

6 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

Not one meaningful person said "better than Mahomes." Who is that guy arguing with?

Some said, better as a 'prospect'.  All of those people said that doesn't mean he will have better career.

2 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

Some said, better as a 'prospect'.  All of those people said that doesn't mean he will have better career.

Remember Mahomes went 10th and was 3rd QB.   

It's the time of the year where most fan bases think their team is going to the Super Bowl. I know in the Packer forum we are very optimistic. 

The pundits all love what the Bears have done this off season. 

So the question is, where are you guys at as far as expectations for the upcoming season?